Missing Hermes parcel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
I am just back from Asda and on the door mat is a " sorry I missed you " card from Hermes. the card has the left in your secure front porch box ticked, the BIG problem is that I DON'T have a secure front porch just a locked front door leading into the hall way.
There is no sign of the parcel out side any where and believe me I have looked. I am assuming it is the TSV from l'Occitane I ordered the other day as that is the only thing I have ordered for months now and is showing as dispatched on my account.
Now do I call customer services to report it missing or do I wait and see if they deliver it later on today?
Some of it is a present for my Mum who is in hospital and in need cheering up, so I need to send it on her,and don't want to get stuck in Q's missing parcel rigmarole, and as it is no longer in stock only on waitlist which we all know means that if I do get it someone else will have had a go with it before me. I am going to have to find something else to send my poorly Mum.

Is there a phone number for the Hermes courier on the card? Mine always put their number on. Once they put behind boat, well after searching and phoning them it turned out that my neighbour had a boat on his drive and they wrongly presumed that it was my drive and garage and put the parcel in his garage

Madmax, it seems that one of two things could have occurred. First, the courier has marked the wrong box on the card, and has taken the item back to base. He should attempt another two deliveries before returning the item back to QVC.

Second, the courier has left your parcel in a neighbour’s secure porch box, and forgotten to amend the card. It would be worth your while checking adjacent properties to see if anyone has a secure porch box.

Before you go visiting, however, I would phone QVC and explain what has happened, and ask customer services to email QVC’s carrier department requesting that the latter contact Hermes to find out what the courier has done with the item. Don’t take no for an answer. Stress that the item is a present for someone in hospital, that it is no longer in stock, and that time is in short supply. For example, you will have to replace the missing present – which might include visiting the dreaded high street.

If you get no joy from the call centre, ask to speak with the team supervisor or manager - the latter will ring you back within an hour or so.

It’s probable that the wrong box has been ticked, but it is better to start the ball rolling ASAP. Hope this helps. Jay

No consolation I know but it could have been worse. My friend ordered 2 dresses ( not from Q ) and returned home to find a card through her door stating the courier had left her parcels in a secure out building ( they don`t have one ! ) and it appeared he`d left the parcels inside the wheelie bin she uses for paper and cardboard and yes you`ve guessed it, the bin was emptied whilst she was out !

Madmax, you should have the tracking link from Q, what does it say about the current status of your delivery?

Off at a tangent: Why don't QVC put the tracking link on the "My Account" details for the order, as well as in the "on its way" email? It'd be easier to find. I get so many qvc emails (about TSVs nothing useful like a 20% off code) that I do bulk deletes and then have to trawl through if I need a tracking link.

I got something delivered by Hermes last week and the order tracking said delivered to porch, it was actually left with the guys in IT at work as their office is near the front door. There seem to be quite a few complaints about Hermes on the QVC Facebook page. I also ordered some shampoo and conditioner from eBay which came via Interlink, I got a text and email on the day of delivery giving a sixty minute time slot and it was delivered about 1 minute into the hour.

By coincidence ive just had this email from a consumer forum . . . . .

Missing delivery? Take action!
Shopping for Christmas presents online has never been easier but sometimes things do go wrong.

Thankfully if the Christmas gift you've ordered online doesn't appear the law is on your side. The Sales of Goods Act and Distance Selling Regulations puts the burden of responsibility squarely with the retailer.

In other words, if your parcel doesn't arrive it's their fault and not yours.

What should you do?

Contact the retailer as soon as you suspect the parcel is missing.

They should investigate on your behalf and speak with their courier to check what's happened. In most cases they will be able to rearrange delivery, re-order your item or offer a refund.

How long have they got to deliver?

Under The Sales of Goods Act a retailer has a "reasonable" amount of time to deliver your order.

What "reasonable" means exactly will depend on what you've ordered and how long you were told it would take to arrive. If they estimate delivery will take 5 days and it hasn't arrived on the 6th you may have to wait a little while longer, this guide has more details.

It's also worth noting that you have 7 days to change your mind and cancel any order when you shop online - so if you are within this cooling off period you should have no issues getting a refund.

What about delivery costs?

If you've paid for express or next day delivery and your parcel doesn't arrive you can cancel.

Failure to deliver within the specified time period is considered to be a breach of contract and means you can ask for your money back, including the delivery charges.

In most cases you will still have to cover the cost of returning the item if it does turn up late.

I'm gutted that me usual Hermes chap has been replaced with a novice with a bigger van. My usual Hermes man is great and thoroughly reliable and trustworthy so I'm hoping he'll be back once the volume of parcels returns to normal.

I checked the online tracking for one item and it said that delivery had been attempted and a calling card left. I knew full well it hadn't as my man texts me every time he has a parcel to make sure I am home! Plus, I was home that day and no card left either. I think they do things to make it look good on the system, especially when they can't be bothered delivering or calling back!

I've recently had a parcel 'go missing' on its way to me - a Bethlehem Lights hanging basket. Now out of stock (of course), although I am on waitlist. I've completed the form and sent it back and am now waiting for the phone call so that I can confirm that it still hasn't arrived. To be fair, QVC have been great about it, very helpful, sympathetic and everything, and having seen one of my couriers the other day, march straight to the greenhouse to shove in a parcel before nipping to my door to pop through a card telling me that they are 'sorry they missed me' and driving off again, I'm minded to think I know whose fault it is. The chap who used to do the deliveries has now retired (he was brilliant) and the new people are friendly enough, but hardly reliable. I wish these courier companies would vet and check their franchisees a bit better.

I have been round and had a word with both of my neighbors and had a very good look in both of there gardens and there is no sign of my parcel :mysmilie_51: http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/images/smilies/Set5/mysmilie_51.gif.
My next step is going to be to call Q's customer service and see what they have to say.
I have brought my Mum some goodies from Amazon and am having them delivered straight to her in the hospital as I wanted her to have something while she is there.

My Hermes lady is a gem. She leaves stuff and leaves a note to tell us where she has left them.....though once the stuff was left in the green bin (only because it was raining)
I have had the odd item missing, most probably sent via Royal Mail. I then contacted Customer Service and they send a form for me to declare that I have not received it and they track the item.

Sorry to hear that, Hermes always dump parcels outside my flat door which ins't a safe area. I have rang qvc who say they have reported it and it will not happen again. which I find hard to believe because it still happens. everytime I ring CS they say they have reported it but it happens again and again. I have more than one person who works my area. I can't find a number to ring. Royal Mail are just as bad they dump the parcels too, when I ring to complain they never pick up the phone. I also told qvc about this and again they say they promise it won't happen again but it always does. so much for "award winning" CS. I asked the Hermes guy not to do that anymore but it's often a different person each time.

I am just of the phone to customer services and yes the parcel was marked as delivered into my "secure porch" for that read left by the front door in full view of the road and any Tom Dick or Harry who happen to be passing and might have taken a fancy to my parcel
They are sending me the "letter" and will then call me to make sure the parcel hasn't arrived, do they think that the toe rag who half hitched is going to have an attack of conscious and bring it back I some how I don't think so !!
So it will be weeks before my money is back in the bank what with the Christmas post and all the bank holidays that are coming up.
I just hope that Amazon are going to deliver the goods ,knowing my luck they will be lost in transit between here and Lincoln.

That makes for very interesting reading.
We all complain about the high cost of P&P which Q charge us but as they are charging a LOT more than lots of other internet retailers We should expect and receive a higher level of service. Parcels left in full view of the road ,in bins and thrown over gates is NOT what we are paying our P&P for.We should be getting a better level of service . A very quick look on Q's facebook page shows lots of complaints about lack of delivery so it is something they need to get on top of or they will lose their remaining customers who will start to vote with their feet and shop else where.

My parcel wasn't from QVC but from the States and there was customs duty to pay. If I hadn't known it had been sent, I'd never have got the parcel because we had no notification from ParcelForce, the website wouldn't accept the US tracking number and said the parcel didn't exist, I couldn't get through to find out how much I had to pay, let along where to pay it, then couldn't find out where the parcel was. Eventually (after running down one phone battery and half of another) I was able to find out how much to pay and pay it. I collected it this morning because I don't trust PF to deliver. Our local parcel depot has been closed which meant we had to travel 18 miles to collect it.

Apologies for digressing but had to share - feelings are still raw! And they're all as bad as each other.

Latest posts

Back