L'Occitane TSV 14/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s very disappointing for a Christmas TSV. The large hand cream is the only tempting thing in it. The tiny sizes are a joke & not everyone has time for soaks in baths. Most people I know mostly take showers. Not sure I’d be able to get out of a bath these days with my wonky hip!
We had our bath taken out, as we preferred showers and rarely used it, and replaced with a walk in shower.
Staying in a hotel in August, I decided to have a bath and was enjoying luxuriating in it. Until it was time to get out. It was then I remembered why I didn’t have baths. It takes too long trying to work out how to remove myself ....

I nearly dive in & order such TSVs now I step back and think about my usage of each item.In this only the Shea Hand & Body wash the rest I am not bothered about & certainly not a supersize of the hand cream.So no order & money saved for things I do want.I have done the same with the BareMinerals which I was looking forward to.If you want 75% of what is on offer OK otherwise ? Of course I am not looking at ‘gifting’!!! This is for Me!

love the bath milk sounds fab but the hand cream is not that moisturising imo thick but not long lasting on the hands. plus I dont want the other large hand wash either ...then your left with samples for the balance
Having raved about the hand cream, and I do love it, I have to say I can only use it at night because it is so thick. So I have to buy DHS ones (😱😱😱) for daytime use.

I only have a shower now because I tripped over the edge of the bath a couple of times and hurt myself, so decided on a change. Just as well as my chances of getting out of a bath now with a knackered ankle are pretty slight.

Well I'm not bothering. After being with QVC for 24 years+, I've just fell in love with L'Occitane, can't believe I didn't realise how good it was until now. I'd used the soap once, loved it, gifted it and other items to people on and off but never went for the handcream, that's what has turned my head. This TSV tho, it's useless to me, I don't use the bath, can't gift the bath item because I don't know who else would use it, the handsoap I have enough to last me a year of Locci and others. They and the handcream are the big value items but not worth buying the TSV even just for the handcream, 2 no's does not equal value to me. Considering I am a new user of Locci, I feel they have failed miserably to appeal to all, even with the value.
Are you signed up on their website? It's likely they will have some good offers for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, and if they aren't doing free p&p, the cost of it is for the whole order, and it will be packaged very nicely indeed

I rate Gatineau's Vitamina handcream over L'Occitane handcream, and though I love the foot cream, I've been really enjoying Margaret Dabbs' Foot Hygiene Cream, and the Cracked Heal Treatment. Both give real results for me.

Q need to bear in mind that all the padding they do to their various big beauty TSVs fools very few old timers...and it it does fool any old timers, that's their lookout.
Full size products, in smaller quantity would be more convincing for me.

We had our bath taken out, as we preferred showers and rarely used it, and replaced with a walk in shower.
Staying in a hotel in August, I decided to have a bath and was enjoying luxuriating in it. Until it was time to get out. It was then I remembered why I didn’t have baths. It takes too long trying to work out how to remove myself ....
I have a bath and a walk in shower. I never use the bath now for the reasons you have given so I only shower. I might have gone for the one with almond it it but didnt bother because of the bath soak thing as I wouldnt use it. I dont know anyone else who baths so I couldnt even give it as a gift. Alot of the tsv's are great value but only if you are going to use all the products.

I see quite a few people on alexis Facebook page saying how they had noticed the there now seems to be little to no scent in the liquid soaps anymore and that they didn't like the Brown bottles, she skirted around the scent thing everytime

I’m another one who had the bath taken out many years ago as I injured my leg getting in, and getting out was becoming difficult. Like many others we have a walk in shower and don’t miss the bath at all. I’ve tried a few l’Occitane products over the years but never bought from Q. I’m not a big fan of any of it and it seems to be getting more and more expensive.

I like the lavender bubble bath. Think it is the best lavender product I've ever used. But... Find the other lavender stuff very meh. Had a few things and the shower gel was yukky once and mild, no punch to it. I'd love a huge bubble bath but the other stuff is very "can leave it there".

I tried to watch the midnight show but found them talking too much, too fast and just tooooooo everything. I felt bombarded with a wall of words that I could hide from. Thank goodness for the change channel button. Tried again at the 3am but oh too much. Wanted something soft, easy listening, enjoyable. Did anyone else find it too much?

I did fancy the tin for the soap, but don't use bars of soap or cleansing bar or other fancy marketing name they give these things.

And I agree with a previous post about the tiny fillers. Waste of resources. A L'Occi fan might know the RRP of these but not necessarily the recipient of the gift. I put a few together as a gift and it was £20++ a few years ago. My Mother said it was a bit mean to give samples as a gift. She likes M&S Royal Jelly so that makes like easy. Post Christmas sale solves many a event giving issue.

(it's dreadful rainy here today so the grumpyness is high. Running down the windows earlier.)

I like the lavender bubble bath. Think it is the best lavender product I've ever used. But... Find the other lavender stuff very meh. Had a few things and the shower gel was yukky once and mild, no punch to it. I'd love a huge bubble bath but the other stuff is very "can leave it there".

I tried to watch the midnight show but found them talking too much, too fast and just tooooooo everything. I felt bombarded with a wall of words that I could hide from. Thank goodness for the change channel button. Tried again at the 3am but oh too much. Wanted something soft, easy listening, enjoyable. Did anyone else find it too much?

I did fancy the tin for the soap, but don't use bars of soap or cleansing bar or other fancy marketing name they give these things.

And I agree with a previous post about the tiny fillers. Waste of resources. A L'Occi fan might know the RRP of these but not necessarily the recipient of the gift. I put a few together as a gift and it was £20++ a few years ago. My Mother said it was a bit mean to give samples as a gift. She likes M&S Royal Jelly so that makes like easy. Post Christmas sale solves many a event giving issue.

(it's dreadful rainy here today so the grumpyness is high. Running down the windows earlier.)
I absolutely agree with your second paragraph! I couldn’t follow the presentation either. All I wanted was to see and hear what was in each set, as I wanted to order one for my granddaughters birthday, but just found it all too much, so I gave up. Luckily the contents of each set were listed on this thread, which was much more helpful!

I watched bits if a few shows yesterday and thought of a good shot game.

Drink every time Alexis said “you’re gonna get” and you would be paralytic! She said it before every single component, so five times in a five piece set, every run through. It drove me nuts.

I watched bits if a few shows yesterday and thought of a good shot game.

Drink every time Alexis said “you’re gonna get” and you would be paralytic! She said it before every single component, so five times in a five piece set, every run through. It drove me nuts.
What about ‘we sell a Shea butter hand cream every four seconds around the world ‘ you’d have alcoholic poisoning by lunch time!

I don't use Loccitane, but above posts saying things are now weaker than they used to be....cheaper to make probably, had me wondering what they are going to do to Elemis, now they have got there hands on it.

Latest posts

Back