Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV 02/09/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!
I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!
I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag!I don't need a bag! :mysmilie_50:

who am I kidding? :devil:

I noticed in TKMaxx today a red croc leather Lulu Guinness handbag. There was only one on the shelf and it was priced £199. I will admit I was a bit excited to see it as I wondered what the quality would be like. It did look well made and quite sturdy and if you were into handbags then maybe a bargain. If the name Lulu G hadn't of been on the bag I would not even have given it a second glance.

I've got a few LG bags. Most are occasional bags but my black Jenny bag has been an every day bag. Bought for the bargain price of just over £100. I have loved it but I honestly don't think I would pay full price. Its beautiful soft leather but because it is soft leather AND a boxy style it is showing quite a few signs of wear. Its still fine to use but has been relegated to the wardrobe for summer anyway. Especially given the arrival of my new yellow Marc Jacobs bag. For the same money I'd go for a Marc Jacobs in the sale over an LG at full price I've now decided.

I've also decided no more handbags this year. Ha!! Will I stick to it? Not if I go to Bicester Village I won't.

Blog about it here

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/lulu-guinness-special-offer-preview/

"Have you met Frances? This brand new design from the fantastic Lulu Guinness Spring/Summer 2016 collection is coming to QVC on the 2nd of September as a Today’s Special Value, and we think you’re going to love her."

"With five specially selected for QVC colours to choose from – ranging from neutrals in black and light grey, to bold pops of colour in Raspberry, Orange and Damson – the only decision you’ll have to make about this bag is which colour option to go for."

main bits ive picked out in bold

I like cross body bags, but that looks too soft leather. Once filled, the top corners will crush inwards with the weight of the contents and the bag will lose its shape.

The strap is also a bit too thin for that size of bag. Anything like a bottle of water, or packed lunch will drag the strap and cut into the shoulder. It would need a folder, tablet or laptop inside to keep it square. The handle isn't long enough to go up to my shoulder over a winter coat.

The purple looks interesting, but i have a beautiful black cherry LG already, so wouldn't go for something so similar, and the other colours don't appeal...

I am safe. :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
That bag really doesn't look like a LG bag - it doesn't have a quality look about it at all.

I agree with you maymorganlondon, I think it has the look of a Michael Kors bag. My money is safe as it looks like it is a work/day bag & I've got enough of those, love the colours though.

Nice looking bag, looks similar in size and shape to the Daphne which is £400, so I reckon it'll be £300-400 TSV price.

I think the photo there isn't doing them justice (what a surprise, when are Q's photographs of products ever any good?)

I was after an evening size bag really so I don't think I'll go for it, may be tempted when I see it on telly though!

If you look at the picture - the leather on one side of the purple bag seems to be a pebble leather, whereas the leather on the other side and the other bags looks smooth.

I don't know if this is normal, but I doubt I would want to pay a significant sum for a bag that looks to me like it's not been made properly.

I do agree, though, that the colours are lovely - much more appealing than the Kipling colour range.

I wish they would all stop designing bags with optional shoulder straps so that if you use it as a shoulder bag, the grab handles hang down untidily. Make it either as a handbag or a shoulder bag or just lengthen the strap of the handbag so you can use it as both, but don't have something just limply and uselessly hanging down.

It's obviously so it'll sell to people who like shoulder bags as well as to people who like handbags, but it just cheapens it in my view.

I'd take this as a possible sign that we'll be offered easypays on the day, fingers crossed. Did I mention that I don't need a bag?

Latest posts

Back