QVC beauty brands and animal testing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hippygirl

Registered Shopper
Forgive me if this has been discussed before although since policies and laws are always changing there is probably new info. I have decided to make the change to cruelty- free cosmetics and skincare etc. I know about sites such as PETA but some QVC brands do not appear on the lists and some of the issues are complex eg a cruelty- free brand eg Liz Earle being owned by a company that does test on animals, or cruelty- free brands being sold in China. So......I just wondered if some of you greatly knowledgable and wise forum users had any tips and advice? I don't buy exclusively from QVC for beauty but most of the brands I use are sold by QVC.

The one you really look for its the bunny logo,PETA is not the end all.

L'Occitane lost their bunny because they sell to China, but they do not test themselves.

Marks and Spencer own brand cosmetics all have the bunny logo.

WEN the hair care brand is on the International list but don't have a bunny.

Gatineau are owned by Revlon the US company who do test.

The ruling was from the EU it was banned for cosmetics, so any brand made within the EU and not allowed to farm out to have others test on their behalf.

Elemis does not have the bunny as some ingredients do not meet the cut off point, so may have been tested by others before they used them in their products.

To be honest its the US brands you have to worry about. Smashbox had the bunny and PETA approved but then because Estee Lauder bought them they lost it as they sell in China.

Too Faced a Canadian brand not on QVC is no animal testing. Urban Decay is safe.

Prai is totally safe, as is the Body Shop. To be honest it's easy to research brands now thanks to the Internet, there are many safe brands out there and like I say with the Internet it's easy to find out the safe options. I haven't bought from QVC for a couple of years now because I became more aware that QVC is as far from ethical as you can get and that made me uncomfortable. Some of their "designers" sell real fur too in Americs, Dennis Basso funds his sumptuous life style out of it, so does Bob Mackie, so in all honesty I steer clear of QVC apart from them being the most expensive place to shop, they have no morals or compassion, the almighty dollar comes first and foremost.

The one you really look for its the bunny logo,PETA is not the end all.

L'Occitane lost their bunny because they sell to China, but they do not test themselves.

Marks and Spencer own brand cosmetics all have the bunny logo.

WEN the hair care brand is on the International list but don't have a bunny.

Gatineau are owned by Revlon the US company who do test.

The ruling was from the EU it was banned for cosmetics, so any brand made within the EU and not allowed to farm out to have others test on their behalf.

Elemis does not have the bunny as some ingredients do not meet the cut off point, so may have been tested by others before they used them in their products.

To be honest its the US brands you have to worry about. Smashbox had the bunny and PETA approved but then because Estee Lauder bought them they lost it as they sell in China.

Too Faced a Canadian brand not on QVC is no animal testing. Urban Decay is safe.

I believe Urban Decay is now owned by L'Oreal and is sold in China.

Made in China means nothing. Strange but true, products made in China and sold worldwide are not tested. Yet brands from the rest of the world who want to sell to China they demand are tested.

PETA are strange, they do not believe in pet ownership and ready put down animals. Also went the King's Speak was being made the wardrobe head spoke to PETA and asked about using vintage fur. PETA had no problem with this as the animal had been killed decades before. I found that one really strange indeed.

I only buy brands that are leaping bunny certified through cruelty free international, that certification subjects the companies to audits. Peta I believe just requires companies to submit a self declaration I don't think any validation is carried out. Companies that claim they don't test/have others test I don't trust if they've not bothered to get audited and certified. Liz Earle and bellapierre have cruelty free leaping bunny certification, that's about the only ones on qvc.

Latest posts

Back