New Year, New You - after the event...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rudolf

Registered Shopper
Went yesterday afternoon with my daughter. I have to say, I did not know what to expect but it was a great afternnon. We both enjoyed it.

We were greeted at the lift by Dale. Who was charm itself! I hate old flannel, but he genuinely seemed pleased to be there and to enjoy chatting with people.

Alison Young gave two beauty seminars but we did not go in to see them. The camera does the lady no favours. She is very attractive, and her hair is lovely.

Most of the brands were there. LE, Prai (the textures of their creams is like nothing I have ever tried before, they feel like velvet), Mary Cohr, Living Nature,Gatineau, SBC,Elemis, Philosophy, Alpha H ( Tom has the best skin of any of them - with the exception of the LE crowd) , Prescriptives, Freeze 24, Decleor - complete with Amica laid out on bed for the whole session (thought there had been a casualty! - and Fiona was welcoming and very informative

plus

Smashbox, Bobbi Brown ( whatsis name looked bored to tears throughout the whole event) Leighton Denny (his two reps also looked as if they wished they were elsewhere), Arran Arromatics - wonderful products and delightful reps - OPI, Shavata (who told me my uneven brows were annoying her so she evened them up!) who is as polite and elegant as she is on TV.

I wish i had the energy of Helen from OPI! Very entertaining and she had three really excellent nail techs there. I had my first ever nail job done and still have the bright red nails to prove it.

Almost all were very generous with freebies and there was a free raffle with lots of lovely prizes. Tea, coffee, juice and cakes were available.

Andrew from Gatineau seemed to be surrounded by a small but persistent group of Liz Taylor/Tove lookalikes. If at times he looked a little uncomfortable, I can't blame him!

If you ever get an invite and don't live too far away, I would say go. It was a really enjoyable afternoon.

Sal

PS - I nearly forgot Pecksniffs - absolutely GORGEOUS products.

Snuffles, sounds like you had a great time!!!

BTW, do you mean Helen from Nails Inc not OPI?

Sounds an absolutely brilliant opportunity. Does anyone have a clue how to get invited to the next one?

Glad you enjoyed the day. I agree with you about Pecksniffs, I bought a load from TKMaxx before Christmas to give as gifts, but I foolishly sniffed them and as a result, none have been given away.
My favourite is the lavender and vetiver range :)

Sounds brilliant fun. I thought Arran Aromatics(sp) had gone bankrupt?

So now we know what the Andrew gropies look like.

Tell us what freebies you managed to grab?

My friend Emma's sister got an invite to a jewellery one, Emma asked me if I wanted to go? This was last year by the way, I said no.

Snuffles, sounds like you had a great time!!!

BTW, do you mean Helen from Nails Inc not OPI?

Oh yes! I wrote in a rush and what a mistake to make! Especially as OPI was not even there.

To make up fo that, I have to say that Helen and her team from Nails Inc were probably one of the most popular and lively stands there.

My friend Emma's sister got an invite to a jewellery one, Emma asked me if I wanted to go? This was last year by the way, I said no.

All the brands gave something - Nails Inc gave a free nail do - first one I have ever had, Arran Arromatics gave a lovely, very generous bag of goodies, lip palette from Smashbox. Leighton Denny had three little polishes in a bag. Good gift but the two girls did not chat and looked more rigid. living Nature gave a bag with cleanser and moisuriser and gave me a hand massage. SBC gave a large tube of gel, Prescriptives did my daughter's eye make up. Shavata gave a highlighter pencil. Pecksniffs - I can see them costing me a fortune! - gave a bag with a LOVELY - body oil in. Mary Cohr gave a serum, Prai gave an eye cream in a lovely bag. Elemis gave a classy white make up bag with body and face products. Gatineau some bits and pieces from a new face range (the one that they just launched the new fruitygommage from ) and a posh flannel. Bobbi Brown gave a little lip gloss if you asked (my daughter did) and Decleor (Fiona is lovely)gave a sample of the body corps and a box which I have not opened yet that has an arromesence that you put on pebbles that scent the room. Tom from Alpha H gave a bag with lots of samples and was very detailed in the - separate - advice he gave to me as a 50 year old and my daughter who is 20.I hope I haven't left anyone out. The only stand I did not visit was Freeze 24.

You didn't have to ask for anything. I spoke to nearly all of the guests and they just gave you a pressie

The freebies were great and today is my Christmas day to sort them out but I have to say, and it does sound corny, that the best thing about the afternoon was the atmosphere and the genuine enthusiasm from almost all to explain and show off their products.

Arran Aromatics have had liquidator appointed
http://www.edinburgh-gazette.co.uk/...ding-up-court;subcategory=petitions-companies

Snuffles, sounds like you had a fab time and got lots of lovely goodies :clap:

I also forgot A'Kin. Who were very generous with full size and sample size gifts.

The rep from Arran Arromatics gave me an arm massage with a gorgeous grapefruit cream. I asked a few questions about the brand and the family that own it. Of course, I suppose she would not have said anything about the liquidator. Perhaps someone has taken them over?

What were the people from Smashbox like? I always like watching them, they seem very genuine.

Yes - can't remember her name but it was the main American presenter. She is just as she is on TV. Very friendly, happy and smiley (take note Bobbi Brown, who were not at all rude but noses in air) and she tried a new product on me that will be on this weekend called Halo Glow. It's the same size as a Halo compact but is a warmth. I won't buy it because I don't use warmths or bronzers but it looked fine when she put it on for me!

Smashbox gave a lip palette and brush. It has about 24 shades in it (I think Jayne sells them) and I have just tried a bright fuschia pink this am. You don't need much! I shall have hours of fun playing with this!

LE gave away a sample size of C&P and a muslin cloth - bit mean I thought, given the generosity of the other sponsors. Agree with Snuffles that Bobbi Brown were a bit stuck up. Arran Aromatics was definitely the most generous freebie with loads of products.

Nina from Smashbox was lovely and Fiona from Decleor is absolutely delightful, so helpful with advice and friendly.

The Alison seminar was very informative and entertaining! Although she focussed mainly on skincare, justifying the different pricepoints in the ranges and talking through why this is etc. She could also say certain things to us that she's not allowed to say on air - about her recommendations & techniques. She's also very nice in real life and accepts her reputation with really good grace, even the nicknames the floor staff have for her and Julia. I liked her very much, although I never disliked her anyway - she really does know her stuff.

Snuffles, were you lucky enough to get any freebies from LE ?

Yes, they gave a 30ml cleanse and polish and a cloth. The girls on the stand were as they always are in the shop, helpful and pleasant and Caroline was there. She and all of the girls all had very clear, healthy bright, I'd go so far as radiant skin and no heavy make-up. Their skin and Tom of Alpha H was far and away the best. I made sure to have a good look!

The LE girls were giving hand massages but we did not go for one - I had two others!

Also, was a bit surprised that BE were not there. The only make up brands were smashbox, bobbbi B and Prescriptives. Best giveaway was the Smashbox lip palette.

tx maxx

Unsure if already posted but T K Maxx also sell Decleor & Models Prefer !

Latest posts

Back