Nothing for men

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years ago I bought a man's suede jacket on QVC for I think it was £50 or £60. Now, considering it was a 2XL, that was a lot of suede for the money. OH still has it and it is still a classy jacket - he loves it and it was one of my best buys. These days all he ever does is moan about me watching and spending lol.

Last year I bought a couple of the men's Decleor kits (around £25 each I think I paid) and they were very well received.

I don't wear a watch but I do like the Skagen watches. As I have 5 nephews to buy for this Christmas I may well have a look at the next show.

CC

That Elf one is exactly the same as the one in Poundstretcher for £9.99. If anyone buys this for £35 (37 if next day delivery) then they deserve to be ripped off.

Ah Poundstretcher....another place where you can get some really good bargains - I recently bought a new clothes airer (oh, the excitement of my life!) - exactly the same as I'd seen in both Argos and Robert Dyas, but less than half the price.

That Elf one is exactly the same as the one in Poundstretcher for £9.99. If anyone buys this for £35 (37 if next day delivery) then they deserve to be ripped off.

Ah Poundstretcher....another place where you can get some really good bargains - I recently bought a new clothes airer (oh, the excitement of my life!) - exactly the same as I'd seen in both Argos and Robert Dyas, but less than half the price.

I agree H, I got my set of Pyrex dishes there a lot cheaper than anywhere else too, oh yes we certainly know how to live it up eh! eh! :mysmilie_14:

D'you know I haven't been in Poundstretcher for ages, mainly because it's just off our high street, but the time has come to pay another visit. Thanks for the reminder.

How ridiculous! Novelty jumpers are ten-a-penny in supermarkets etc these days. QVC really haven't got the memo...

They need to realise they've killed their male customer base stone dead with their shocking neglect. If they want to have anything of a market, they're going to have to start small and build... a couple of hideous Christmas jumpers isn't the way to do it.

D'you know I haven't been in Poundstretcher for ages, mainly because it's just off our high street, but the time has come to pay another visit. Thanks for the reminder.[/QUOTE

Be prepared Thatu, it's one of those shops that you can't help filling your basket because the prices are that good.

How to completely ruin Christmas? Buy my OH a Christmas jumper for a laugh. He won't laugh. He will sulk. He will probably start drinking straight after present opening and be asleep through dinner. Just don't do it :mysmilie_496:

CC

QVC has lost it's way long ago infract the CEO should resign I am sure he has tuned this channel into a tits and nickers channel.
The way men have been shoved out, I would like to see what would happen if the woman had been shoved out.
When QVC started
it was suppose to be a shopping channel for all not just for woman alone .:mysmilie_10:

When I read the title of this thread I honestly thought it was the name of a new range 'Nothing for men'!! I was thinking it sounded like the hair care range for men that John Barrowman!
Haven't seen that on air for ages incidentally - another men's range which is no more?

Well, pa1916 there's nothing for me there, either. I don't buy cosmetics or make-up, their "fashion" is way too expensive and awful, their kitchen stuff (I suppose that could be unisex but) is also too expensive, and that's about it, really. But I totally agree about things for men and I've written on here about it before. I think now, though, whatever they do will be too little, too late.

Unless, of course, you enjoy watching hour upon hour of Marv or DBF, or any of the other presenters who think they're God's gift to my screen. Then it's worth your while tuning in. :mysmilie_10:

Well, pa1916 there's nothing for me there, either. I don't buy cosmetics or make-up, their "fashion" is way too expensive and awful, their kitchen stuff (I suppose that could be unisex but) is also too expensive, and that's about it, really. But I totally agree about things for men and I've written on here about it before. I think now, though, whatever they do will be too little, too late.

Unless, of course, you enjoy watching hour upon hour of Marv or DBF, or any of the other presenters who think they're God's gift to my screen. Then it's worth your while tuning in. :mysmilie_10:

OH GOD THATS A NO NO. :mysmilie_13:

Ive no idea why a man would want to shop at QVC, and women too for that matter. Google what you're looking for and guaranteed 99% of what you're looking for would be found cheaper anywhere else than QVC. Sexist as they are with their d.i.y on Sunday slot (don't know if they still have it) aimed at men, well a lot of men, including my husband, work on a Sunday and I know my husband would sooner chew off his own arm to get him out of anything d.i.y.

I tell you, I even went to Asda today, I just don't care, me, just one excitement after another and life on the edge (well, the Asda in question is on the edge of the local town, so I got that bit right).:mysmilie_14:

I agree H, I got my set of Pyrex dishes there a lot cheaper than anywhere else too, oh yes we certainly know how to live it up eh! eh! :mysmilie_14:

Well personally as a tradesman i enjoy the diy shows even if its just to see the presenters doing something daft with a product,and although i may not buy anything its good to see new innovative products

Latest posts

Back