Lulu Guiness sale already started....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a pale pink pebble leather handbag that still looks virtually new but I did spray it with leather protector.

I've never thought to use a leather protector. God knows why!

I've got a couple of pale pink bags. A fab Ri2k bag that was a limited edition for Breast Cancer Care and a Jasper Conran Birkin style bag. I think I might have 8 or 9 pink bags.

Just wanted to say the Franka bags on Cocosa last week were amazing buys, well done if you got one! Just for future reference when Cocosa do another LG sale, QVC have got the same Franka bags on their site for £312 for the patent, (including black as was in the C sale), & the polka dot versions at £299! Cocosa's prices were £129 for the black patent & £99 for the polka dot cotton sateen with leather trim. I get the Cocosa daily deals info now so if I spot another Lulu one I will post immediately. :wink::mysmilie_14:

I always treat my Mulberry collection to a water protectant spray when I get them home initially.

I purchased a bespoke leather clutch bag in NYC in November and the designer who made it for me recommended I feed the leather evy few months with Burts Bees hand salve

http://www.burtsbees.co.uk/other/our-favorites/hand-salve.html

I have used this on all of my bags and it is indeed superb.

Anyone got any tips for caring for Lulu Guinness (and other brands) patent leather? I've just threatened Mr Akimbo with divorce for folding, yes FOLDING my LG Maddy under a pile of clothes to put away!

Jude xx

Anyone got any tips for caring for Lulu Guinness (and other brands) patent leather? I've just threatened Mr Akimbo with divorce for folding, yes FOLDING my LG Maddy under a pile of clothes to put away!

Jude xx

Aaargh! Start proceedings immediately for intolerable cruelty ... to you AND the bag!

I hate to admit I managed to snare the black patent and the blue spotty franka, mind you I was on Cocosa before 7am

My LG red lips Romilly has gone back. Cost £12.60 to return special delivery tracked and signed for. Weighing 1.4 KGS empty there was no way I would use it. Out of curiosity how much do other LG bags weigh?

I hate to admit I managed to snare the black patent and the blue spotty franka, mind you I was on Cocosa before 7am

Am quite envious that you got the Franka patent bag, well done, such a brilliant bargain. I got the red one only a few days before for £200 and thought that was good, I wished I had gone for it as I looked at the cocosa site early on in the morning and stupidly left trying to get one until it was too late and it had sold out, I wonder if it will appear on an "auction" site shortly, no doubt for a lot more, am going to have a look in the LG store next weekend as am in London and want to have a nose at the small cobalt blue Nicola, I must not be tempted!!

I always feel that handbags can get marked more when storing them than using them. I always pop them in a dust cover. I buy silk cushion covers from eBay or use the bags that come with. I only have one patent Lulu bag but I have a Betty Barclay and Furla patent bags. I clean/dust with micro fibre cloths and if there's a mark I use baby wipes ... the ones with baby lotion in and then buff with the micro fibre cloth.

Actually I use the baby wipes on everything. But do a patch test on the bottom of the bag first to be sure.

My LG red lips Romilly has gone back. Cost £12.60 to return special delivery tracked and signed for. Weighing 1.4 KGS empty there was no way I would use it. Out of curiosity how much do other LG bags weigh?
That is heavy indeed ILS. Sorry about the wasted time & expense too, I didn't realise it would cost that much to return! Did you use Royal Mail's special delivery? I bought 2 LG bags in her Jan sale & I personally found the red leather Romilly to be lighter than the black cameo flock Romilly, (I don't know by how much but there's a difference). Perhaps the leather bags are actually lighter? I'm a novice but it seems that way. You may find that her chain strap bags are a bit hefty too. I did when I tried them in the shop recently.

Q haven't got any of her beautiful cobalt blue leather bags when I looked last night. Letz if you get one of those, I'll be really happy for you, (jealous moi)??! lol x

Last edited:
I forgot to say ... do stuff your handbags with something before you put them away too. Particularly for floppy handbags that's a must. Even more structured ones benefit. Helps to keep the shape. I use anything I can get my mitts on. I use cardboard in more structured bags or old dvd covers. Tshirts or hand towels or pillow cases in softer rounder bags.

The Lulu Red Nose bags are in Sainsbury's if you're interested. They're obviously selling well. Quite heavy canvas with soft handles. All the designs are good and there's the Lulu logo on the back.

My preference, and the one I bought, is the Kooky Kat but I did buy the spot one as a gift for someone I work with and I'm sure she will love it.

They're a good size. Big enough to stand a 2 litre bottle of pop up in.

Hope anyone who wants one gets one.

Kooky the cat had already sold out in my local Sainsbury when I went at lunch time. Only Dolls eyes and the spots left. Some are now charging £23 on ebay

I got a kooky the cat bag for my daughter and a doll face one for myself this afternoon so I'm happy. I think it's sad that some people feel the need to cash in and buy these bags in bulk and sell them at a ridiculous profit on eBay! So greedy...:angry:

The £23 one on eBay has gone. I get someone's reported the seller.

I bought what I wanted and am happy with that. To be honest a fiver is about right. I don't think I would have paid much more than that and I absolutely would not pay £23!!

Latest posts

Back