Laura Geller tsv just arrived!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone else annoyed by the big LG lottery? I ordered the giant bronze-n-brighten in fair - I am pale but could do with some warmth to my skin now that spring is coming along. And what do I get? One that's almost exclusively dark brown. I've seen pans in regular that look lighter than what I got! Sigh. Anyone else find that if they brush ends up in too much of the dark pigment they end up with dirty-looking smudges on their cheeks?

Anyone else annoyed by the big LG lottery?

Ohhhhh yes! With the porcelain it's a bit hit or miss on how much pink is included and the fair can be too dark sometimes as well.

I've had them with the odd small crack in the surface as well which then goes on to break up halfway through using it.

Never had one that cracked or broke up, but I too am disapointed with the suprrsize. On the show LG said it could be used as foundation on place of regular BnB, which is why I ordered (and for the brush of course!). Well, mine arrived yesterday, and it is brown and pink with hardly any cream colour in it. I emailed CA re returning it under DSR. I just can't justify keeping nearly £40 worth of product, especially as OH was made redundant yesterday. We r going to have to do some serious belt tightening.
I am keeping the EH MB (supersize moringa balm) that arrived on the same day because it is amazing, and it will be my go to luxury during this otherwise lean year.

I'm still waiting for mine. It was sent to the Hermes warehouse on 1/3/12, they tried to deliver to my courier at 8am 2/3/12 but as she had already left they missed her. The item hasn't moved since then. That's the last info on tracking the fact that they tried to deliver it last Friday. Phoned CS yesterday and she was none too helpful 'well it could come tomorrow!' yes it could come next week or next month, but it's now over the 3-5 working days they keep banging on about and I want to know why Hermes aren't trying to redeliver it!!

I received the jumbo size Bronze&Brighten a few days ago and I love it. I have been applying a gentle sweep over my face of the powder with the fabulous brush and then apply a little more on my cheeks. The result is a soft sunkissed glow with a blusher that is natural looking as it tones in well with the rest of the foundation. I bought this in the fair.

I was disappointed in the contents of the TSV as I wanted a bronze and brighten. Decided that the jumbo Bronze n Brighten itself was too expensive at circa £40 incl postage so bought a Rimmel Natural Bronzer with SPF 8 in Sun Bronze for £4.99 free postage off ebay. Just brushed it on my cheeks, it looks great on its own. Perhaps I'm on the wrong forum - should I be on Martin Lewis's moneysaving one?

I know I'm probably sounding like a broken record with this one but I genuinely don't get it.
As any SPF (other than the ultrasun / P20 variety of course) only lasts for two hours before it needs reapplying, does everyone who insists on using make up or moisturisers or other face lotions and potions honestly re-apply them every two hours religiously throughout the day??
SPF only really suitable for winter. Even on cloudy days in summer you need higher protection than that

So sorry to hear about your husband Laura. what a blow. hope something turns up for him soon.

I got the TSV in Porcelain and Fair as I found it hard to know which one to try. I have fair skin but I think I have a neutral undertone (from what I can determine at least). The porcelain was too light for me and doesn't cover anything. The fair seems a bit of a better match. Is it just me or does this foundation not cover that well. I'm fairly light in BE, well i've never tried any other shade in the range and it seems to suit quite well.. but this Laura Geller doesn't seem to suit my skin. I think my skin tone is a bit in between the porcelain and the fair! The fair works ok when I use it lightly but I was hoping for more coverage! As for the face primer (spackle) I think it's ok but if I use it after my hope in a jar moisturiser (which I got in a philosophy tsv last year) there is a lot of tingling in my cheeks and they started to feel inflamed! The next day I tried a benefit moisturiser sample I have and I have no tingling sensation at all.

I didn't get the latest BE tsv because I have full size of all the products apart from the eye primer and new primer. I think primers work well but I can't tell any difference between any brand to be honest. The BE primer and the LG primer both work the same for me. I can't tell any difference.

I got the TSV in Porcelain and Fair as I found it hard to know which one to try. I have fair skin but I think I have a neutral undertone (from what I can determine at least). The porcelain was too light for me and doesn't cover anything. The fair seems a bit of a better match. Is it just me or does this foundation not cover that well. I'm fairly light in BE, well i've never tried any other shade in the range and it seems to suit quite well.. but this Laura Geller doesn't seem to suit my skin. I think my skin tone is a bit in between the porcelain and the fair! The fair works ok when I use it lightly but I was hoping for more coverage! As for the face primer (spackle) I think it's ok but if I use it after my hope in a jar moisturiser (which I got in a philosophy tsv last year) there is a lot of tingling in my cheeks and they started to feel inflamed! The next day I tried a benefit moisturiser sample I have and I have no tingling sensation at all.

I didn't get the latest BE tsv because I have full size of all the products apart from the eye primer and new primer. I think primers work well but I can't tell any difference between any brand to be honest. The BE primer and the LG primer both work the same for me. I can't tell any difference.

It seems we are quite similar in colouring. I too ordered both porcelain and fair, I sent the porcelain back and kept the fair as it's a very good match.
I hope it helps if I tell you how I use my Laura Geller products?
I can't use the normal Spackle under make up as I don't think it works as well as the ethereal (maybe that's just me). I use the normal Spackle at night after my moisturiser so as not to waste it.
Day time - I now use Garnier BB cream in light which is a pretty good match to my skin tone. You can get free samples directly from Garnier if you google it. I let that settle on my skin and then only need a small amount of balance n brighten for a completely flawless finish that's not overdone.
I have to say I'm not over impressed with the waterproof eye spackle and will be sticking to Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion - or should I say it will be sticking to me :grin:

I'm still waiting for mine! Hermes never delivered it to my courier, just got stuck in their system, so am waiting for another one to be sent out, after filling in a declaration form to say I never received it. Seems strange that I had to do this as the tracking online said it was still with Hermes AND Qvc confirmed this when I rang them. Looks like some lucky wife of a Hermes worker has received my LG tsv as well as the invoice with my acc no AND address!

I'm still waiting for mine! Hermes never delivered it to my courier, just got stuck in their system, so am waiting for another one to be sent out, after filling in a declaration form to say I never received it. Seems strange that I had to do this as the tracking online said it was still with Hermes AND Qvc confirmed this when I rang them. Looks like some lucky wife of a Hermes worker has received my LG tsv as well as the invoice with my acc no AND address!

I had this problem with a Gatineau set I had ordered and tracking never left the Order Generated stage. Didn't think about my details being lost - eeeeeek!

@slinkycat. exactly the same combo for me. garnier bb in fair and lg in fair. at weekends just lg with a touch of blusher.

It seems we are quite similar in colouring. I too ordered both porcelain and fair, I sent the porcelain back and kept the fair as it's a very good match.
I hope it helps if I tell you how I use my Laura Geller products?
I can't use the normal Spackle under make up as I don't think it works as well as the ethereal (maybe that's just me). I use the normal Spackle at night after my moisturiser so as not to waste it.
Day time - I now use Garnier BB cream in light which is a pretty good match to my skin tone. You can get free samples directly from Garnier if you google it. I let that settle on my skin and then only need a small amount of balance n brighten for a completely flawless finish that's not overdone.
I have to say I'm not over impressed with the waterproof eye spackle and will be sticking to Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion - or should I say it will be sticking to me :grin:

Thanks Slinky cat! I've tried the garnier bb cream and really didn't like it.. nothing like proper bb creams. I have one from Asia that a friend sent me from Hong Kong.
The garnier light was really dark for me. I really like the concealer roll on though! I'm not overly impressed with the eye spackle either, especially not as a concealer under the eyes! I agree that UD and TF shadow insurance is much better.

I'm keeping the fair as it matches better and would be ok when i'm in a hurry.

If anyone is interested i'm selling one of my TSVs.. all the items are brand new and unused.. except for the Porcelain BnB that has been used only twice!
All the 6 items, including the bag! :up:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/belleforever :clapping:

Another thumbs up for BB creams from the Far East, the Garnier and others brought out by the large Western skin care companies are pants compared with the Missha BB I've been using for a couple of years.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back