Philip Kingsley Flaky Itchy Scalp

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Red

--xxx--
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone on here had used these products - shampoo, conditioner, tonic and if they worked?
I suffer with psoriasis on my scalp.
The reviews do look good on QVC.

Was thinking I might use my EP code to give it a try, but I would appreciate any feedback from ST members.

Thanks. :)

Well, I don't have psoriasis, but they certainly made my scalp flakey and itchy...so I guess that means they work!

The best products I have found for itchy, dry scalp are from the men's range, Men-U.

They are:

Men-U Healthy Hair and Scalp Shampoo
http://www.feelunique.com/p/men-u-Hair-amp-Scalp-Shampoo.html

and

Men-U Moisturising Conditioner
http://www.feelunique.com/p/men-u-Moisturising-Conditioner-75ml.html

They last for months as they are ultra concentrated and one pump is enough each time, so they work out very economical. Free postage from the site I linked as well, plus cashback through Quidco.

Give them a try, i wouldn't use anything else now.

I've just used these products for the first time. The shampoo, the leave in conditioner, and yesterday the masque treatment or whatever it's called.

I found them very effective. My scalp was very itchy and flaky and it has cleared up, and my hair feels thick and soft.

My one caveat is that, in my experience, these things tend to work the first couple of times, then stop being so good.

I bought small sizes from another website -- it's worth doing that if you're not sure. It was Beautique.com.

It was sufficiently effective for me to be thinking about getting the larger sizes from QVC.

i used to use this range a while ago but then got fed up with the fact that i had to buy it from the salon i went to (my pre-qvc days!) and along with a cut it felt like a heck of a lot to pay....anyway, switched from it and never felt the difference. my all time favourite shampoo is neem shampoo by bioforce - all natural plant extracts and very gentle yet will strengthen the hair and the scalp.

I have a sensitive scalp, used to be very itchy and flaky. The philip kingsley really helped at first, been using it for a while now. Doesn't seem to be doing much anymore, my scalp isn't overly itchy, but it is flaky and still sensitive, so i am thinking of trying a different product. It is very expensive, and also not great on coloured hair.

They're worth a try for the cost of the postage.

My BIL has psoriasis on his scalp. He alternates Selsun Blue from the doctor with Timotei anti-dandruff. He hasn't tried PK as his regime is working well for now.

I've been using this since Jan and I've had less of a flaky scalp. My hairdresser noticed the difference too.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone on here had used these products - shampoo, conditioner, tonic and if they worked?
I suffer with psoriasis on my scalp.
The reviews do look good on QVC.

Was thinking I might use my EP code to give it a try, but I would appreciate any feedback from ST members.

Dont know if this will help, but i get flakey itchy scalp and ive just tried [over the last month]
L OREAL ELVIVE [anti-dandruff] INTENSIVE treatment
blue and orange bottle-active selenium S, its very good clears instantly and leaves hair shiny.
for under a fiver -give it a go im delighted, should say im real fussy about my hair like it to look good and stylish and i dye it - so am pleased with Elvive:40:

Thanks for all your replies.
The one I wanted is on waitlist. :(
Think I may give the Men-u range a try while I am waiting for PK to come back in stock.

I have tried dandruff shampoo's in the past but they just burn my scalp.

I need to get something asap as the itching kept me awake last night, so much so that I asked hubby to check me for nits this morning! lol :11:
No nits thankfully, just my psoriasis worse than usual.

Have had various stuff from the GP but although good for the scalp, not so good for the hair.

Thanks again for your advice. :)

Well I've ordered the Men-U shampoo and the PK Scalp tonic from Feelunique for less than the set from QVC. Bet it gets here quicker too!
Will report back.

I use PK scalp mask as I get really sore itchy flakey patches on my scalp and this works a treat. I do have his itchy flakey shampoo but, as others have said it seems to stop working after a while. I alternate his shampoo with any other one I take a fancy to - Sheer Blonde by John Frieda at the moment, and this seems to work ok for me. Hope you find something that suits you soon. X

Have had various stuff from the GP but although good for the scalp, not so good for the hair.

I find that, - i've got psoriasis on my scalp, linked to my arthritis condition.
T-Gel shampoo works well but I really don't like the smell and it seems to strip the colour quicker.

Lately i've been using Nizoral and that seems to clear it up and you only need to use it once a week to keep it at bay. Like other posters, i need to alternate products otherwise my scalp gets used to them and they lose effectiveness.

My BIL recommends Selsun, but i've not tried that one yet.

Thanks!
My hair is not coloured so at least I don't have to worry about it stripping the colour too.
Will let you know how I get on with my products.

Dont know if this will help, but i get flakey itchy scalp and ive just tried [over the last month]
L OREAL ELVIVE [anti-dandruff] INTENSIVE treatment
blue and orange bottle-active selenium S, its very good clears instantly and leaves hair shiny.
for under a fiver -give it a go im delighted, should say im real fussy about my hair like it to look good and stylish and i dye it - so am pleased with Elvive:40:

I use this one too and find it really good. The effect lasts for a couple of weeks so you don't have to use it every time you wash your hair. I alternate it with Tigi which my hairdresser stocks but you can buy it elsewhere. :)

I found the Aveda Scalp Remedy to be more soothing and effective than the Philip Kingsley, might be worth a try.

I have Seborrheic dermatitis and although I have no flakiness (the dermatologist said I keep my hair too clean for it to appear) but the itching is appalling........absolutely a nightmare!!

I have spent a fortune on products from Green People, Aveda, Boots, Selsun, Philip Kingsley.....you name it and I tried it.

There might still be an old thread of mine floating around - I received LOADS of advice at the time.

But the only thing that helps is Oilatum Intensive Scalp shampoo and Betnovate scalp application, both of which I get on prescription now.

It doesn't actually get rid of the problem or even stop it totally, but it keeps it under control and makes it bearable.

I hope you find something that helps........you have my greatest sympathy and I cannot believe how an itchy scalp, can cause so much trauma to people, but I know it does, because it's been driving me bonkers for years now......:11:

Yes SallyMc, I remember old threads about this subject, they were brill and I prob said the same thing, I've used Philip Kingsley's itchy scalp range twice and got nothing from them, even gave the second lot away because it didn't do anything for my itchy scalp at all. Best results I ever had was with t gel shampoo, coal tar I know but it didn't smell bad at all.

Nowdays my scalp has calmed down, thank goodness and I just use alberto balsam tea tree tingle, simple and helps my scalp. Anything else starts the itching off again, though I find Aveda shampure is good too. (budget doesn't allow for that nowdays :( )

Used apple Alberto Balsam the other day and I ended up with aa itching rash all over my forehead, same brand, different type and still got a reaction, weird. Does make me wonder what do they put into shapoos.

Sadly, QVC don't stock Michael Dicesare items any more, so I buy from Ebay. I do suffer from psoriasis - no change that to I USED to suffer. It isn't the shampoo I use which makes a difference but the fact I use Dicesare's Liquifix and Preserving Spray. Since changing to those about five years ago my scalp has been fab.

Latest posts

Back