Lulu Guiness sale already started....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh sod it - just bought the stone romilly at only 50% off. Can't see it going to 70% off so it's now or never!
Egged on by DD (18)
Did have to send a patent blue purse back to somewhere else cos it was scratched - so with my refund from my previous romilly (70% off that one boo hoo ) and the purse it hasn't cost me a penny! That's my logic!

You'd only have regretted it if you hadn't bought it.:nod: You're right, I can't see it coming down anymore, more like it may sell out so a wise decision.

To all you lovely people that have the LG Franka bag....

Has anyone got this in the black colour? I am getting confused as to what the lining should be like. Upon reading QVC reviews, people state that it has cream stripe lining, yet I have just bought one off the bay which has lipstick lining? getting slightly worried now that maybe mine could be a fake!!

Any info would be great, thanks

Hopefully yours is ok DMS! Thank you for raising it. I'll be keen to see what people reply with as it's something that hadn't crossed my mind but you're right, best to know the score. Just perhaps they changed the lining of that particular bag at some stage? May be worth calling the number on the Lulu web page, at least you'll have the facts & they'd be only too pleased to advise.

That is exactly what I am going to do tomorrow Nikki - I have the telephone number with me. Perhaps I am worrying over nothing or is it that LG do different lining for QVC stock? who knows. I am due to collect my bag from the seller tomorrow so wanted to know for definate as do not want to buy a fake especially at the prices they are

That is exactly what I am going to do tomorrow Nikki - I have the telephone number with me. Perhaps I am worrying over nothing or is it that LG do different lining for QVC stock? who knows. I am due to collect my bag from the seller tomorrow so wanted to know for definate as do not want to buy a fake especially at the prices they are
Very wise. Problem with opinion on it's own is that someone could have a different lining but like you say, that could be for a specific order so doesn't really give you 100% confirmation unless that person knows everything about the bags there is to know. Good luck Hun, hope it's the real thing!

My friend, Kat, has a red patent Franka. Definitely bought from QVC and definitely has the lipstick print lining. I've texted her to check. Bought new from QVC last year. I hope that helps.

I have the stone Franka and that has the striped lining I bought it from last summers LG online sale. I am not too sure but thought that normal LG bags have striped linings and ones made specially for qvc have red lips linings.

Hi,

my raspberry patent Franka also has the lipstick lining, and that was a TSV.

Actually, given that they were done as a TSV, it is entirely possible that the linings vary.

Cheers,
karen

I think I saw the same one on the Bay you have bought, I thought it looked the the genuine article, but you may want to check, I got a raspberry one from there and it also has the same lipstick lining,

Hope you like it as much as I like mine x

Thank you for all the replies, I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I have been reading through QVC reviews and some state from a year and more ago that their black bag had the lips lining so am wondering whether LG has updated the lining to the stripe one more recently. I am definately going to call LG direct in the morning and I will report back to you what they say

I hope all was OK DMS!
Ladies, I'm on the lookout for a Lulu Tallulah bag, hessitated about buying a black one on ebay this week GRRR! Wish I'd have gone dor it now but I didn't really know their value and let the other bidder get it for £222. Ideally I'd love the blue one. Anyone know if they come up for sale often? They were made in 2007 apparently so I doubt it but worth an ask I guess (It's the bonkers bag with a purse, mirror holder, lippy & comb case on the outside of the bag). Any advice welcome, ta ever so x.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've seen a few Tallulahs on the 'Bay over the last year or so, but there certainly aren't loads of them! I think I've seen 2 or 3 blue ones.

I have a couple of Penelopes (different shape, same year as tallulah, also "high couture"), and one thing I didnt realise until I got them home is the difference in the leathers. I have a brown penelope, and that is in a scotchgrain leather, while I also have a purple one, and it is in a much softer glove-type leather.

I would imagine the different colours of Tallulah are also possibly made of different leather types.

Cheers,
karen

Ok - have now spoken to LG direct and have been told that they did indeed do the 'Franka' with the lips design lining for a short while only (anniversary apparantly) so it seems ok although she did tell me to look out for all the LG embossed on different areas. Am supposed to be collecting it tomorrow night so will hopefully be enjoying it

Hi,

I've seen a few Tallulahs on the 'Bay over the last year or so, but there certainly aren't loads of them! I think I've seen 2 or 3 blue ones.

I have a couple of Penelopes (different shape, same year as tallulah, also "high couture"), and one thing I didnt realise until I got them home is the difference in the leathers. I have a brown penelope, and that is in a scotchgrain leather, while I also have a purple one, and it is in a much softer glove-type leather.

I would imagine the different colours of Tallulah are also possibly made of different leather types.

Cheers,
karen

Many thanks Karen, I will keep looking on Ebay. Prior to finding this forum I didn't even have a Lulu bag, now I'm stalking them, (the bags that is & getting them at the best prices, just read that back & realised it made me look like a bit of a nutter) lol!

I'll have a look at the pic blown up if I see one for sale to take a closer look at the leather. The black one deffo looked like the more hard wearing type as opposed to the glove type leather.

Last edited:
I was the same until I had a nose on this forum and now have collected 7 LG bags in a very short space of time and most have been bargains, ( although my other half would not agree with the word "bargains") I want to visit the Lulu shop when I go down to London in a few weeks time and have a look at the cobalt Nicola bag,might treat myself, as I have an upcoming birthday and you only live once !

Very true LBA! I have to say I do love the look of that cobalt blue new season colour. Like my mum says, "a shroud has no pockets". :wink::nod: May as well enjoy what you want now eh x.

Hi ladies,

Well, I have now just collected my LG Franka bag and it is gorgeous. Am sat looking at it right now lol....:happy: I had some bad news yesterday, so it is just what I need to cheer me up. Hubby cannot believe the prices on these bags though and cannot see what the fuss is all about (typical man). I think a nice LG purse would go nicely with it!

I'm really pleased for you DMS, it looked a bit shaky for you at one point - I hope you enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back