Lulu Guinness tonight...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Haircalf is precisely what it implies. The hair side of th skin of a calf, or a cow. It's the same as ponyskin ... that's usually cow or calf too and not pony.

It's not for me I have to say. I'm not anti leather ... clearly.

Nor me Tinks, very 60s/70s I always think & I just can't get past that! (And there was so much tackier than a tacky thing 'ponyskin' as well, I now feel the same way about 'haircalf' as one does about eating something that on a previous occasion gave you a severe gut rot....even though you know it'll almost certainly be OK this time, you still can't face the thought of it....! lol)

I was so tempted by the smaller Eva that was the TSV a while back, in the midnight leather. One of the few QVC-only TSVs that seems to have mostly positive reviews. But the thought that I can get a nice Lulu bag for 70% in the Christmas sale held me back, I just can't justify paying full price.

Ooo Caipirossi if you look on luluguinnes.com and go onto the blog for 5th July you can see the Cruise 12 collection. Which includes that baby spotted Eva. Due in stores from October it says. Some of the collection are already on her website.

Thanks Tink! Yeah I spotted it ages ago and posted about the polka dot bags on one of the mammoth threads (also fancied the black and white Fifi)!! I knew it was the Cruise collection but am just annoyed the have it on show when they are unable to sell it/have it in stock. Grr!!!! I don't know why but I am in the mood for a new Lulu. Must. Wait. For. The. Sale!!!! Argh!!

Am off to dye my hair instead. Red or dark brown?! Hmm....lol :rolleyes:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Oh Capirossi, red or dark brown is the eternal question :D I've been a fake red-head for about 15 years and thought about going back to my natural dark brown for my wedding - and got so bored with it I went straight back to being a ginger. Still not sure it was the right choice, it'd be nice not to have to worry about roots and chemicals.... Totally off-topic but true!

Haha!!! Well I am naturally very very dark brown. However, over the years the build up turned me almost black (my hair I should say!!!) so earlier this year I found a fab colourist who took me down to a warm, mid brown. However, I cut my hair the other night (myself!!) from past my shoulders to a choppy chin length bob. The colour now looks flat. Hubby has always wanted me to go red. I was thinking of going a shade darker im the brown, nice and shiny and warm. But....I am very tempted by the red!

How did you find the upkeep?! Love red hair, but it's got to be ruby or mahogany to suit my skin as it's quite yellow!!

Hair is a nightmare isn't it?! At 39 shouldn't I be sporting a nice, shiny dark bob rather than a red one? Hmm....

So are you happy with your colour at the mo?!

I love henna but it is a mess, you need to set aside a whole afternoon for it and the result is unpredictable, but oh the things it does for your hair's condition.... I'm quite happy with my hair at the moment, I used one of those foam colours and find they can be a bit drying.

I didn't get on with the foam either. Well, just showed hubby the two boxes and he chose the chocolate straight away!!! So, shiny brown it is!! (I may still take a peek at the Lulu bags later!)

Gawd I HATE dying my own hair. What a ****** messy job that is! I'm naturally a dark dark brunette but now I need it dyed it's hard to get that colour so I go a shade or two lighter to a dark chocolate. I don't like red in my hair at all, it doesn't work with my skin tone at all. So I'm envious of those that can go red.

Back on topic. I'm a bit slow off the mark Caipirossi. Duh! As they don't have the lil Eva on LG at all, could that be the next QVC TSV??

The lil Eva is still on easy pay today if anyone is dithering. I ordered it in the pink yesterday.

I used to dye my own hair for years but with the build up it got darker and darker. So I now have a mobile hairdresser who comes and does it for me. Using foils she uses three colours a red, blond and dark brown so it makes it a nice mix of the colours it was naturally. Without the grey

Gawd I HATE dying my own hair. What a ****** messy job that is! I'm naturally a dark dark brunette but now I need it dyed it's hard to get that colour so I go a shade or two lighter to a dark chocolate. I don't like red in my hair at all, it doesn't work with my skin tone at all. So I'm envious of those that can go red.

Back on topic. I'm a bit slow off the mark Caipirossi. Duh! As they don't have the lil Eva on LG at all, could that be the next QVC TSV??

The lil Eva is still on easy pay today if anyone is dithering. I ordered it in the pink yesterday.

Oh Tink, I've probably confused myself and you into the bargain, ha ha!! I am sure I saw the large Eva in the spots and a few others, the Fifi being one. I don't recall seeing the small one specifically, I just assumed as polka dots were in the new collection and also in a large Eva that the small one would be an option too. I can't see them doing the same bag as a TSV though. Unless it is just a made for us lot special! Ah you went for it!! I'm going to see what's still on ep. Am sure I don't want anything though :rolleyes:

I used to dye my own hair for years but with the build up it got darker and darker. So I now have a mobile hairdresser who comes and does it for me. Using foils she uses three colours a red, blond and dark brown so it makes it a nice mix of the colours it was naturally. Without the grey

That sounds lovely Rosey!! I hate doing my own too but am a bit loathe to pay my hairdresser to do an all over colour. When I was going lighter and having foils she was worth every penny! I may leave it until tomorrow now as I haven't cleaned up from dinner yet and I want to get online!

I had a Cath Kidston xmas brochure through the post today and really fancy the charcoal spot laptop bag. I'm amazed Lulu hasn't gone down this road yet, considering her first design was a briefcase....

The lil spotted Eva is definitely in the first photo on that blog. It looks really cute. I think the lips clasp is red.

Haircalf is precisely what it implies. The hair side of th skin of a calf, or a cow. It's the same as ponyskin ... that's usually cow or calf too and not pony.

It's not for me I have to say. I'm not anti leather ... clearly.

It somehow puts me off as well, Tinkerbelle it shouts the fact what it is :sad: I don't eat veal either. I don't eat venison or rabbit..........venison because I like Bambi and rabbits because I had seen rabbits hung at the butcher's and they looked so much like babies and of course I read Watership Down ( I know I am funny:blush: )The calf skin will be like stroking the calf.
I am not anti- leather and I eat meat, so before anyone else says anything, that I am being a hypocritic or anything, I have admitted that I am quite mixed up in these things.

I didn't get on with the foam either. Well, just showed hubby the two boxes and he chose the chocolate straight away!!! So, shiny brown it is!! (I may still take a peek at the Lulu bags later!)

Julia Roberts once had a hair colour that was a warm brown and it looked very shiny and healthy.

Oh Capirossi, red or dark brown is the eternal question :D I've been a fake red-head for about 15 years and thought about going back to my natural dark brown for my wedding - and got so bored with it I went straight back to being a ginger. Still not sure it was the right choice, it'd be nice not to have to worry about roots and chemicals.... Totally off-topic but true!
When are you getting married, craftology, my best wishes:bear:

Girls - I have loads of Lulu stuff on my watch list on the bay!! Not one but two grey and black polka dot Franka's, and a red patent large Wanda - both ex TSV's and on my most coveted list for ages!!! And a black and white tartan Wanda - super cute!

I think that's my problem, the new range isn't really doing it for me. Too many lips!!

Waiting with baited breath now to see how much these go up by. I may get a Sparkle coin purse for £30 though. I still haven't found a purse small enough for gold stud Annabelle!!

Ooh ctd - I know the colour you mean and I think it's very similar! Here's hoping as I really liked that on her.

Girls - I have loads of Lulu stuff on my watch list on the bay!! Not one but two grey and black polka dot Franka's, and a red patent large Wanda - both ex TSV's and on my most coveted list for ages!!! And a black and white tartan Wanda - super cute!

I think that's my problem, the new range isn't really doing it for me. Too many lips!!

Waiting with baited breath now to see how much these go up by. I may get a Sparkle coin purse for £30 though. I still haven't found a purse small enough for gold stud Annabelle!!

Ooh ctd - I know the colour you mean and I think it's very similar! Here's hoping as I really liked that on her.

Capirossi, i have the sparkle purse, wouldn't i though, he he , and i just found in my stash the purse that sort of has a bow on front, and is nearly a clutch size. I was using the sparkle purse alll the time, and have empied it now to give a clean, i love it. I like some of her old stuff, but i wouldn't pay full prices ever, after seeing the sale. Never ever

I once tried to go back to warm brown (that colour Andy McDowell advertises) and instead of brown I ended up with that shade they call 'black cherry'. O_O

caretodiffer, thanks for the warm wishes - the big day with the poofy dress and party is on the 22nd of June in Germany, with all the rellies and a soppy ceremony. But because of German law there has to be a registrar's wedding first, and we're doing that here in NI earlier in the year; the paperwork required to do that in Germany was insanity whereas we just went in with ID and birth certificate and that was us signed up.

OH caught me looking at the Eva and reminded me of my vow to wait for the Christmas sales, so I reluctantly closed that window. Quite right, too (for perspective, my wedding dress cost only £20 more than that bag - I would argue that I was such a good little bargain hunter I deserve that handbag now *g*).

I still have not bought anything from Ebay yet, but I do browse every few days, the last time I looked there weren't anything much I fancied, but this evening I saw a polka grey and black Suzy, and I thought of you, Capirossi, I think you have that, do you?
I have not seen this bag in her collection before:
$T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJvfBQeYsgMoCQ~~60_57.JPG

There is a cherry doll face bag that looks appealing. There is a large Jenny in cherry red that looks so lovely.

I saw a girl with one of this luggage in Manchester airport and it oozed class!
mdDtcxG_yi_G4npCjcGR1FQ.jpg

I once tried to go back to warm brown (that colour Andy McDowell advertises) and instead of brown I ended up with that shade they call 'black cherry'. O_O

caretodiffer, thanks for the warm wishes - the big day with the poofy dress and party is on the 22nd of June in Germany, with all the rellies and a soppy ceremony. But because of German law there has to be a registrar's wedding first, and we're doing that here in NI earlier in the year; the paperwork required to do that in Germany was insanity whereas we just went in with ID and birth certificate and that was us signed up.

OH caught me looking at the Eva and reminded me of my vow to wait for the Christmas sales, so I reluctantly closed that window. Quite right, too (for perspective, my wedding dress cost only £20 more than that bag - I would argue that I was such a good little bargain hunter I deserve that handbag now *g*).

:happy: the last sentence made me chuckle!! Your wedding is just about 7 months away.......I am sure it will be a glorious day:bear:

That black bag is an old one. You can tell by the lilac dustbag. As for the luggage, I really wanted to like it but it freaks me out!!! I saw that Suzy too, it's lovely. I don't have it :( but have been wanting the black and grey dot Franka. They're both brand new though and I think they'll go for quite a bit. I want them all!! Barbs I love that sparkly purse!! I want it before my first xmas night out at the end of Nov. So I think it may find itself in my basket somehow....hehe!! The tartan Wanda is different too and I fancied that when it was current. Maybe I should go for that? It all depends on how much they increase by though. Some people are mega greedy and I know they won't get even their starting bid!! I'm that sad I know that :eek: ha ha!

Oh Craftology, well done for resisting! Good luck for the wedding too :D

Latest posts

Back