Lulu Guinness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find the same, there are racks of bags but the odd one that catches my eye is too battered to consider buying.

Have to say dont like LG bags at all :( but i have seen many in Tk Maxx, they all looked in good condition to me , it surprises me that if these bags are so desirable why are they in Tk maxx in the first place

So many brands get slagged off for appearing in Tk Maxx

Have to say dont like LG bags at all :( but i have seen many in Tk Maxx, they all looked in good condition to me , it surprises me that if these bags are so desirable why are they in Tk maxx in the first place

So many brands get slagged off for appearing in Tk Maxx

thankfully everyone has different tastes, or the world would be a very boring place :mysmilie_59: my local TK Maxx hasn't ever had LG though - but then thats probably a good thing as I'd be tempted to buy it if they did lol

thankfully everyone has different tastes, or the world would be a very boring place :mysmilie_59: my local TK Maxx hasn't ever had LG though - but then thats probably a good thing as I'd be tempted to buy it if they did lol

Aww you should visit differnt Tk Maxx stores , plenty have them , wont be good for your bank balance though :mysmilie_59:

Are maybe the Lulu Guinness bags in TK Maxx the cheaper range she makes, called 'Lulu'? I think I read somewhere that her lower quality and price bag range are big in the US? The bags QVC sell are from her Collectables range which is the higher priced ones. I quite like all of her bags. I just can't justify the expense to myself. Maybe one day :)

Are maybe the Lulu Guinness bags in TK Maxx the cheaper range she makes, called 'Lulu'? I think I read somewhere that her lower quality and price bag range are big in the US? The bags QVC sell are from her Collectables range which is the higher priced ones. I quite like all of her bags. I just can't justify the expense to myself. Maybe one day :)

I was thinking the same. The Lulu range is also available in Ireland I believe, sure JC Penneys used to stock them. I can't see a £400 bag ending up in tkm somehow. However, I may be wrong! I dislike the shop anyway. Too jumble sale for my liking. I don't have the patience to root through stuff. Same with sales. Thank god for internet shopping I say!

Mink Jenny arrived and she's perfect! In terms of colour, the best Lulu bag I own! I have noticed that the handles are shorter than my older quilted lips Jenny's though. Oh and it was obviously a return, but no teabag! The tissue paper was bunched up and sellotaped directly onto the handles - can you believe it?! Luckily it didn't harm it. Am really, really happy with it and am chuffed to at last own a brown/grey Lulu bag!

My hairdresser was telling me yesterday that she had gone to Biscester and had thought of me as soon as she saw the LG shop! I am considering a trip there one day. I much prefer her older range, from maybe 3 seasons ago backwards - does the old season stuff appear in the shop? Are they battered and bruised or acceptable?

Mink Jenny arrived and she's perfect! In terms of colour, the best Lulu bag I own! I have noticed that the handles are shorter than my older quilted lips Jenny's though. Oh and it was obviously a return, but no teabag! The tissue paper was bunched up and sellotaped directly onto the handles - can you believe it?! Luckily it didn't harm it. Am really, really happy with it and am chuffed to at last own a brown/grey Lulu bag!

My hairdresser was telling me yesterday that she had gone to Biscester and had thought of me as soon as she saw the LG shop! I am considering a trip there one day. I much prefer her older range, from maybe 3 seasons ago backwards - does the old season stuff appear in the shop? Are they battered and bruised or acceptable?

I visited the bicester shop in May and everything looked brand new. They had the Franka, and the sunglasses Wanda

Really glad you eventually got your LG Mink Jenny bag :bandit: :sun:

Glad you love your new bag, I do like the Jenny, I wish I had known the Franka bag was at Bicester, I would have paid it a visit, I have only seen the pop up shop there, and that had quite a small selectiom, but they were all in good condition and not battered at all, might have to go again :mysmilie_59:

I bought the Jenny bag from Bicester in the black nappa leather back in the summer. I can't be 100% sure now of the price but it was around £110. I assumed you would have to buy the ones on display so I chose mine carefully only for the shop assistant to go and get a new one. She checked it thoroughly. All the zip pulls were covered in tissue paper and it had been in a sealed bag when she brought it out. Its one of the newer ones with the leather label. Its a beautiful bag and a third of the price of QVC ... well almost.

They definitely had the Franka and the Wanda. And the flock PollyAnna. When I went they mainly had bags in black and red. They had some of the patterned bags too but they're not my thing so I don't remember which ones. I do think the bags were "last season" in terms of colours and leathers but they change so frequently that its hardly an issue for me.

I love my bag. I've got a couple of other LG bags but this is very definitely the most practical, every day bag.

I'll take my chances on Bicester rather than paying full price again. If all else fails there's also Michael Kors and Furla to spend my money on at Bicester.

I try not to buy leather, for obvious reasons, if I can help it but I can, to a certain extent, understand why LG bags may cost a premium, i.e. different hides, etc. £90 for a little purse to keep make up in, and £46 for a 'throwaway' shopping bag - of course, one wouldn't bin it, I used the word to mean one would use it rather than pay for a carrier in the shop, then toss it (Julia, not all shops charge for basic carriers. I use my bags to line the kitchen bin - waste not, want not!) - is way over the top. Lulu is using her name and "OBE" status to sell the range. Some people still believe they are getting something special, because it has been designed by such a 'celebrity.' Final rant, her scripted monologue : what I like about QVC, by me Lulu Guinness : yes, we get her philosophy, her bags, but NOT her - very often.

I try not to buy leather, for obvious reasons, if I can help it but I can, to a certain extent, understand why LG bags may cost a premium, i.e. different hides, etc. £90 for a little purse to keep make up in, and £46 for a 'throwaway' shopping bag - of course, one wouldn't bin it, I used the word to mean one would use it rather than pay for a carrier in the shop, then toss it (Julia, not all shops charge for basic carriers. I use my bags to line the kitchen bin - waste not, want not!) - is way over the top. Lulu is using her name and "OBE" status to sell the range. Some people still believe they are getting something special, because it has been designed by such a 'celebrity.' Final rant, her scripted monologue : what I like about QVC, by me Lulu Guinness : yes, we get her philosophy, her bags, but NOT her - very often.

Lulu did say that the reason that she's not on every show is to enable QVC to have more of her shows on air. She'd love to be on everyone but as you can imagine with her lifestyle she's always travelling here and there and has parties and drinks to go to, its not what you know its who you know and where you're seen.
I love LG and have dozens of her items, I have the more expensive items and the "throwaway" bags you mentioned, love them and use them all, each to their own.

Some people still believe they are getting something special, because it has been designed by such a 'celebrity.' QUOTE]

I beg to differ. Some people think they are getting something special (and, inevitably are) as they are so well designed and made. I don't buy into 'celebrity' and bought my first Lulu bag from Q long before I saw the woman herself and knew anything about her. If I was to buy a bag to impress other people I would go for a better known designer that everyone had heard of. I have shoppers and small accessories too, as I like her style and her materials.

Boring show today. Was there any need to spend 10 minutes+ on the Paula? Obviously desperate to get rid of them!! I do like the dusty blue Amelia though. I have the black and it's so much nicer than the non-Q Amelia, which is less structured and doesn't have the same security.

Some people still believe they are getting something special, because it has been designed by such a 'celebrity.' QUOTE]

I beg to differ. Some people think they are getting something special (and, inevitably are) as they are so well designed and made. I don't buy into 'celebrity' and bought my first Lulu bag from Q long before I saw the woman herself and knew anything about her. If I was to buy a bag to impress other people I would go for a better known designer that everyone had heard of. I have shoppers and small accessories too, as I like her style and her materials.

Boring show today. Was there any need to spend 10 minutes+ on the Paula? Obviously desperate to get rid of them!! I do like the dusty blue Amelia though. I have the black and it's so much nicer than the non-Q Amelia, which is less structured and doesn't have the same security.

ILulu is using her name and "OBE" status to sell the range. Some people still believe they are getting something special, because it has been designed by such a 'celebrity.'

I have to disagree too. She's been designing bags and accessories for years, long before she got her OBE! She is a trained designer who has worked for years in the business, she has become successful, and therefore famous, because of the quality of her work and brand, not because of some c-list celeb name supposedly designing a range of fashion/jewellery etc (see Lisa Snowdon et al).

Yes it was a rather uninspiring show wasn't it? Shame because I think Julia is one of the better presenters to do LG shows, I don't know what it is but she pitches it just right, doesn't spend ages gushing etc.

The Amelia is a beautiful design but the openness of it really puts me off, I like my whole bag to have a zip closure to feel secure.

Latest posts

Back