Micheal Perry's Garden TSV 10/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looking at the plants this morning and wow, the prices!! I know some of the pots are a bigger size but even so. They had on 3 young plants for £9.99 plus £4 postage - that's not cheap, even on easy pay it's not a good deal. I just bought 12 fuschias from IW for £10.00 and free postage. Had them last year and they were gorgeous. Can't see me buying much from QVC garden this Easter.

CC

I can't remember buying any Plants from QVC apart from a few special treats bedding on QVC is not worth buying unless your desperate

I haven’t been able to get potting compost or plants at all so had to bit the bullet and order from Q this morning. Prices eye watering but then I’m saving a fortune on coffee and lunch out so it offsets the difference from what I would have paid. We have 5 yes 5 very large manholes in our garden so there is very little actual ground available and that is taken up with shrubs so all of my seasonal gardening is in pots and they just eat the compost.

Problem with a lot of plants purchased on line is that they need potting on which needs small pots and cold frames which we don’t have. I tried plug plants last year but had very little success and the bliddy trays were everywhere and I was putting them out and bringing them in daily as they were sent out far too early. I would rather buy much later from a garden centre but that ain’t going to happen. Still let’s see what happens

Gosh its not good atm but here's hoping...not short of compost for hanging baskets bought stuff earlier the usual and thankfully some shrubs form B&Q and Homebase I miss them dearly!

Plants are being delivered in a bit of a sorry state from shopping channels. My last lot were despatched OK but had spent over a week at royal mail and were trashed and broken when they arrived as well as dry as a bone. Maybe not the best time to be buying mail order as they're not being given priority and why should they really if there's other more urgent things to deliver. I'm applying for quite a few refunds.

CC

Plants are being delivered in a bit of a sorry state from shopping channels. My last lot were despatched OK but had spent over a week at royal mail and were trashed and broken when they arrived as well as dry as a bone. Maybe not the best time to be buying mail order as they're not being given priority and why should they really if there's other more urgent things to deliver. I'm applying for quite a few refunds.

CC
I have had a few deliveries from Thompson and Morgan(Direct), they have only taken a day or so longer than normal from dispatch.

if they take a couple of days to arrive and are well watered and packaged on despatch then they will be ok but delayed arrival is the final straw for small plants

better off looking for some seeds in your home and trying with them

got some and some trailing mini petunias, training verbena and upright and trailing geraniums quite happy from Lidl have a few old seeds germinating so very happy all up to date

I have had a few deliveries from Thompson and Morgan(Direct), they have only taken a day or so longer than normal from dispatch.
I'm in the sticks so things are taking ages to get to me, even regular mail is taking a long time. I posted a box of seeds/seed potatoes to my mum first class over a week ago and they haven't arrived. Could have been nabbed en route I suppose. I've been waiting on tomato plug plants from T&M for over 10 days, they no doubt won't survive so not ordering anything else. Some of my seeds are coming along nicely but it's mostly the veg that are doing OK as I'm not doing as well with the flower seeds.

CC

Also thing is these advanced orders for plug plants means some of them are not coming until june and RJ is saying put them in small pots for a few weeks apart from not possibly having the room for that i want my plants in by then and also who knows where people will be financially by then they are going to get a fright when credit card accounts come through but i suppose we are doing things we dont normally do in these crazy times

Hi all

Just got off the phone from QVC CS. I ordered the TSV on 10/4/2020 it’s has now been nearly a month and no plants have arrived. This was on a direct dispatch and did leave up to the 14th day, this wasn’t an advanced order. They took the money out of my account on the 10th too!

I have just called them and they have stated they’ve had a number of issues with this collection. I have to now wait for a postal deceleration form and send that back. What’s going on QVC when you know you’ve had an issue? This should just be refunded to my account surely? I saw on BBC Watchdog yesterday how we do need to leave time and expect delays but some companies are using this against our good nature. I think a month is enough time!

I thought I would share this post incase anyone else had ordered them and you haven’t received them yet. Perhaps you need to give CS a call. I just don’t understand why they haven’t communicated this to me via an email/letter and the fact I now have to wait for a letter and send that back for a refund. Poor CS today!
I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar problems.

Someone is asking this morning whether her Whitman Pinks should have arrived by now as they were ordered on 10th April. I don’t have a FB account and just read the QVC page as a guest, but if I did have one I’d let her know that mine arrived well over a week ago.

A lot of customers received damaged ones because of the way the couriers had flung them about (despite “This way up” being printed on the box.) Mine were okay and are doing well, but it looks as though there will be another customer waiting for a non-receipt letter and a pathetically long time for her refund. 😳

There is a new post regarding T&M plants received. TBH I didn’t think they were that bad, Ive received a lot worse from various sources. A bit of TLC and they will probably be fine. I think they might be buddleia which are as tough as old boots and are cut to the ground every year anyway.

Latest posts

Back