Miceal Taking A Year Off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He had some bad things happen all on top of each other. He had health problems, his brother died, his home was ruined, and he had a minefield to cross sorting out the insurance. I think he was having to live in a hotel. Also his beloved mother was seriously ill, I wonder if anything has happened to her, and that would have been the straw that broke the camels back. I hope he is able to get the help that is needed. Although he irritated me as a presenter, he seemed to be a lovely and popular man.

I am sorry to read this, he seem to have been through the mill poor guy. Hope he has family/friends to lean on. I do hope he will come back, and have all his troubles behind him.

Thanks, it was the English spelling that fooled me, even though it is actually pronounced something like Meehaw.
Pronounced MeeHal. We have a fruit shop near me, and it has Micheal on the sign but the own is said as MeeHal by the staff and himself.

We have duel street names in many places in Belfast in Dublin they still have the English name as well as the Irish names.

In Northern Ireland, we have a laugh at the way on news how the English say place names. Creagagh estate, just across from me gets Craigah whereas locals say Craigey. That is where George Best was born.

I won't even go near how we say Ahoghill. Just think you are trying to get something up from the back of your throat. :p

I used to speak to Irish clients at work and I could never spell their names if they were traditional Irish.

Pronounced MeeHal. We have a fruit shop near me, and it has Micheal on the sign but the own is said as MeeHal by the staff and himself.

We have duel street names in many places in Belfast in Dublin they still have the English name as well as the Irish names.

In Northern Ireland, we have a laugh at the way on news how the English say place names. Creagagh estate, just across from me gets Craigah whereas locals say Craigey. That is where George Best was born.

I won't even go near how we say Ahoghill. Just think you are trying to get something up from the back of your throat. :p
Also, I thought the topic may have been about Micheal Perry

Good look to him.

On the subject of Irish mispronounced names..my late wife usually insisted that every dog we owned had an Irish name. Seamus, our 15 year old Chihuahua being a case in point. I've given up now even correcting vets. receptionists on the fact his name isn't 'Seamouse'. One of them even had the front to tell me I'd spelt his name wrong and it should be Shaymouse..

I hate getting asked directions by tourists!

A family of Indian tourists wanted to find the town hall. Now, before the city was built, we had a town hall building red brick early Victorian building. I asked, do you mean the city hall? Yes. See that large white building across the road, that is it. The old town hall is quite a bit away.

An English tourist wanted the river Lagan, simple lag an. I have no idea how he thought it was pronounced, but he was way off. I was totally confused, then he said he was looking for the fish statue. There is a large coloured fish statue, so I knew finally what he wanted. Okay, walk down this street, cross the road and there is it.

My worse, a man with a really heavy Glasgow accent. Yes, I was sitting at the bus stop with two pensioners, and he came over, and I swear it was like a foreign language. Now my granny was from Glasgow must have been the posh bit, as she was politely spoken. This man I could make out every other word he was saying, but the pensioners no idea. Turns out he wanted an ATM, pointed him to one.

My dad was from Dover in Kent and when I was a child my granny could not understand him at all! I am not joking, she used to say to me, What did he say? My dad spoke clearly.

Latest posts

Back