Question rejected!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mam

Registered Shopper
I asked a question on the Q & A section of a Nails Inc set, wanting to know if the products contained Formaldehyde and or Toluene. Just received an email stating that my question would not be published as it did not meet their guidelines.

Are they honestly telling me that I'm not allowed to confirm the ingredients before purchasing a product???

Perhaps they are worried people will find out what is actually in the polish!!!!! Then decide they don't want to buy it.

The answer is yes Nails Inc do continue both.

The only brand I know which does not is Essie. It even has the bunny symbol on the bottle.

Same thing happened to me when I asked if their Kings Realm products where from free range animals ...... make your own conclusion .... !!!

Perhaps they are worried people will find out what is actually in the polish!!!!! Then decide they don't want to buy it.

The answer is yes Nails Inc do continue both.

The only brand I know which does not is Essie. It even has the bunny symbol on the bottle.

Thank you so much Donna. Essie it is then!

Nail polish has that stuff in it??!! **runs off to get the polish remover** :sweat:

Thanks for the info and I shall no longer be painting my 6 year old daughters nails (probs not my own either unless it's with Essie)....especially as she bites them!.....yuk!

xxx

I got the Green Beauty bible free with some Une purchases in Boots and it has a section on nail polishes, there are quite a few that are pretty green and organic, some I have never heard of. I'll try and pop back on tomorrow and post the names of them.

Hi guys

Another brand that is free from Toluene, DBP & Formaldehyde is Creative Nail Design (CND).

They do around 50 colours and then you buy effects to layer on top of them, think Nails Inc has just brought something like this out too.

I use them in manicure/pedicure and have liked the colours & effects.

Hope this helps!

Rich :)

I posted a question and it was never answered about whether there was a particular ingredient in an SBC product. Thankfully it was kindly answered on here when I queried it on here, but surely guest presenters should look through the questions and answer them - that would be useful!

Let's put it this way... if QVC had done their job properly you wouldn't need to ask! Ingerdients would all be listed in the product info!!

I wonder how long or how much you would have to use for it to effect you and how much of this stuff they put in the nail polishes?

Butter London nail polishes are free of nasties, too, and they do fabulous colours.

There is also aomething in Seche Vite that the state of California (I think) has banned as it causes defects in babies.

My question was never published, all I asked was if Bare Escentuals were going to provide pure radiance via QVC as I have not seen it and needed a replacement. They also told me my user name was no longer valid??????????????????????????

My question was never published, all I asked was if Bare Escentuals were going to provide pure radiance via QVC as I have not seen it and needed a replacement. They also told me my user name was no longer valid??????????????????????????

Oh dear: what HAVE you been doing to wind them up?!? :thinking:

Here is a link to a site which shows the ingredients for Leighton Denny polishes. I've just looked up an example. This may help.

https://shop.helenmarks.co.uk/leighton-denny/bronzed_babe_lde229

:wave:

I've just checked and OPI has never coontained formaldehyde and no longer has tuolene.

My sister can use thes and she is very allergic to these two ingredients.

OPI's products did have formaldehyde in them, not sure if they've taken that out now. I've used Zoya, comes in great colours and lasts well, no nasties.

Latest posts

Back