QVC Easy Pay Beware charging twice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
I recently ordered an LG TV One Time Only and the Dell Netbook Duo both on easy pay. Today I tried to buy something on eBay and my card did not work, didn't understand why, anyway I checked my bank account and QVC have taken the first payment of both items TWICE taking me overdrawn. I phoned QVC and was told they can not do anything till tomorrow when the finance department are in. So with direct debits due tomorrow QVC will have a lot of bank charges to reimburse.

I recently ordered an LG TV One Time Only and the Dell Netbook Duo both on easy pay. Today I tried to buy something on eBay and my card did not work, didn't understand why, anyway I checked my bank account and QVC have taken the first payment of both items TWICE taking me overdrawn. I phoned QVC and was told they can not do anything till tomorrow when the finance department are in. So with direct debits due tomorrow QVC will have a lot of bank charges to reimburse.

Yes they have done the same to me with the dell laptop tsv and various sets of yankee candles, amongst other items....... Now I have an overdrawn account and no access to any money over the weekend. Thanks a bunch QVC..:devil:

****** Hell!

If they can take your money over the weekend, why can't they do refunds?

After all, they can see that they've overcharged you.

I think you deserve compensation as well as a refund and your charges paid for: they've reneged on their sales agreement, after all.

I ordered the last Elemis TSV which was on easy pay. They took the full amount, good job I only ordered one. I complained and they replied saying the finance department would manually try to change to easy pay for me. Never happened.

So Graham good luck with the finance department.

I ordered the last Elemis TSV which was on easy pay. They took the full amount, good job I only ordered one. I complained and they replied saying the finance department would manually try to change to easy pay for me. Never happened.

So Graham good luck with the finance department.

Lol thanks Donna :) think this will turn into a front page story!

Go for it G!! :nod: I can feel another sticky in the offing... :devil:

Sorry hon but I don't do smut. :mysmilie_50:

Anyway, back on topic....

I have had this several times with easypays. Where it looked like its gone through twice, but only one amount actually hit my account, the other sat as pending for a few days then dropped off.

I have had this several times with easypays. Where it looked like its gone through twice, but only one amount actually hit my account, the other sat as pending for a few days then dropped off.

Mine are both actually on my account in the list of transactions and the bank said they could take up to month to get back if QVC do not agree to do it. Was too late to cancel the 8 Direct Debits / Standing Orders so my account is going to be in an even worse mess tomorrow :(

After reading this thread, I went and checked my bank account and guess what ......... QVC have taken out double amounts for 2 products I ordered recently. One was on 2 easy pays and this was the final payment and the other item was not on easy pay but they've still taken out the amount twice.

I rang CS and was told there had been a blip on the computer system on 12th January (my account shows the money was taken out on 15th) but that they are now working closely with the banks to refund all those affected. (There are probably thousands of us) I asked how many weeks we would have to wait for the money and he said 'oh we're not talking about weeks, it should be within a matter of days."

Well, it had better be a matter of days is all I can say !!!!!! :headbang:

And maybe it's worth checking your accounts to make sure you've not been subjected to the same 'efficient' service.

Thanks QVC .......... for nothing!

Blimey Graham, hope you get it sorted out!!! Make sure they pay you any bank charges you end up with as a result of their error!!! Good luck!!

This is why I keep a large overdraft facility on my account. I never deliberately use it myself, but if someone else messes up I don't have the hassle of trying to get charges refunded.

This has worried me now as I dont check like I should. I wish QV would have available on your account a statement so that you know exactly what you have spent and what is still outstanding with easy pays etc. I have so many easy pays coming out that it is hard to keep a track of it all.

This has worried me now as I dont check like I should. I wish QV would have available on your account a statement so that you know exactly what you have spent and what is still outstanding with easy pays etc. I have so many easy pays coming out that it is hard to keep a track of it all.

Snowstorm, i was in the same postion re easi-pays a few months or so ago and have started keeping a note(i bought a small notebook in Asda -29p) i take a note when i buy and how many easi-pays are involved, i tick off when the money is taken from my account - this also encourages me to check my account. So sorry to read about Graham and co's situation re double payments being taken - i hope all is sorted out and QVC reimburse re any sundry payments(bank charges etc). For such a big organisation this sort of thing should never happen - please please everybody check your accountsxx

I've never checked on the state of the easy pays coming out of my bank a/c having always assumed that Qvc would handle it correctly. However that will now change! I'll either forego using easy pays or keep a close watch on what's taken and when.
A big outfit like Qvc should really be able to be trusted to get something so basic right. I wonder if it ever works in the customers favour and no payments are ever taken? Doubts!
As Snowstorm said, there should be a way to check your Qvc a/c and see what's coming off and when.

I have to say I'm also slightly concerned as I've always trusted QVC to just take the payment for easy pays as agreed - ashamed to say,that I don't keep such a close eye,that I possibly should.This has really put me off using easypay.

Latest posts

Back