L'Occitane TSV - 09/09/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aaaaah Vosene, I loved the original Vosene shampoo but you`re right, it doesn`t smell the same. In fact very few things seem to smell the same as they used to. I suppose a lot of the ingredients are now synthetics which are cheaper and easier to source. Sad really because smell evokes memories and so many of the comforting smells seem to have disappeared from toiletries.

Yes we"ve moved on and probably in years to come people will say oh do you remember the smell of Liz Earle face
stuff, or indeed the molton brown or loccitane, come to that, all the old smells will be gone.We didn"t think they
were good when they were here though :thinking:

l'occitane have some new bonne mere handwashes and bodywashes is honey it sounds sublime!

Crabtree & Evelyn are cruelty free and QVC used to sell their stuff. I got hand cream and handwashes and
thought they were very good, and good price IMO :thinking:

I like the handwash too but it's so expensive, especially when hubby uses two pumps. Git!! I have the Bayliss and Harding and find it ok. It's not as thick as L but it washes my hands and has a nice fragrance. As for shower gels I am still using from the stash I built up from Elemis and Philosophy. After that it will be good old M&S or Superdrug as I'm trying really had to boycott the animal testers. It's not easy though, have been though about 5 mascaras in a two week period and had to give in and buy my beloved Maybelline again. I'll just close my eyes so I can't think about it!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Capirossi, have you tried the eyeko range of mascaras. I got them on one of the many beauty days, and got the 3 different
types, long, skinny and fat, really cheap, they"re not tested and you can try them, and send back. The good thing is if you
don"t like them, they don"t cost much to send back. Better maybe than trying 5 different ones and putting away and losing the
money completely :thinking:

If you hanker for old fragrances lots of them are on cheapsmells.com. For as long as i remember my mum has only ever worn a fragrance called Pagan, which was originally by Lentheric. Now it's made by a company called Mayfair and I buy it for her on line. It's cheap as chips but she won't have anything else.

They have all the old classic men's fragrances from the 70' too. Denim, Blue Stratos etc. A few months ago I went Old Skool and ordered a bottle of Drakkar Noir after being inspired by michaela Yankee saying it was what midsummer night was based on. It was just as I remembered it.

I've just ordered a bottle of Quorum by Puig, another memory from the 80's. It's described as a "powerhouse" so stand back! It's fun to get these old fragrances, lots of memories and often nicer than stuff that's around today.

I could never resist a man wearing Jazz (god I must have been a busy girl in those days):drunk:

Does anyone else remember Revlon Flex shampoo - it smelt delicious! Brings back memories of summer lurrve......

And thank you BurlyBear for the info about cheapsmells.com - I've just looked and an old favourite, but difficult to find, perfume of mine is on there.

Last edited:
A lot of ingredients are now banned as allergens, I doubt Vosene had any natural ingredients in it. The sixties big on synthetics, only high end products like Channel used their own fields of jasmine and roses.

Crabtree & Evelyn are cruelty free and QVC used to sell their stuff. I got hand cream and handwashes and
thought they were very good, and good price IMO :thinking:

I was given three Crabtree & Evelyn handcreams for birthday. They're in "paint tubes" like L'Occitane and they're really good. I might take a look at their handwash. But I'm off to L'Occitane tomorrow to buy their footcream ... bunny or no bunny it is the absolute best for my hard skin prone hooves. Will I be tempted by the handwash ... erm, maybe.

Oooo Tinkerbell youve painted a delightful picture of your plates
I was given three Crabtree & Evelyn handcreams for birthday. They're in "paint tubes" like L'Occitane and they're really good. I might take a look at their handwash. But I'm off to L'Occitane tomorrow to buy their footcream ... bunny or no bunny it is the absolute best for my hard skin prone hooves. Will I be tempted by the handwash ... erm, maybe.

And apart from vosene wasn"t there Loxene shampoo ????

♫Hair with a shine and a shimmer and a sheen;
That’s the look — Loxene.
Health hair that’s clean as clean;
That’s the look — Loxene.
Ever seen a foam like this before?
Ever had your hair so clean before?
When the Loxene habit comes to stay,
You wash your dandruff clean away.
For hair with a shine and a shimmer and a glimmer and a sheen:
Look, Loxene!♫

Oooo Tinkerbell youve painted a delightful picture of your plates

I really don't like feet. My feet are OK but only because I don't let them get in a state. And L'Occitane footcream really cuts down on the hoof trimming required lol.

I keep my toenails painted all the time and I wear on each foot ... Index toe if there is such a toe. Don't think anyone else wears toe rings any more but I don't care.

We love the footcream too, it really does work!!

I,m really sad to hear that having smooth skin takes priority over the cruelty inflicted on a defenseless animal.

I,m really sad to hear that having smooth skin takes priority over the cruelty inflicted on a defenseless animal.

You don't mind several defenceless animals dying so you can posess several Lulu Guiness handbags though Spartacus... Hmmm?

Latest posts

Back