Mobile Phone recommendations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluebell

Registered Shopper
I am looking for a new mobile phone and dont know what to get
I mainly use my phone for texting, occassional calls and I would like to be able to check my emails
when I am away and do a bit of browsing but not fussed about Apps etc
but would like a decent camera as well

I have a samsung touch screen at the moment so am thinking about the samsung galaxy ace??

I have a sim only contract at the moment and usually buy my phone but am thinking about taking out a contract
so where would you recommend I get it from as well?

I would prefer to have Vodafone or O2

Thanks in advance for any advice

Before you buy into Vodafone, read the Martin Lewis forum mobile section. So many complaints about this company, CS etc.

Here is a link to the forum mobile part

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I have been with Vodafone for several years and had fantastic customer service. Most of the complaints on the Moneysaving forum are about the price increase which is about to happen. I think we were lucky as others including Orange put their contract prices up in January. Martin Lewis tried all ways then to find out if it was illegal to put contract prices up mid term but said it was in the small print that they can put them up in line with inflation. I also have mobile contracts in my name with Orange for my kids.

I would say go with whichever company offers you the best deal. I have heard bad reports about nearly every phone company. It also depends on what you need the phone for. I like the Vodafone service for going abroad which I do on business and holidays. For £3 a day you can use all your home usage, calls, texts and internet, which to be is a great deal. Orange do not do anything like this so if you want to use internet abroad it costs an arm and a leg.

Samsung phones are very good for the money - hubby has one.

I was on VF for many years before moving to o2. Apart from the utterly abysmal attempts of VF CS to implement a simple change leaving me out of pocket considerably and having to write a letter about it, they're quite good providing you don't need to speak to them! Unfortunately the price increases are a pain with VF as they tend to do it regardless. o2 on the other hand are pretty good with me though others say the opposite!

BTW, I did go back to VF but under a new contract and kept my 02 one going. Needless to say, I do things online with both of them and the only instance I've rung them up its been fine.

Latest posts

Back