Leighton Denny crystal nail file

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to use a M & S crystal file until I dropped and broke it. I replaced it with a Leighton Denny file and didn't find any difference between the two.

I love my crystal file and definitely feel that it helps my nails, although I always find at this time of year that they peel more than normal - probably because they're covered up in gloves all the time and don't get any sunlight. Well, that's my theory anyway!

I love the LD crystal file. It doesn't need a special technique and does the job perfectly. I used to have the two in a special wallet, which I loved, but I left it behind at a hotel. Of course, never seen again - did try ringing. Imagine finding that in a hotel room!
I had to buy another - nothing else would do. If I see people still using the normal files, I want to tell them about LDs.

Depends on the colour

I think the clear one is really good and so quick to file the nails down. On the other hand ....the black one is absolutely rubbish:doh:

Thank you so much everyone for your really helpful replies.
I've decided to send for one to try, Christmas present to myself.:happy:

I always think that my Leighton Denny nail file is the best product I never bought from QVC :wink:. I saw it on air several times but got it from Boots for £10, and I really rate it - I try and look after my nails with Apoplexy and shea butter as a barrier and despite almost continuous hand washing due to child caring and a bit of OCD my nails have never been better. They've even coped during recent potty training (too much information? :giggle:) I saw a woman looking at the file in Boots earlier this year and went up to her and excitedly extolled its virtues. I'm sure she thought I was quite mad but she bought it anyway!

I much prefer the OPI file to LD's, find his are ok for smoothing but not for heavy filing when my nails are far too long and need filing down a lot

I love my LD crystal nail file. My nails tended to crack and split until I used his file. Now my nails are strong and only split if I don't use my crystal file for a while.

I'm another lover of Leighton's crystal file - i've tried others some cheaper and some just about the same price - and have to say Leighton's wins handsdown. I use OPI Nail Envy and Avoplex oil and Nails inc Cavier top and base coat along with the crystal file and my nails are long and strong(i actually have to trim them at times) also i have started taking a calcium supplement - cant be sure but my nails seem stronger since starting them? but this maybe my imagination? I also think its important to treat our cuticles - keep them back(i use OPI cuticle care and Avoplex oil) and "feed" them with some sort of oil(as i have said i use OPI Avoplex oil). I use different brands of nail colour - QVC brands and high street and find them all good - i really believe in OPI Chip Skip for prolonging my manicure too.

Another convert to LD nail file. Previously spent a fortune trying every nail strengthen product.
Bought mine in Boots with my points:grin:

I got the crystal one by Nailoid years ago which has got a slightly pointy end which I like, don't think I would get on with the round end on the LD one.

I prefer any glass or crystal file to a traditional emery board - they are finer and seem to give a much better finish.

However, I don't think the LD crystal file is any better (or worse) than any other brand - in fact the Ruby and Millie one seemed to keep its sharpness (for want of a better word) longer than the LD one, so that would probably be my preference.

Nothing wrong with the LD one, but I wish he'd quit pretending he invented it (he didn't - glass and crystal files had been around for ages before his appeared).

Latest posts

Back