LE porkies maybe?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is a very interesting topic!!

Have to say that LE C&P doesn't seem to clean my face as well as it used to. Will be looking to change once I've finished my latest tube.

C

I dyed my hair at lunchtime, just looked in the mirror and I have a chestnut streak welded down the side of my face. I reached for the C&P and the trusty muslin cloth, lots of hot water and a bit of scrubbing, it didn't remove a thing but when I dabbed a bit of Palmolive soap on it, it disappeared!:mysmilie_17:

i agree the new C&P formula is simply not effective. I no longer get the fresh, glowing complexion I used to, and I have had some huge spots! C&P now scares me. Luckily, I have discovered A'kin.

The recent LE TSV did not tempt me in the least! In fact, I was not even tempted to watch, whereas previously I was addicted to the shows.

Still like the exfoliater and brightening treatement, but that's it!

I spoke to my mother about this, she said she was only using C&P once a day now instead of twice because she felt it wasn't removing her make up as well as it used to. She now uses it just in the morning and uses (horror of AY horrors) make up removing face wipes at night! She said the same as a lot of folks, cocoa butter is a cheaper ingredient than almond oil and it probably has little to do with nut allergy sufferers.

I had an e-survey from them not long back about their Hand Repair, I think they're reformulating that too as apparently there have been some customer comments about it...

shock horror...I use a baby wipe every night on my face and the rest of the time just water.
I occasionally use some pond's cream and most people think I am 5-10 years younger than I really am (I'm pushing half a century lol) and my skin is fine.

Personally, I think all this face cream/cleanser etc etc etc is a load of over-rated nonsense designed to make people spend money....
Having said that, I've never trowelled my face in make-up either, if it takes longer than 5 minutes, it doesn't get done!

I received an e-mail from Alison Youngs beauty bible (?) from QVC today and allegedly a 49 year old e-mailed Ms Young claiming that after eons of use her C+P was causing breakouts Ali said that the formula had changed slightly etc.etc....................................ad nauseum...............................

but not to be too hasty in changing brands, sadly I hit the delete button instead of copying and pasting here, maybe some other kind FM can oblige?

I received an e-mail from Alison Youngs beauty bible (?) from QVC today and allegedly a 49 year old e-mailed Ms Young claiming that after eons of use her C+P was causing breakouts Ali said that the formula had changed slightly etc.etc....................................ad nauseum...............................

but not to be too hasty in changing brands, sadly I hit the delete button instead of copying and pasting here, maybe some other kind FM can oblige?

I did Jabba two pages back.:mysmilie_34:

Interesting thing I read this afternoon. I bought for myself Liz Earle's Skin Secrets book - the new one she's been selling on QVC, got it from Amazon for about £8 :wink: . Anyway, there is a section in it on oils etc - and what the benefits are for the skin, stuff like Rosehip, Neroli, Avocado and Argan etc. On one of the pages in this section there is a segment in a highlighted box about nut oils and nut allergies.

I don't have the piece to hand next time I have the book near me I'll type out the piece for you to read...If I am reading it right, she is insinuating that in a clinical trial carried out it was found that people who have nut allergies are not always allergic to nut oils because of the way they are refined and processed...therefore, if this is the case then the line about her removing Almond Oil from C&P because of nut allergy sufferers it utter carp, and it most probably IS down to cost and cocoa butter being cheaper etc....

I could be way off,but...

Latest posts

Back