Perfect formula ruby pink gel coat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LADY TIA

Registered Shopper
Hi

This - the perfect formula ruby pink gel coat - looks really pretty. I'm trying to find something that has an optical brightening effect - brighter pink bits and whiter fresher ends of nail. My nails have quite white tips naturally but do get stained as i don't wear a polish as such on them so I buff them a lot (margaret dabbs nail buffer is the most amazing buffer I have ever used BTW).

Has anyone tried this - the perfect formula ruby pink gel coat?

Or any other suggestions.

I don't tend to wear nail colour and have been using essie bright white pen for years - on Q out but of stock and I'm sure its been discontinued - so easy no removal etc but I guess there are benefits to the gel coat as you don't have to apply everyday.

Also if anyone has used it and likes it - do you need a clear base coat i.e does the ruby pink colour make the nails stain and yellow over time?

Thanks so much in advance - hate having to find new things because something I love has been discontinued but thought this might be an option :)

xxx :thinking:

I've not tried the Ruby Red, but have had the Pink Gel coat and that didn't make a blind bit of difference. My nails are discoloured also but I put that down to always having colour on them, but now and again I would like to have a natural looking nail but they look like I have nicotine stained nails. I've even tried soaking in lemon juice and that didn't work either.

I've not tried the Ruby Red, but have had the Pink Gel coat and that didn't make a blind bit of difference. My nails are discoloured also but I put that down to always having colour on them, but now and again I would like to have a natural looking nail but they look like I have nicotine stained nails. I've even tried soaking in lemon juice and that didn't work either.

thanks for that it really helps, I did think the pink might not be enough so thought the ruby might give a better effect, I was wavering and thinking of getting the pink but think I'll hold out and stick with my original idea - thanks so much :)

Have a lovely Sunday :mysmilie_504:

I found the Leighton Denny brightening products brilliant. Made an instant difference even though I didn't even think my nails were particularly discoloured.

Hi

This - the perfect formula ruby pink gel coat - looks really pretty. I'm trying to find something that has an optical brightening effect - brighter pink bits and whiter fresher ends of nail. My nails have quite white tips naturally but do get stained as i don't wear a polish as such on them so I buff them a lot (margaret dabbs nail buffer is the most amazing buffer I have ever used BTW).

Has anyone tried this - the perfect formula ruby pink gel coat?

Or any other suggestions.

I don't tend to wear nail colour and have been using essie bright white pen for years - on Q out but of stock and I'm sure its been discontinued - so easy no removal etc but I guess there are benefits to the gel coat as you don't have to apply everyday.

Also if anyone has used it and likes it - do you need a clear base coat i.e does the ruby pink colour make the nails stain and yellow over time?

Thanks so much in advance - hate having to find new things because something I love has been discontinued but thought this might be an option :)

xxx :thinking:

I like the Ruby pink gel coat and would recommend it, often use 2 coats for a stronger effect

Another huge thumbs up for LD Brilliance shield. I rarely wear colour on my fingernails and over the years I've tried loads of different variations on a clear polish. On me this makes my nail tips brilliant white. They're pretty white anyway but it doesn't make the nail bed pinker. I actually think getting both those things is pretty impossible. On me it makes my nail bed slightly lighter but clean and neat. It makes my nails look like I've had the best French manicure ever.

I've recently tried the Nails Inc Illuminator ... nice but pearly. Pretty but not really me.

Another huge thumbs up for LD Brilliance shield. I rarely wear colour on my fingernails and over the years I've tried loads of different variations on a clear polish. On me this makes my nail tips brilliant white. They're pretty white anyway but it doesn't make the nail bed pinker. I actually think getting both those things is pretty impossible. On me it makes my nail bed slightly lighter but clean and neat. It makes my nails look like I've had the best French manicure ever.

I've recently tried the Nails Inc Illuminator ... nice but pearly. Pretty but not really me.

I quite like the Nails Inc Illuminator. Does seem to make the tips appear whiter, but they are quite white anyway. I will have to try the LD Brilliance shield. LD Renovate has transformed my nails, that used to break at the slightest thing, they're really strong now and I've been able to grow them. Just wish I could get rid of the ridges.. I've tried to buff them out, but if anything it just accentuates them, and weakens the nail in the process.

I quite like the Nails Inc Illuminator. Does seem to make the tips appear whiter, but they are quite white anyway. I will have to try the LD Brilliance shield. LD Renovate has transformed my nails, that used to break at the slightest thing, they're really strong now and I've been able to grow them. Just wish I could get rid of the ridges.. I've tried to buff them out, but if anything it just accentuates them, and weakens the nail in the process.

Mine are quite ridged as well. Have you tried a vitamin supplement for hair, skin and nails? That's helped mine. I use Boots own brand.

I agree that the NI Illuminator does make the tips whiter but it does look like you're wearing a nail polish. LD Brilliance looks more like your nails are perfect and you've buffed them to a shine. It's personal preference though at the end of the day.

This is a photo of my nails from a while back but this is with the LD brilliance shield.

image.jpg

I love using the NI Illuminator on my tips after using Chelsea Embankment Mews. These two give a lovely natural, but polished manicure and are forgiving enough that even I can do it myself.

I fancy the LD as a quickie, though. Is it just one quick coat all over?

I do one coat of nail envy and one of LD Brilliance Shield. Lasts about four or five days before I need to redo it.

I did have the serum to start with but you don't need it, no. Yep use it with a base coat or on its own. I think it lasts longer with a base coat.

Mine are quite ridged as well. Have you tried a vitamin supplement for hair, skin and nails? That's helped mine. I use Boots own brand.

I agree that the NI Illuminator does make the tips whiter but it does look like you're wearing a nail polish. LD Brilliance looks more like your nails are perfect and you've buffed them to a shine. It's personal preference though at the end of the day.

This is a photo of my nails from a while back but this is with the LD brilliance shield.

View attachment 12148

Wow, your nails are amazing! They're so long! The tips do look really white, I can sense a purchase coming on.. :wink: Thanks for your help. :happy: I do take a multivitamin / mineral / probiotic, but it's not specifically for hair, skin and nails.

I love using the NI Illuminator on my tips after using Chelsea Embankment Mews. These two give a lovely natural, but polished manicure and are forgiving enough that even I can do it myself.

I fancy the LD as a quickie, though. Is it just one quick coat all over?

Thanks for the tip, I will have to try that. I might even have Chelsea Embankment in my stash. :happy:

Last edited:

Hi, thanks so much for replying ooo I did look at the nails inc one too but thought the same :)

:mysmilie_504:

thank you and for the tip on the LD renovate, I might buy some of that also - I'm can feel a bit of a pamper coming on :)

thank you and for the tip on the LD renovate, I might buy some of that also - I'm can feel a bit of a pamper coming on :)

The tube the LD Renovate comes in is tiny (10ml) but you only need a tiny dot of product per nail, so it lasts ages. I love a good pamper session, enjoy! :happy:

I love renovate as I love the smell and I find the process quite therapeutic, however, renovate is really to smooth out damaged nails which is great when you really don't want to trim them all but I do find that it is better if possible to keep trimming off damage and treat with nail envy etc until the nails are better condition.

Latest posts

Back