Missing Hermes parcel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just read the article and will file it away in case I need to refer to it. I hope not as I only have the LG TSV to come and will not risk Mail order again until after Xmas. I did actually snort though when I read the Yodel boss's claim to justify leaving parcels by the bins, that one journey was more environmentally friendly. As if any of them give a toss about such things.

I just had a delivery from Amazon, it came during the 1/2 hour I was out!

Luckily, I have a PARCELSAFE, a lockable steel box fitted to the wall near the front door.

QVC used to sell them, but I only saw them presented once, I wonder why they stopped?

They are an excellent idea, and hold quite large packages. They also have a serial number on the front which couriers are allowed to use instead of a signature to prove delivery.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cWr7yKygL.jpg

I just had a delivery from Amazon, it came during the 1/2 hour I was out!

Luckily, I have a PARCELSAFE, a lockable steel box fitted to the wall near the front door.

QVC used to sell them, but I only saw them presented once, I wonder why they stopped?

They are an excellent idea, and hold quite large packages. They also have a serial number on the front which couriers are allowed to use instead of a signature to prove delivery.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cWr7yKygL.jpg

Great idea Strato, but bliddy hell they're not cheap are they?!?!

My Hermes guy called a few days ago with something I ordered online and his car was loaded to the hilt. He said he had over 200 parcels to deliver that day and would be working until late at night. It must be a nightmare at this time of year.

I was talking to a friend who is shift manager or another parcel delivery company telling them what had happened and he said that if a parcel one their drivers has delivered goes missing it COMES OUT OF THEIR WAGES and that this is a common thing among delivery companys.
If this is the case you would think the drivers would take more care of were they leave the parcels. So my Hermes person is now going to be over £50.00 out of pocket that is a lot of deliveries at 80p a delivery.
I almost feel guilty about reporting it missing now as I know how hard they are having to work at this time of year.

Don't wish to rub it in, but my courier is a total star. If I'm not in then she will leave a parcel in my shed. If she can't get in there then she will leave with a neighbour and then if she can't do that, she wraps it in a plastic bag and hides it in my back garden ! and puts a note through my door to tell where she's hidden it. Also DPD are a fantastic delivery service. I always use them if a company does. They send you a email on the morning of delivery with a one hour time slot so you can make sure you're in and if you're not you can arrange it to be delivered to a neighbour. You can also track it via a map, what number parcel drop you are and a named driver. Now that is what I call a totally ****** brilliant way to go !

I so agree with you about DPD. Superb service - they're my preference, if I had a choice. Anyone but Yodel or Snail Mail.

Agree too DPD is top delivery company - love the text msg so I don't have to go online to find out what is happening.

DPD are excellent but not perfect, a few weeks ago I was tracking a parcel on the comp which is a matter of feet from my front door, house was in total silence and I hear transport very well- van was 2 streets away and I refreshed my page and it said failed delivery, you weren't at home. I rushed to the door, my street was silent, it's a massive street and I live at the top and have a good view of nearly all of it. I was not impressed, it eventually came 6 hours later. Driver was polite about it -as was I but said he was stuck on an A road miles away (even though tracking said he was so close?) even the better ones aren't brilliant.

I've always had a really good Hermes lady, but I think I must now have someone new. My previous lady always hid parcels out of sight and put a note through the door to tell me where they were, but I had three parcels (from Q, IW and Ebay) delivered last week and they were just dumped on the doorstep in full view of anyone walking by. To add insult to injury the Hermes website says that they were left in my porch - when a porch is something I don't have. I think in future I'm going to change my delivery address to the local Co-op, because they're a Hermes parcelshop.

OH had a parcel delivered today (not from QVC). Her neighbour in the house OPPOSITE found it left by her front door. Luckily for OH it did have her correct name and address on it so she eventually got it back.

My regular Hermes woman is an absolute star. If I'm out, she knows to leave my parcel in an arranged safe place and she puts a note through my door, or she drops it into school if she goes past and sees my car in the car park. She must have passed the message on because, when she's not delivering, the other drivers do the same .... i.e. leave it in the safe place.

On one occasion when she was due to deliver a parcel she noticed that it was leaking so she took it back to her depot and sent me a text, having left a note through my door. When I rang QVC they said that they would refund me if I sent her note to them. This I did and the money was returned to my account.

I've been really lucky with all the deliveries I've received over the years .......... and that includes those from Yodel too.

My regular guy delivered my LG TSV today. He is a super chap and has even pulled up in the street before now so that I could either take the parcel with me or go home and take it in. As it was a YC set I went back! I gave him his Xmas box today, which was just some cash to buy a drink as opposed to a £50-£190 gifting suggestion from Q (the £190 being on LG yesterday).

I posted about my original problem on the Q facebook page along with several others who have had the same missing parcle issues.
I had a response from Helen in customer services to email her the order number and she will look in to it.
My real complaint on facebook was the need for Q to ring me once the form was returned to make sure I hadn't received the items as I said is the person who took it is going to bring it back? somehow I don't think so.
So it is likely to be well after Christmas before my money is back in the bank.
Well I emailed her and as yet I have not had any sort of response from them I amnot holding my breath thatit will be sorted out quickly.

Latest posts

Back