Online Shopping Survey

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
We have talked about these shopping surveys before, notably the ones that rate just customer service as QVC always used to boast how they were top, then they fell a place or two and are now probably much further down (though I don't actually know) so strangely enough, they never mention it. Anyway, Which? published the results of their survey of online shops back in May and list the top 100 most highly rated by customer experience over all and whether they would recommend them. Apologies if it's been mentioned on here but I missed it if so. This is the top 40, which just about includes QVC! Sorry it's so long an insert - that's why I haven't included all 100. B&Q and Homebase are 99 and 100.

(The number in brackets after the store name below is how many people responded in the survey.)

1602261742592.png

We have talked about these shopping surveys before, notably the ones that rate just customer service as QVC always used to boast how they were top, then they fell a place or two and are now probably much further down (though I don't actually know) so strangely enough, they never mention it. Anyway, Which? published the results of their survey of online shops back in May and list the top 100 most highly rated by customer experience over all and whether they would recommend them. Apologies if it's been mentioned on here but I missed it if so. This is the top 40, which just about includes QVC! Sorry it's so long an insert - that's why I haven't included all 100. B&Q and Homebase are 99 and 100.

(The number in brackets after the store name below is how many people responded in the survey.)

View attachment 19692
Thank you for publishing this. I'd forgotten how many times a program they used to tell us "we are second to John Lewis blah blah". Joint 40th doesn't sound so great.

As a Maths nerd I'd like them to have given the figures per 100 responents. Liz Earle is 1st but only 65, Amazon has nearly 5,000 responses. So you are not comparing like with like. Sorry just my inner nerd being pedantic.

Thank you for publishing this. I'd forgotten how many times a program they used to tell us "we are second to John Lewis blah blah". Joint 40th doesn't sound so great.

As a Maths nerd I'd like them to have given the figures per 100 responents. Liz Earle is 1st but only 65, Amazon has nearly 5,000 responses. So you are not comparing like with like. Sorry just my inner nerd being pedantic.
I know what you mean. I'm not a maths nerd but I like things to be more uniform, too. I suppose the customer score averages are deemed to be comparable as long as the sample size is over a few dozen.

And yes, they soon shut up about their "rating", didn't they?

PS The survey on which the ratings were assessed was carried out in July 2019. I wonder if they do it annually and whether all the ratings will have been affected by how people found shopping online during the lockdown and since this year.

I bough a MB set and I don't like the smell so phoned qvc for a return label the most obnoxious woman answered and said she would not be sending a label as I should pay to return something...I said under distance selling I want a label.she retorted that if I had bought it in a shop I would not be able to return it as I used it. I said QVC is not a shop and I wanted to try iy out as we are encouraged to do so. She has really put me off..

I bough a MB set and I don't like the smell so phoned qvc for a return label the most obnoxious woman answered and said she would not be sending a label as I should pay to return something...I said under distance selling I want a label.she retorted that if I had bought it in a shop I would not be able to return it as I used it. I said QVC is not a shop and I wanted to try iy out as we are encouraged to do so. She has really put me off..
What a strange attitude she had. What is wrong with these people? When was this, boffy? I hope not since that programme which exposed their return postage irregularity as they are supposed to have been re-trained, aren’t they?

What a strange attitude she had. What is wrong with these people? When was this, boffy? I hope not since that programme which exposed their return postage irregularity as they are supposed to have been re-trained, aren’t they?
this was yesterday afternoon still fuming tbh x

On the moneysaving site, people are always recommending buying from Richer Sounds they give an extra guarantee with all electrics.
I have bought from Richer Sounds but their shops, not online, and it was a few years ago now. They did have the best prices and the staff in stores were excellent then.

Of those top few in the list above, I have bought from Liz Earle and John Lewis online and found their CS great in both cases (C&P pump didn't work, hence that call, and iron from JL stopped working properly).

this was yesterday afternoon still fuming tbh x
So would I be. There are some lovely people on the QVC phones and some real c0ws.

I can vouch for Viovet. Been ordering from them for years. Fantastic service & even prescrption meds are always at least half, sometimes a third, of what the vet charges even including the cost of the prescription.
AniMed are just as good & even cheaper for some things.

Latest posts

Back