Leighton Denny TSV 16/3/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got mine and love the bag but the colours are a bit too pale for me. So if someone wants everything apart from the bag for 28.00 posted let me know.

If admin doesn't want this on this thread, please feel free to remove it.

I've got mine and love the bag but the colours are a bit too pale for me. So if someone wants everything apart from the bag for 28.00 posted let me know.

Ive sent you a message x

Woohoo at last mine is marked as shipped! My payment didn't go through as my debit card was replaced. I made two phone calls and changed my details online as it still hadn't been processed but apparently they have to do each item individually. I was worried they would end up telling me it had sold out and they hadn't reserved mine but at last today it is marked shipped. Looking forward to receiving this and having a play as my nails have been too poor health to paint but have just about recovered so it will be nice to wear a bit of colour again.

Thanks everyone my TSV has found a new home and sorry to those who missed out

Is it correct that the time (on Hermes tracking) that the parcel is delivered, is electronically generated at the time the parcel is scanned? Mine says parcel 'left at out building' at 17.51. I was home just after 17.30 and there was already a card through the door but no parcel where they said it was. How could the parcel be scanned at 17.51 if it was delivered before then?!? My LD Xmas parcel never arrived either and I'm worried Q are gonna think I'm lying about things not being delivered!

Is it correct that the time (on Hermes tracking) that the parcel is delivered, is electronically generated at the time the parcel is scanned? Mine says parcel 'left at out building' at 17.51. I was home just after 17.30 and there was already a card through the door but no parcel where they said it was. How could the parcel be scanned at 17.51 if it was delivered before then?!? My LD Xmas parcel never arrived either and I'm worried Q are gonna think I'm lying about things not being delivered!

The times stated are often later than when they have actually delivered as some of the delivery people don't mark them as delivered until after they have finished their round or some do it street by street, many don't do it after each house they have been too.

Have you checked the bin?
My courier says it's left in " outbuilding" when actually he's put it in the recycling bin!

The card through the door said blue bin but it wasn't there, I checked all 3 bins plus my neighbours too but nothing. :( Gutted! It also unsettles me to think that someone would watch a delivery then come and steal it, my neighbours (afaik) are all lovely, mostly retired and my street is tucked away with no through road, so I wouldn't think someone would be going up and down checking bins just in case. I was suspicious of the driver because of the time stamp thing but that might not be correct anyway. :( Guess I'll never know! Just hope it can be replaced as it's on waitlist and I also hope it doesn't affect the AD. Have to wait for a claim for though...

Not QVC stuff but I have Next things delivered by Hermes and occasionally he will give me the parcel and say that he will scan later in because the system is down. Probably not, but I hope this is of some help to you.

The card through the door said blue bin but it wasn't there, I checked all 3 bins plus my neighbours too but nothing. :( Gutted! It also unsettles me to think that someone would watch a delivery then come and steal it, my neighbours (afaik) are all lovely, mostly retired and my street is tucked away with no through road, so I wouldn't think someone would be going up and down checking bins just in case. I was suspicious of the driver because of the time stamp thing but that might not be correct anyway. :( Guess I'll never know! Just hope it can be replaced as it's on waitlist and I also hope it doesn't affect the AD. Have to wait for a claim for though...

Small comfort BB, but your auto-delivery drops won't be affected unless you actively cancel them. Sorry to hear about your 1st drop. There seems to be scope for Hermes couriers to mark a parcel "delivered to letter box" or to a porch etc without getting a signature. My old Hermes chap was excellent but always got a signature and wouldn't leave a parcel somewhere (except at a neighbour's house). If I wanted to refuse a delivery it was easy. The new chap always scans them as "delivered to letterbox" even though he usually hands them to me. He scans them in his van before he gets out which means if I want to refuse a package he has to go back for his scanner and reverse what he's already said. I think the other chap was covering his own back by always getting a signature. It bothers me that the new chap would leave a parcel on my doorstep (and it could get pinched) but his records would show "delivered to letter box" which might mean Q wouldn't refund or replace a lost item?

Years (15+) ago I had a few parcels stolen off the step and Q upgraded all my deliveries to "signed for" for Royal Mail and Hermes regardless of the value of the contents. It was a bit of a nuisance but was reassuring that nothing was left where it could be stolen (or taken by the bin men!). If anyone has trouble with their Hermes deliveries maybe QVC could insist on a signature for a trial period to see if this helps. It'll only cost QVC a little extra but they should be open to the suggestion if it saves them having to replace a stolen item. It seems to be the only thing Q can do when you have concerns about your deliveries.

Years (15+) ago I had a few parcels stolen off the step and Q upgraded all my deliveries to "signed for" for Royal Mail and Hermes regardless of the value of the contents. It was a bit of a nuisance but was reassuring that nothing was left where it could be stolen (or taken by the bin men!). If anyone has trouble with their Hermes deliveries maybe QVC could insist on a signature for a trial period to see if this helps. It'll only cost QVC a little extra but they should be open to the suggestion if it saves them having to replace a stolen item. It seems to be the only thing Q can do when you have concerns about your deliveries.

I would have agreed with you about insisting on a signature for all deliveries, but sadly my problem with Hermes at the moment (first time I've had problems in over 10 years) is the new local courier appears to be marking my deliveries "Signature from customer" when nothing has been delivered at all. That's what it says on the online tracking for two recent deliveries and on both occasions, I was here nearly all day, certainly a few hours either side of the times my signature is supposed to have been obtained. I'm looking forward to seeing a scan of this signature. Meanwhile, I just hope that QVC are investigating thoroughly as I do not want there to be any suspicion that I am lying.

My Hermes lady is great - I leave the porch door unlocked when expecting a delivery and she always leaves it in the post box.

However, a while back I had a male Hermes rep - left the door open, etc. The doorbell rang, so headed to the door only to find no-one there. Strange I thought as I had been quite nippy on my feet getting there. Anyway, there was a car parked over the road with the engine running, so knew someone was around. Anyway next thing is the man comes back from down the side of the house where he has left my parcel by a plant tub. I asked why he had not tried the porch door and he said he had but it was locked. I said no it wasn't, but he insisted it was. Knew he was trouble then! Thankfully he has not been back and my nice sensible lady has returned. I hate it when parcels go 'missing'. Luckily so far I haven't had one 'delivered' and gone missing, just lost in royal mail, but I can see how annoying that is. Hope you all get it sorted soon.

I have always had to sign for my hermes deliveries, since they became the main delivery agent for QVC.
My QVC hermes guy is great - after I had some problems with deliveries not happening - I had a chat with him and now my stuff gets held for delivery until the weekend. I found that was more effective than just calling the Q's customer services.
Hope you do get sorted out with a replacement item. It's a lovely set. Everything about it has a quality feel. It's my first LD purchase, although I've enjoyed watching his shows for a long time. I can't believe how fast he can paint the nails and do it so cleanly. If Nina's going to try and do that on her own hands, that will be quite some achievement.

Good idea to have an understanding with your local courier. I had the same guy for 2-3 years until the end of last year (he vanished about 10th December so his Christmas card and tip are still on the hall table!). He was great like some of the couriers you are describing and I could text him if I was going out when he was due so he could hold off on delivery.

Any road up ... my LD TSV arrived safely, that's the main thing. Love it!

Thanks for all the replies, I'm glad everyone is enjoying their TSVs! I've filled in the form that I just got and have emailed it back, so hopefully I'll get a replacement soon, although, looks like it's on waitlist now. :(
Fingers crossed it will be investigated as I don't want them to think I'm scamming!!! Xxx

Hope you get it, Baby bumblebee. I'm sure it will come back in stock and it'll be worth the wait.

I've been wearing the green polish since my set arrived and it's still looking pretty good, just a little wear at the edges but no chipping. I didn't use a top coat because I fully intended to test all the colours within a couple of days. Really impressed because some of Leighton's earlier "made for Q" colours haven't been his best. Glad I got it. In the bottle the pink TSV colour reminds me of Nails Inc's Bruton Street.

I've been wearing the green polish since my set arrived and it's still looking pretty good, just a little wear at the edges but no chipping. I didn't use a top coat because I fully intended to test all the colours within a couple of days. Really impressed because some of Leighton's earlier "made for Q" colours haven't been his best. Glad I got it. In the bottle the pink TSV colour reminds me of Nails Inc's Bruton Street.

I have found the same with some of the polishes LD makes especially for QVC. He seems to do a lot of shimmery/metallic ones for TSVs and these often just flake off on me as they are kind of "papery". Still loving his work though!!

The pink one in the TSV (Rosey Posey) is also very similar to Little Thief. It's just a touch lighter.

I hadn't thought of that, I love Little Thief, have one on the go and a spare because it's not easy to find* so I'll test the pink one next, thanks for the tip :mysmilie_59:

* except at full price

Latest posts

Back