Laura Geller TSV 01/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you are talking about the "French vanilla"half that is the highlighter and it is matte no shimmer at all. Never tried the other half of the pan do no idea if that is shiny or not.

I have a baked colour contour pallet in a massive 20g size. It has half a bronze n'brighten, a quarter French vanilla and a quarter pinky-coral blush. It's gorgeous. QVC Don't have it though (yet? )

It was the vanilla and portofino one, I never said it was a shiny product, I said it made my face look shiny. I know the vanilla is supposed to be the matte of the two, but even on me it made my face look unnaturally, bright and shiny.

If you hang on for a week ebay will be awash with the bits you want and the prices will be pushed down. :mysmilie_59:

That's exactly what I do. I do it for all beauty TSVs. There's always lots of the unwanted bits going cheap. Recently I got the only 3 OPI TSV colours I liked for under a fiver each. I only ever watch QVC to see what I like. I always buy elsewhere. Mostly because of their ridiculous postage cost policy. If I bought a lippie, an eyebrow pencil, a foundation and a cleanser, I could easily pay an extra £20 at QVC on postage. No way does it cost them that to send me one parcel with everything in it.

Flinty has just said they've sold 5000 sets today so far. (4pm show). That seems very low for a LG TSV if you ask me. They've normally shifted three times that amount by this time of day.

I'm usually interested in a LG TSV but I haven't even watched QVC today. I think it's getting to the stage now where I've seen most of the products before, the prices aren't that good and most of the presenters get on my nerves so unless it's something extra extra special I never bother.

I love Laura but the never ending new versions of spackle are ridiculous and to me cheapen the range. I have lost count must be over twenty I'm sure when I first saw spackle demoed they said it could be used all over the eyes lips and all types of complexions. They are totally taking advantage of those loyal customers who like to try new products.

Last edited:
Just flicked over to hear DF say that eye shadow pallet in the TSV is going to be £30 on QVC so with p&p that'll be £33.95, she wants to get on eBay, I've seen it for £18.95 and £16,95 free p&p. Can't watch her but noticed how she won't stand side on, she stands face on, wouldn't want people to know her Fat Lady Sings book is full of crap now would she?.....................before I quickly changed channel, I was mesmerised how her cleavage is nearly hitting her chin. :mysmilie_14:

A while ago I bought that LG highlighter and in my opinion, it looks ridiculous. Under the studio lights it looks different than the lights we face day to day, outside and around the home, and even with a smidgen of the highlighter on your face it looks abnormally shiny.

Not my experience - but it depends which particular shade of Laura's highlighter you're using... I use the french vanilla highlighter - and that is excellent. It doesn't have a shimmer to it, just a subtle gleam. I wear it under-eye (de-emphasise dark shadow), in the corner, under the tail of my eyebrow, a dot in the centre of my eyelid (over the pupil) and across the top of my cheek. I've got other highlighters but I tend to not use them because of the shiny tin-man effect I fear it would have. I've got very deep-set eyes, with cysts on the top lids (lovely lumpy effect), so anything shiny doesn't get a look-in on my eyelids.

Once I've finished off applying my makeup, I do then whisk over the finished effort with what remains of my balance & brighten to soften and set my makeup.

Not my experience - but it depends which particular shade of Laura's highlighter you're using... I use the french vanilla highlighter - and that is excellent. It doesn't have a shimmer to it, just a subtle gleam. I wear it under-eye (de-emphasise dark shadow), in the corner, under the tail of my eyebrow, a dot in the centre of my eyelid (over the pupil) and across the top of my cheek. I've got other highlighters but I tend to not use them because of the shiny tin-man effect I fear it would have. I've got very deep-set eyes, with cysts on the top lids (lovely lumpy effect), so anything shiny doesn't get a look-in on my eyelids.

Once I've finished off applying my makeup, I do then whisk over the finished effort with what remains of my balance & brighten to soften and set my makeup.

I did actually say it was the vanilla one.................glad it works for you, but for me it makes my skin look unnaturally shiny, and it looks ridiculous on me too.

Oh dear, looks like I was the only one on here that actually went for it lol!! :mysmilie_13:

I needed a brown eyeliner and really like hers, also really like her mascara too. I think that a little bit of sparkle in eyeshadows looks nice, even over 40. I know everyone's opinion are different but I thought the eyeshadows looked lovely on. Just my colours. Also I prefer a darker lip colour for autumn.....have tried this nude craze that everyone keeps banging on about on you tube etc but have to be honest and think a little bit of colour looks much more forgiving when one is getting a bit older, also the darker shades don't settle into the pesky fine lines as much.
Also, I must be honest and say that I was glad there wasn't another B n B in it as I have three as back up already. I did lots of research before buying this TSV and found LOTS of really positive reviews about the highlighter on qvc.com. Apparently it's discontinued over there now and everyone is buying back ups of it as it's that's good? Hmm we'll see.

Anyone else going to confess? lol

I have the 2pm show on at the moment, and Claire has just asked if QVC are still the only place to sell LG in the UK, and Sarah Jagger has just said yes. This is also an incorrect fact as Debenhams have just started selling Laura Geller products.

I like Sarah Jagger, she does seem to know her stuff when it comes to make-up and applying it, but there is just something about her that makes me think she might not actually use Laura Geller products on her clients. I follow her on Instagram and Twitter and she never mentions LG products at all. She looks at her 'cheat sheet' a lot as well.

I don't like Sarah Jagger - her singsongy delivery just sounds patronising to me. And any claims to credibility are definitely undermined by her poor knowledge of the LG range and availability... either she doesn't know, or worse she's being economical with the truth. I'd prefer to believe she's not done her homework.

I haven't watched any of the liquid foundation (POTM) demos but have just watched it today OMG how yellow do all the models look with it on the befores and afters just highlight how yellow it is. Some of them look bordering on jaundiced.

I thought it was just me! That so-called plump "juicy" youthful skin was anything but! They did, indeed look jaundiced and ill. No recommendation at all seeing the models in it!

If you are talking about the "French vanilla"half that is the highlighter and it is matte no shimmer at all. Never tried the other half of the pan do no idea if that is shiny or not.

I have a baked colour contour pallet in a massive 20g size. It has half a bronze n'brighten, a quarter French vanilla and a quarter pinky-coral blush. It's gorgeous. QVC Don't have it though (yet? )

Did you get it at Debenhams - they've got that pallet there... I'm tempted! But I thought "getting at" the blush would be fiddly - how do you find using it? Maybe QVC won't have it because it won't be exclusive.

Flinty has just said they've sold 5000 sets today so far. (4pm show). That seems very low for a LG TSV if you ask me. They've normally shifted three times that amount by this time of day.

That's no doubt the consequence of not including B&B in the set. On this TSV, I think it is extremely badly configured, and poor value. The ADs are also pretty poor - not sure why they bothered. They'd probably have sold more by dropping the AD and giving easy pays at the price they're charging.

By the way - did anyone else watch the launch with AY, and hear the phonecall from Laura Geller herself? I know the phone has a distorting effect on the voice, but Laura sounded really hoarse and unlike herself. I hope, if she's unwell, she gets better and is able to come over for the next TSV.

I thought SJ was very heavy handed when applying it on a model's face in the 2 pm show. Also, she said 1 of these supersize highlighter palettes equals 4.5 normal sizes. So on AD you get 13.5 normal sizes in 6 months! I mean, blimey!!!! That is a lot.

Just flicked over to hear DF say that eye shadow pallet in the TSV is going to be £30 on QVC so with p&p that'll be £33.95, she wants to get on eBay, I've seen it for £18.95 and £16,95 free p&p. Can't watch her but noticed how she won't stand side on, she stands face on, wouldn't want people to know her Fat Lady Sings book is full of crap now would she?.....................before I quickly changed channel, I was mesmerised how her cleavage is nearly hitting her chin. :mysmilie_14:

I would not pay £16 for it, maybe £8 but I am tight. I always divide the TSV price plus p&p then divide by the number of items and thats what I will pay.
I don't agree with people charging silly prices when I know what a TSV has cost but its up to the individual bidders what they will pay, as I have been told before.

Oh dear, looks like I was the only one on here that actually went for it lol!! :mysmilie_13:

I needed a brown eyeliner and really like hers, also really like her mascara too. I think that a little bit of sparkle in eyeshadows looks nice, even over 40. I know everyone's opinion are different but I thought the eyeshadows looked lovely on. Just my colours. Also I prefer a darker lip colour for autumn.....have tried this nude craze that everyone keeps banging on about on you tube etc but have to be honest and think a little bit of colour looks much more forgiving when one is getting a bit older, also the darker shades don't settle into the pesky fine lines as much.
Also, I must be honest and say that I was glad there wasn't another B n B in it as I have three as back up already. I did lots of research before buying this TSV and found LOTS of really positive reviews about the highlighter on qvc.com. Apparently it's discontinued over there now and everyone is buying back ups of it as it's that's good? Hmm we'll see.

Anyone else going to confess? lol

Enjoy if you love it! I thought you said you like a bit of Spakle in eyeshadows and I was thinking you must mix them together :mysmilie_19:

They probably think we are all foundationed-out after the LG pick of the month.

I like the look of the LG TSV except for that dratted highlighter.
Please LG, learn that we dont all want to look like we are shiny!

Though AY certainly seems to approve of the Tin Man look!

I would not pay £16 for it, maybe £8 but I am tight. I always divide the TSV price plus p&p then divide by the number of items and thats what I will pay.
I don't agree with people charging silly prices when I know what a TSV has cost but its up to the individual bidders what they will pay, as I have been told before.

No, neither would I pay it.

I've gone for it. I went to QVC.com and watched Laura demo the highlighter and think it's worth trying. I have blue green eyes and love wearing green so fancy trying the eyeshadow too. I'm really poor at returning stuff but if this let's me down I'm going to try to discipline myself to send it back.

I also fancy trying the eyeshadow duo with brush in the blueberry anyone tried that?

I don't like Sarah Jagger - her singsongy delivery just sounds patronising to me. And any claims to credibility are definitely undermined by her poor knowledge of the LG range and availability... either she doesn't know, or worse she's being economical with the truth. I'd prefer to believe she's not done her homework.

I thought it was just me! That so-called plump "juicy" youthful skin was anything but! They did, indeed look jaundiced and ill. No recommendation at all seeing the models in it!

Did you get it at Debenhams - they've got that pallet there... I'm tempted! But I thought "getting at" the blush would be fiddly - how do you find using it? Maybe QVC won't have it because it won't be exclusive

No I got mine on eBay. It is easy to get at the blush with the standard LG retractable blush. It's 5 g of blush 5g of French vanilla highlighter and 10g of Bronze n Brighten so full sizes by today's standards on the blushes :)

I've still got this huge size in Balance & Brighten and DD has the split B&B with Balance & Bronze. When they phased out this size we were told that the compact was too large to sustain the baked powder and protect it from breakages, although I suspect it was more to do with it being too much product for the asking price!either. So they've solved that problem or have conveniently forgotten that tale. I just saw the same triple compact sell on ebay for £21 plus p&p so worth having a look on there if you fancy one.

Latest posts

Back