New Year, New You - after the event...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am typing this with no glasses on - I have just read my last post. Sorry about errors and most of all the wee...

Jill Franks wasn't there. It was Dale and Alison Young. Liz Earle was not there but Caroline was.

The gifts from QVC were a Teddy Bear(!), a mug, pen and an emery board. All the rest were given at the stands.
I am still haunted by the rabbit caught in headlights look given by Andrew Bagley as a small band of hardened fans encircled him. I spoke to Marion, who was very pleasant but I would not have dared go near Andrew. I got the impression these women could have easily gone for the jugular if necessary!

Both times I went to a event I got the mug teddy bear but not the emery board but a QVC Ruler.

New Year, New You - after the event

The invite allows you to take a guest. You get a letter first of all asking if you can make the date they give (no cloice on date) and then you ring on a recorded line giving your details and also the name of your guest. Cue the first round of mickey taking from husband and son. About two weeks before the event the tickets arrive (prepare for upsurge in mickey taking) and although they have no names when you go in you have to sign a TV disclaimer form, give your name, qvc number and your guests name that they tick off a list.

They then give you a booklet with the details of who will be there - the only no show was Benefit -with a raffle ticket on it. The free raffle at the end has a prize from each exhibitor and they are very generous prizes.

There were about three male OH's looking scared and bored in equal measures. Also, as another member said, you can see them thinking 'free?????' as the £ signs chink up in their eyeballs like something from Tom and Jerry...

Most of the attendees were in the 40 to 60 age group. Andrew Bagley's hard core crew were average age 95, but if his stuff does work they could have been telegram holders. There were a dozen or so younger girls, daughters and nieces possibly granddaughters.

I did not see anyone that did not seem to be enjoying the event on both sides of the counter with the possible of the Bobbi Brown bloke who was very good when wee spoke to him, but did look bored and the Leighton Denny stall where the two girls did not seem interested in talking and look well peed off to be opposite Nails Inc who went down a storm.

Tanya was laid out on the Decleor bed - I thought someone had had a turn! - and her face - which is lined but attractively and natural looking - looked as good after being worked on all afternoon as when I first saw her.

Hope someone who has not been yet gets to go next year.

Thanks so much for that description Snuffles, I feel I was there with you!!

I am still haunted by the rabbit caught in headlights look given by Andrew Bagley as a small band of hardened fans encircled him. I spoke to Marion, who was very pleasant but I would not have dared go near Andrew. I got the impression these women could have easily gone for the jugular if necessary!

Most of the attendees were in the 40 to 60 age group. Andrew Bagley's hard core crew were average age 95, but if his stuff does work they could have been telegram holders. There were a dozen or so younger girls, daughters and nieces possibly granddaughters.

These 2 comments made me smile as it was exactly the same as when I went 5 years ago! He must dread these events-his groupies are like vultures and very persistant. I went back 3 or 4 times before I managed to get to the front of the queue for my freebies,yet some of those clustered around him hadn't moved but were just gazing up at him 'lovingly' whilst the young women he had there working with him looked bemused and irrtated by it all!

Latest posts

Back