Leighton Denny tsv 2/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know about the fire. it seems odd to me that an item l ordered which was sent a day later turned up today but still no LD TSv. Don't think it's worth calling Q until Wednesday at the earliest, if it still isn't here.

It's very odd. Can't understand why it's still stuck on order generated. Would make more sense if it said received at hub regarding the fire. Don't suppose they've taken more orders than stock? Though I ordered mine very early in the morning repeat at 7am.

I too am waiting for my LD TSV...I ordered it early morning on the 2nd and they shipped it out on the 2nd and sadly, it still says "order generated" I just hope they haven't lost it. I think we must be entitled to our p&p back though if it doesn't arrive today ( I know it won't) as they've missed their 3-5 working days.

I'm imagining my TSV being stuck at the bottom of a very large pile of QVC orders with later orders all piled on top lol

I finally got a replacement for the original TSV which never arrived, I had to phone and ask them to send it though. When I'd originally called, it was still OOS but I noticed it was in stock again and rang them. Just having a play and noticed my glitter is called 'Gold save the queen'. I'm so offended! ��

Can any LD experts please advise me which LD polish colours are suitable to use for a classic french manicure please? Thanks.:mysmilie_12:

Diamond Rose, Three Times A Lady, Barely There, Butterfly Wings, Sensual Glam, Sugar and Spice, all work as the "pink" colours (some of his other pale pinks aren't sheer enough). For the white: Natural White, or Pure White. QVC have a "Funky French" set in Clearance which has a silver tip - http://www.qvcuk.com/Leighton-Denny...l?sc=NVSTPLH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-34-_-205247

Thanks, I've ordered the funky french so will have the corrector but wanted to be able to do a classic french. I bought starkers today in M&S for the pink (what do you think?) but couldn't see a white shade. I may order from leightons website but may just wait a while. Really appreciate your reply!

Hi DD, I'd suggest just buying a white polish from the high street for a few quid and have a practise. I've never found much difference in cheap or premium white polishes for french tips - they do tend to go gloopy faster than other colours, maybe because they get less use than normal polishes. That funky french set is nice, with Diamond Diva as a full coverage silver sparkle and Angel Dust is pretty over any colour.

Hi DD, I'd suggest just buying a white polish from the high street for a few quid and have a practise. I've never found much difference in cheap or premium white polishes for french tips - they do tend to go gloopy faster than other colours, maybe because they get less use than normal polishes. That funky french set is nice, with Diamond Diva as a full coverage silver sparkle and Angel Dust is pretty over any colour.

Good Idea! Why didn't I think of that? It's been many years since I had a go at a French polish.

I'll try the local chemist tomorrow.

Thank you. ;)

Right this may not make any sense but there's an easier technique for painting the "smile lines" rather than moving the white varnish brush across the nail tip; place the brush on to the edge of the nail and roll the finger (on a flat surface) so the the nail sweeps across the brush rather than the brush moving across the nail (make any sense?). Even with the corrector set from Leighton if you can paint an almost perfect line it'll mean less faffing to correct it. :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back