Molton Brown put to the test....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I`ll be in my local Aldi tomorrow so I`ll keep an eye open for the shower gel/body lotion gift sets.
I`ve no idea what alcohol dupes they sell because we only drink wine and we`ve found our favourites from aldi extensive wine collection so we stick to them.

Sooze, they are not online. I went yesterday evening 9-ish and they were in the specials section. About 20 boxes. The SA said they had just come in that day.

Last edited:
Sooze, they are not online. I went yesterday evening 9-ish and they were in the specials section. About 20 boxes. The SA said they had just come in that day.
Thank you, I went in today and found them in my store so picked up one of each. I wouldn't have looked without your heads up as there was no mention online so thank you again ��

The fake 'baileys' and amaretto from Aldi are both very good ��
In fact, I prefer Aldi amaretto to the Di Saronno type, because it doesn't have a bitter aftertaste. I have been trying to get hold of a bottle of that 40 year old port, but it must fly out as soon as it's restocked, as I've never seen it!

We don't have Aldi in Northern Ireland, they are in the Republic though.

I find Molton Brown and L'Occitane hand wash drying, I prefer using soap which I get from the christmas market each year I stock up. Its the size of L'Occitane bath bars, vegetal very moisturising and gorgeous. Oh and you get 3 bars for what you pay for one of L'Occitane. Oh and lasts a long time, I still have some from last year and bought another 5 for £10 this year.

I did buy MB christmas hand wash in their sale, but actually use it as bubble bath. I liked the smell.
You must have a better French soap stall. I bought one bar of soap called "Vendanges" and it made my hands itchy. It did not lather after using it for a while either.

I think they must have sold out of the 40 year old port as there's not even an empty space on the shelf for it in both stores I've been in. I bought some of their Caviar peeling mask this week - I've yet to try it but if it's as good as people say then the Gatineau duos or the Gentle Rose Exfoliator are not going to be able to compete with it, even if they're on free P&P.

The fake 'baileys' and amaretto from Aldi are both very good ��
In fact, I prefer Aldi amaretto to the Di Saronno type, because it doesn't have a bitter aftertaste. I have been trying to get hold of a bottle of that 40 year old port, but it must fly out as soon as it's restocked, as I've never seen it!

I bought their version of Bailey's last year based on press reviews, but preferred the real Baileys. I do like their New Zealand wines though, and chorizo, peanut butter and fruit and nut chocolate

who ate all the nougat none left for me to try....lady stocking the shelf said they cant keep it in store its that popular

I bought their version of Bailey's last year based on press reviews, but preferred the real Baileys. I do like their New Zealand wines though, and chorizo, peanut butter and fruit and nut chocolate
There are two versions of fake Baileys at Aldi. One is called Ballycastle and there's another which is just called something like 'Irish cream liqueur', this second variety has a higher alcohol content, and is the one I prefer. There's also a chocolate cream liqueur with a very similar label, which I bought but am saving for Xmas - hic!
I'm with you on the fruit & nut chocolate, it's fab!
I also like their currant teacakes, which are a bit spicy, like hot cross buns, and their Norpak spreadable butter, which is a whole £1 cheaper than the Lurpak equivalent.

I bought 2 of the shower gel/body lotion sets from aldi so I`ll give them a whirl next week when my current shower gel will have run out. The price above them showed £2.99 but when I checked my receipt they`d gone through the till at £2.49, even better.
I find there are many things I love from Aldi and its a great place to get value for money but there are certain things they don`t sell so I do a once a month trip to Asda to stock up on those items.
My cat is a fussy eater and she turns up her nose at every cat food bar the Aldi Select one in the foil trays and I used to buy Bonne Maman conserve at almost £3 a jar from Asda but the Special Conserve from Aldi at just 99p, yes 99p is just as good and packed with fruit. There are lots of other excellent products at much lower prices than the big brands. Well worth trying and you soon suss what you like or dislike.

Latest posts

Back