QVC beauty-hybrid or brand-loyal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anyone is interested, Beautypedia has now added Liz Earle to their brand reviews section. Whether you take notice of what Paula says or not, it does make for interesting reading. ( she is not very complimentary )

Not brand loyal at all. I like to try lots of things, but to be honest I've not found anything that's made a dramatic enough difference for me to stick to it (either premium or cheaper brands). Cleansing is currently Superdrugs hot cloth cleanser. I prefer it to liz earle now. I skis like the Nspa one. Sometimes I use good old Anne French cleansing milk! I don't bother with toner often. I've been using Trilogy Rosehip oil at night and currently Decleor Hydrafloral light cream during the day. When this finishes though I will go back to Boots Botanics Organic day cream, which was just as good. Sometimes I use BE foundation but sometimes I think it makes me look dry. I'm currently using Boots Botsnics BB cream. It has the most brilliant coverage and finish of all of the Bb creams I've tried.

If anyone is interested, Beautypedia has now added Liz Earle to their brand reviews section. Whether you take notice of what Paula says or not, it does make for interesting reading. ( she is not very complimentary )

Thanks for this post, the reviews of liz Earle products are not good are they! I was stunned by the comments about C&P, I have very sensitive skin and her products and Elemis ones I never have a problem with, I do tend to stick to these brands but do like that seller on the bay who sells the cleansing balm that Vienna mentioned on here a while back, have gone right off Q's offerings lately, and find I hardly watch now, x

I like trying different things. But am a big fan of Judith Williams and like the Decleor night balms and some Alpha A which I have been using over the summer. I can't use the Eleimis PCM cream for some reason it gives me angry red thread veins, but I like some of the body products they do. although Keeley tends to put me off buying sometimes. I like high street stuff too though. I think the superdrug hot cloth cleanser is every bit as good as the LE one, but I do like the LE skin tonic.

Many complain that Paula does not actually do the reviewing any more but her minions do. Too busy with her empire. In fact how she looks at things is:

The list of ingredients and its 'Oh that can cause this that and the other' , then next product. This has always been the fact. Never skin tested etc on a group of women to see how or who had reactions.

Did you all know that????

I'm hugely product loyal if not brand loyal. I like different cleansers for different skin moods. I like a hot cloth cleanser, a balm and a wash off cleanser. My balm of choice now is the new Elemis but its used to be Neals Yard or ESPA but mainly NY. I've tried a few alternatives but C&P really does get my vote. For the wash off cleanser it has to be Neals Yard rose and I've never bothered to try anything else.

Toner has to be IBST. I'm not interested in finding an alternative.

I've used PCMC for years but have dithered a bit recently and do really like the beauty pick of the month from L'Occitane but whether in the long term I'll move away from PCMC remains to be seen.

BUT I used a lot of products that QVC sell before I'd even heard of QVC. Elemis, Liz Earle and Bare Minerals were all products I used anyway. I think Laura Geller and Gatineau are the only two brands that I've bought the I didn't already know of.

I'm not brand loyal but can be product loyal. Some Elemis suits my skin as does the Decleor oils and balm. I also find that my skin can tolerate products from Avene, Eucerin, and la roache Posey. And l currently use a mixture of these products depending on what l think my skin needs.

I have bought beauty products from Q but not as much now. Mainly l stick to a TSV if it's a brand that suits me and l have to be able to use most, if not all, of the products. I have never been lucky buying make up from Q. it either cakes on me, not the right shade or makes my face itch (bare minerals). I buy most of my make up from the dreaded high street. For foundation and blush l have found Armarni Luminous silk and maestro suit me the best (now that Prescriptives is no longer). Other make up is a mixture of Clinique CC cream (for ironically my non make up days lol), Chanel, Guerlain. I love Armarni lipsticks they are as light as a feather and feel moisturising. I have had my eye on a couple of Tom ford items but keep talking myself out of them

The thing with La Mer is, Estee Lauder bought the brand some years back and many complain the product is not as good. Some even say watered down. My hairdresser loved the brand but says she would not longer use it now.

Nivea the blue packaging made in Germany(in the US their version is not suppose to be as good, so they used to ask people to custom buy and send to them on the beauty boards), rumour had it was as good as La Mer!!!!! Sorry but I couldn't use either as I know they are too rich for me and no doubt roseaca will hate.

In interesting read, thanks Vienna. The problem for me would be that I can't bear the smell of Nivea, never could, and the thought of putting it on my face makes me feel a bit sick, yes that bad.
What are everyone's thoughts on mineral oil in products? some say good and others say bad.

Ooh I saw the Lidl BB cream yesterday but talked myself out of it! I'd be interested to know what you think of it WG.

Liking it so far Akimbo. I can seen no difference in quality or texture than the much more expensive brands. So an absolute bargain at £1.99. It's in my make up bag now along with my Judith Williams magic make up for the days I don't want to bother with foundation.

My Judith Williams TSV arrived and I am so impressed with the value for money. The sizes are huge and I know I will use every single product.

Gosh you sure know your stuff!

All my life I have had supersensitive skin, even standing beside someone wearing perfume set me off for weeks. Consequently I used the only cleanser and moisturer which wasn't too bad which just happened to be a £1.99 (then) M&S. Even though I could barely afford it at the time, I bought a full range of Clinique but even that caused problems.
Wore very little makeup for the same reason therefore am not at all confident applying it. Once or twice I bought a TSV from Q but other than 1 lot of C&P never used them as I didn't want to start it off.

Despite this I have pretty good skin which makes me think it is the moisturer which is important as I always used it as my skin was dry and sore.

Even now I only use unperfumed shower gel Simple,

Now the good news is that at the ripe old age of 62. I seem to have less problems - so I have been open to trying a few bits and bobs.

I liked the Pria serum but it seems to be replaced by an antiwrinkle serum. I bought what was shown as the original from E. bay but when it arrived it was the antiwrinkle stuff which I didn't like as much. There was no return address in the parcel so it was my first and only purchase off the bay and was not impressed.

I. got some Rodel from Q and quite like it
I got some Mally eye liners and liked the product but not the colours
I am using Clinique foundation but don't think will purchase again.
I tried a starter kit for Bare mineral. but it was not for me.
I ordered from Q and received today, Daniel Sandler liquid blush so will have a go at it.

I would love a professional make up session. and lesson but afraid. they would use sometthing which would set me off again. Also some of the girls on those counters would frighten the animals!

Pet hate of mine is lippy on cups and glasses so used Max Factor infinity (?) but it seems different now so looking for a replacement - any suggestions.

So at 62 I am a novice and probably too old for anything too obvious - life is a bitch (and then you marry one!)

Last edited:
Pet hate of mine is lippy on cups and glasses so used Max Factor infinity (?) but it seems different now so looking for a replacement - any suggestions.
LOTI, my current favourite is Maybelline 24 hour, it really does stay from anywhere morning till lunchtime and even till the end of the day. No stains on cups or glasses. May take some effort to remove though. I buy it from Boots and it's very often on 3 for the price of 2 offer.

Latest posts

Back