more of the same bags ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When we had our summer last week I was hunting for some sun cream and I 'found' a pot of PCMC, a L'Occitane hand and foot cream and Elemis Pro radiance cleanser!! These were squirrelled away (from hubbies prying eyes!) and totally forgotten about, was a bit miffed cos I'd been spinning my PCMC out till my birthday!

I would love to say that I kept them all in dust bags in an orderly fashion.................but I can't!! They're hung up under the stairs with coats piled on top or stuffed in the bottom of a wardrobe!

I have quite a few handbags. No idea how many. For me though I go for colours. I obviously have more than one black bag and maybe not so obviously I have a few pink bags. Other than that I don't have any bags in duplicate colours and I'm not sure I would.

I wear a lot of black and navy for work (boring office clobber) so I love adding a splash of colour with say orange shoes and an orange bag.

I'm probably in the minority here but I never buy shoulder bags. They're not my thing but I do agree that the presentation often doesn't make it clear whether you can carry bags on your shoulder.

And I'm another one who doesn't want a ruddy tardis and actually buttery soft isn't always right for me either. I like structured bags and if they're buttery soft they don't keep their shape properly.

I hate it when they show the bags empty even without some paper stuffing inside. It is very difficult to imagine what a flat handbag will look like when it is full.

I store most of mine in the drawer under the bed. Although that is full so the very old ones are in a suitcase in the loft. I think I must have too many. Got the idea from an advert for a bed where the lady opened up the bed and it was full of shoes.

I have 2 kipling bags I use for work and a Kipling Palm Beach for my make up that I've had for years.
I have 2 Ted Baker bags that I love and use all the time,and a couple of other bags I use occasionally.I was drawn into buying a Tignanello bag from QVC but was so disappointed with the hard pebble leather and the cheap lining that I sent it straight back and won't buy that range again.
I was bought a Radley bag for my 50th but sold it on as it had a twee little flowery/doggy thing going on and that's not my thing either.
I lust after a Marc Jacobs bag I saw in Selfridges but at £695 that's all it will be!!!

I store my LG that I am not currently using in their dust bags. I never used to, but a stone one rubbed against a black one and now I can't get the marks off my stone one. That taught me! :mysmilie_465:

My other handbags are kept in a large plastic storage box in the bottom of my wardrobe. I also have some dotted about my room, but I am lucky that there's only me and hubby and I have a spare room all to myself and my girly bits!

My mum struggles with hers, she is the worst hoarder/shopper ever! She has recently bought a gorgeous shabby chic cream hatstand and has a load on there. Now scarves, that's another story! I end up putting a load away and forget I have them. I used to have some on a furry hanger (Home Bargains, would never pay the inflated prices on Le Q!) on the back of a door, but it looked untidy. Now they are hidden away and I tend to use the same 2 or 3 all the time :mysmilie_476:

Lemonsqueezy keep your eye on TK Maxx I'm sure I've seen Marc Jacobs in there.

I bought a Patrick Cox handbag in there for £69 that I had been bought as a gift 6 months previously and I think it was £320. Bought a different colour in case you were wondering. TKMaxx is also good for Osprey bags. Osprey do very classic bags is gorgeous leather. TKM usually have the more unusual colours which suits my handbag shopping habits.

I've got my eye on a Mulberry but have to hit a serious bonus before I can buy.

I have 3 kiplings, 2 tigs, 1 m&s, 1 fiorelli, 1 accessorize and 1 mulberry and 2 KVZ. That makes 11!!!! Omg will have to sell one.

I bought a row of coat hooks from B & Q. My bags are now hanging from the side of my wardrobe from these hooks so they are sort of on display but don't take up any room in the wardrobe or clutter up the floor.

Thanks Capirossi ! - a hatstand, great idea ! just refurbing the bedroom and despite all the handbag dustcovers, they still have to be 'stored' somewhere, usually stacked on top of one another. Hatstand in the corner of the room. brilliant !

Now ladies... Promise me you will take heed from this thread (and the l'occitane one where Akimbo "found" some shower gel in her cupboard).... Check your wardrobe and cupboards first before ordering. You may be surprised what you find!

Not in my case Weathergirl, I know exactly what's in my cupboards: a shed load of bags!!!:cheeky:

Latest posts

Back