Neom TSV 22/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£125 is more than my supermarket shop for a month. But I guess we’re all different with regards to what we like and what we think is good value.

However, in this instance, I think QVC are living in La La land if they think this is an essential item to purchase.

QVCs ineptitude strikes again - theres a set of three oils item number 246256 - flashed up on screen during the TSV presentation giving the item number and price of £46.
Went on the webshite and the item is priced at £48 or 4 payments if £12.
Sort yourselves out QVC. 🙄

Aroma therapy? The owner of the company is raking in millions and giving precious little in return imo. According to AY (who should be at home using it) the product is selling out and people are buying more than one set. Unbelievable.
I don’t get why you need 2 pods unless it’s for a present. That’s an expensive gift.

For years - especially Jill Franks - have advocated gifts for friends priced at £50 and above. Well, for decades I only spent around a tenner on my mates, and around 30 quid for individual close family ! Honestly ? I still don't fork out anymore than 15 quid for mates, and its crept up to 50 (or below if I can get away with it) for family.

Its easy for presenters who get good salaries in London and are in a job where they get a whole array of goodies at staff discount or for free, to spout nonsensical prices to the rest of us.

For years - especially Jill Franks - have advocated gifts for friends priced at £50 and above. Well, for decades I only spent around a tenner on my mates, and around 30 quid for individual close family ! Honestly ? I still don't fork out anymore than 15 quid for mates, and its crept up to 50 (or below if I can get away with it) for family.

Its easy for presenters who get good salaries in London and are in a job where they get a whole array of goodies at staff discount or for free, to spout nonsensical prices to the rest of us.
Quite agree Brissles. Lavishing friends and relatives with expensive gifts can cause a great deal of embarrassment and pressure on them to reciprocate.

My great nephews will be getting £20 for Christmas. The little girls are easier to buy for than little boys. I try and find special offers for the other family members. Just ordered a beautiful pure silk scarf for my niece less than £20 and huge reduction. My friend's hubby likes dark chocolate and I usually buy him a Black and Green Organic chocolate selection. Sisters and sisters in law get some Vallente gift boxes. I only buy for one friend and hubby and the nephews and nieces with children get a bottle of fizz and chocolates and it all still comes to a pretty penny sometimes.

I have cut back a lot on Christmas presents over the last few years, would rather go out for a meal with friends rather than try and choose something they may or may not like, and end up spending a fortune on bits and bobs, and my friends seemed happy to do the same and save their money to spend on close family, this year with bills the way they are going my other half and I have agreed to just by each other a charity shop book of our choosing and a surprise gift of no more than £20-30, I feel that's quite enough as long as we have something to open, would like to go out for Christmas lunch and save our cash for that

That's nuts tbh! I usually spend between £15 and £25 on mates but will admit to spending a lot on family. We've had to rethink the pressie buying when it comes to OH's family 'cause it's so big, now we usually do a couple of visits round about xmas and new year and shout them a takeaway and take some wine and chocs. What I do object to is having to add p&p. It's great to find something online that's within your budget for a friend lets say, and then having to pay an extra £3 or more for delivery takes it right over. Thankfully my catalogue from where most of my xmas gifts are bought have a flat £3.99 per order charge and the option to click and collect for free. I would never consider buying my gifts from Q as I'd end up paying the price of another large present in postage alone - Sod that. They're great for ideas though, a couple of my mates have got xmassy cozee home style sherpa lined blankets for £20 each, at least a tenner cheaper than the cozee home ones and they look really good quality, I also got them a pair of cabin socks to go with them which set me back about £4 a pair, had I bought that lot from Q, then I'd have been charged nearly £15 in postage which is frankly ridiculous!

Latest posts

Back