Laura Geller TSV 9/4/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Waiting for the Groupies to start posting in their masses any minute now! Funny how I had a friend in the Beauty Business and worked and lived in America for years and had never heard of this Laura G Brand! :mysmilie_12:

Does anyone know how long it's been going for? I personally have tried a few of her range and think it's okay! :mysmilie_7:

Started in 1997

My giddy aunt, I've just watched the video.
I had to be picked up off the floor, I don't think I have seen Jill with both shoulders covered!
But WTH.....those cheeks looked like some forum members have lined up and given her a good slap across the cheeks.
Wonder when she got off her tuffet

The brand was already well established on Q US when it can to the UK. I got the impression her brand was secondary to working as a make up atrist; according to Alison Young, she was booked up for weddings years in advance. As a money spinner the make up range was a shrewd move and the lady herself helped increase its popularity. I don't blame her for selling of a chunk of the business; I imagine it'll be her pension pot in future years for her and her son, she can't take it with her!

I've just caught up with the shows now. Everyone's hair seems to be a bit mad today going by Chloe and Del Boy as well. What has happened to that woman Laura introduced as her fepresentative on Earth who we thought would be replacing Sarah Jagger? I have never seen her since that day.

Order today....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 121
Just got Jill on with Simon Wilson, her 'oh my gosh'/'amaaaaazing'/looove/ooohing & ahhhing over EVERY piece is just daft.Seems worse than usual.

Every time I switched over to QVC yesterday it was a LG show! Geller Girls got mentioned about 100 times and Beauty Bloggers got a few mentions, yes the FREELOADER one!! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_12:

Every time I switched over to QVC yesterday it was a LG show! Geller Girls got mentioned about 100 times and Beauty Bloggers got a few mentions, yes the FREELOADER one!! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_12:

Yes there's a a post on Q's FB page complaining about this. I am a member of the GGG group and as I've said before, it's a really nice, friendly group (a bit twee at times in its adoration of LG) but I find it cringeworthy that it constantly gets name-checked. It is free for anyone to join, but the way it is constantly referred to (ironically) gives entirely the wrong impression that it is some elitist group when it really isn't.

I think all that name-checking needs to be stopped, including DF's endless references to her godforsaken retreat - just concentrate on the products and leave it at that.

She reminded me of my Grandad with Brylcreem on his hair as the older men used to. The oil slick was not a good look, but obviously the Q "stylists"(?) were too busy with their Lego to notice.

Bo Peep is right because they all follow each other like sheep, not one person had the decency to pull her to one side and tell her what a sight she looks............from an orderly queue please. :mysmilie_17:

Unfortunately my Laura Geller TSV is going back and I'm so disappointed. Has anyone else ordered this and if so what do you think?

I have to say I did order in a zombie haze after believing the hype from everyone on the show and I do like a lot of her products but.... the foundation is very drying and a yellow orangey color, the coverage is not enough for me with red patches showing through. Why they always say it's not a powder it's a cream I don't know. It may very well be but it goes on like a dry powder and makes my skin itch and tingle. The blush is not nice and nothing really stands out enough to justify me keeping it. I think if you're young with good skin this would be fine but unfortunately I'm not.

I still have the tahitian glow to arrive but now I'm wondering if that will be any different.

Mine arrived and I love it, the foundation is perfect as always and I think the blush is quite a nice shade, i don't wear it day to day so it would be used when going out only and its really nice. I think it suits me well, so glad I got it.

Unfortunately my Laura Geller TSV is going back and I'm so disappointed. Has anyone else ordered this and if so what do you think?

I have to say I did order in a zombie haze after believing the hype from everyone on the show and I do like a lot of her products but.... the foundation is very drying and a yellow orangey color, the coverage is not enough for me with red patches showing through. Why they always say it's not a powder it's a cream I don't know. It may very well be but it goes on like a dry powder and makes my skin itch and tingle. The blush is not nice and nothing really stands out enough to justify me keeping it. I think if you're young with good skin this would be fine but unfortunately I'm not.

I still have the tahitian glow to arrive but now I'm wondering if that will be any different.

I agree about the Balance and Brighten Missblinx. The Balance and Glow is better IMHO but the newer foundation called Double Take is by far my favourite. It gives excellent coverage (I like a medium to full coverage) and can be used wet or dry. I dampen a Boots No7 puff because the puff it comes with is too small. I find using it damp gives a creamier, less powdery effect. The colours come up very light though. I use Fair in BnB but it gave me a flour bag effect. The shade Light is perfect for me now, but I got that from Debenhams as its a shade QVC don't stock.

I hope you like the Tahitian Glow as much as I do...i've been using it for a few years now and it gives a lovely natural colour. :nod:

Latest posts

Back