Postage & Packing costs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

popcorn

Registered Shopper
I have seen a faux fur short jacket on site that I would be interested in for my mum but the P&P costs are £7.45 and it will take days to deliver and more than likely the box will have been open for whoever to have a nosey and see whats in it and I would be paying for the privilage somehow I don't think I will order now rant over

many many comments have been made re p&p costs, I have just been tempted by some pans until I noticed the £7.45 p&p same with the Tignanello bags, & well just about everything on QVC these days.I shop a lot online with either Free p&p (& sometimes returns) or I head to the shops.Am buying much less on QVC these days & the reason is the P&P costs.

I would want it special delivery for £7.45.
The P&P charges are absolutely ridiculous and i wish they'd sort them out :angry:

I would want it special delivery for £7.45.
The P&P charges are absolutely ridiculous and i wish they'd sort them out :angry:

If you go for the AHEM special delivery option that takes three days!!!! not next day it comes via that awful DX company so I did used to pay extra for that if I wanted something quickly but go for standard delivery now.

If you go for the AHEM special delivery option that takes three days!!!! not next day it comes via that awful DX company so I did used to pay extra for that if I wanted something quickly but go for standard delivery now.

It gets worse!!

As a comparison, I ordered a down filled coat from Zara a couple of weeks ago and p&p was £3.95 for standard 3-5 working days.

It arrived after 4 working days (so basically a week as I'd done it on a Fri night) - wrapped in a strong plastic bag which when opened contained a lovely cardboard box - I know I'm sad to be excited by a cardboard box - with Zara printed on it. Opening the box, the coat was beautifully packaged in tissue paper with a Zara sticker on it. Bit like a version of Liz Earle packaging. Returns are free and they even send security labels if you want or need to post it back. No bashing about or dints and rips.

QVC take note......

Oh and the best bit - the parcel came direct from Zara's warehouse in......MADRID !!!!!!

Next can manage next day delivery for any size of order for £3.99 and its the same delivery service QVC use in my area!

I placed an order with Gap - P&P was free with free returns, and it arrived next day.

many many comments have been made re p&p costs, I have just been tempted by some pans until I noticed the £7.45 p&p same with the Tignanello bags, & well just about everything on QVC these days.I shop a lot online with either Free p&p (& sometimes returns) or I head to the shops.Am buying much less on QVC these days & the reason is the P&P costs.

Totally agree. It seems that everytime I see something I like, the p & p is extortionate and it stops me in my tracks. So thanks QVC - your ridiculous postage charges are saving me a fortune cos I AIN'T BUYING!

The p&p charges have stopped me buying many, many times. Come on QVC!!! When you first started out here there wasn't the competition that there is now. Buck up your ideas ~ you're losing custom!

Totally agree. It seems that everytime I see something I like, the p & p is extortionate and it stops me in my tracks. So thanks QVC - your ridiculous postage charges are saving me a fortune cos I AIN'T BUYING!

Yes me too! Yet again I heard the words "you've got a 30 day money back guarantee so you've nothing to lose" - JF mentioned it this afternoon on the Tignanello show - sometimes they mention "less p+p" but not often it seems.

If they abolished p+p (even if they had to factor it into the price of the product, within reason) I think more people would buy as they really wouldn't have anything to lose then if the item proved to be unsuitable. If other companies can do it, why not QVC?

Last edited:
I agree with you all. Clarks shoes are available on Clarks website with free p&p and returns. No longer but from QVC untilI have checked other options.
I recently spent £82.00 on Ojon products and the p &p was £9.90. I must have been mad!:headbang:

I'm hoping for some fabulous christmas "free or capped P&P" promotion,to encourage me to do all my christmas shopping at QvC (I may be in for a long wait:dull::giggle:) as last year I did ALL my christmas shopping online and not one item bought from QVC because of their P&P costs......

What really bugs me is the fact that they say order more than one of an item and the p+p is halfed on each subsiquent item. So if its outerwear, shoes, clothing, jewellery, bedding or a handbag you need to order the same size and colour, if its a beauty product with a multi-option again you have to order the same skin type or colour if its make-up.

They say p+p is included on cd's, you can go to amazon or play and get free p+p normally its despatched next day but can take upto 5 days to arrive so you're not making a saving at all if you buy from QVC.

At least with I W you get multiline p+p.

The last thing I bought from QVC was the Laura Geller foundation stick, because I can't get it anywhere else and my Mum bought the Liz Earle superskin moisturiser as it was on 2pays. I much rather prefer going to the high street as you can feel it, see if it suits and then either buy it there and then or think about it and go back and purchase it. If I need to buy a pan it means I need it there and then, so instead of waiting 5 days for delivery I can get it straight away from the shop and no p+p to pay.

What annoys me is when the presenters talk about the cost of parking during presentations. Parking in my town costs £2.50 for an hour, I could probably make about 8 purchases in that time. If I made 8 purchases from QVC with an average p+p costing £4.45 I know I am better off shopping on the high st and paying £2.50 for the parking, the petrol wouldn't even equate to the cost of p+p QVC charge..

What annoys me is when the presenters talk about the cost of parking during presentations. Parking in my town costs £2.50 for an hour, I could probably make about 8 purchases in that time. If I made 8 purchases from QVC with an average p+p costing £4.45 I know I am better off shopping on the high st and paying £2.50 for the parking, the petrol wouldn't even equate to the cost of p+p QVC charge..[/QUOTE]

ditto to all that...I go into Nottm on my bus pass and can stay there all day if I so please (or until cash runs out at least!) and no ****** P & P to pay on any of my purchases!

PS...if I could buy ABC Skinwash anywhere locally, I don't think I'd be using QVC AT ALL!!

At last another thread about P & P, life wouldn't be the same without at least one a week. QVC take note everyone is fed up with paying extortionate charges when every other website can do free or very minimal charges and deliver quicker than you. Even if QVC set a minimum amount of say a £30 spend and then free P & P that would be better than nothing.

Next can manage next day delivery for any size of order for £3.99 and its the same delivery service QVC use in my area!

Mine too. Same lady delivers it.

How many people are like me and watch things on La Q to see what I fancy and then jump to t'internet and see where I can get it cheaper???

Last edited:
I am another one for whom the P&P costs save me money. I always factor in the P&P when seeing how much anything costs from anywhere and QVC charges are so high that any advantage they have over competitor's be they on line or in the high street is lost

An example I use Elemis skin care and love PCMC the 100ml anniversary pot on QVC including postage is £102.97 in Debenhams its £99 from the store or £102.99 delivered so where exactly is QVC's value there.
QVC are charging £5.45 P&P and Debenhams charge £3.99

Mine too. Same lady delivers it.

How many people are like me and watch things on La Q to see what I fancy and then jump to t'internet and see where I can get it cheaper???

I do that with anything I see anyway - whether it's on QVC, another internet site or the high street.

I also go looking for internet reviews of any new ranges QVC bring in just to see what people really think of them :smirk:

Just bumping this thread again.

The powers that be must be reading our remarks - Julia made quite a comment on it during the Gossip show last night (at about 12:30am ish if it's on video - think it was a ceramic watch in black or white) and emphasising how it's not just a case of sticking a stamp on and posting, it's the taking off the shelves, packing the item and then posting it. Plus it saves you the cost of getting bus/train/car into town and parking should you dare to venture on to the dreaded high street :bandit:

Having said that, I did order 3 tsvs today.....:wait:

However, just had a mega M&S delivery (most of which will probably go back) all free of charge and delivered on time on next day delivery. And no letters yet from them about the amount of returns !! Please take note if you are reading this, QVC-powers-that-be.

Latest posts

Back