QVC experiences can be written on Secret Shopper website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nope it is not a secret, my family would need to be walking round with their heads in the clouds not to know about this site as I am forever leaving it up on the PC screen!

That's how I would have imagined it. When I'm on I'm usually telling them about it as I read. My daughter asks about the members she knows etc.

I talk to randoms about it too though. I was talking about this place to a fab lady in front of me in the queue in M&S recently. She had a lovely looking KVZ bag on her shoulder and I really :blush: wanted to feel the "leather" and ask what she thought of it, so I struck up a conversation. (like you do. :wink:) I would also never have known that my auntie was a total bibbylicious craft nut if I hadn't made reference to this place one day. *waves in case she's reading* :hi:

:hi: Lovely M&S Lady if you're still lurking, come out to play! :sun:

This site is a sort of dirty little secret that you don't speak to your workmates, family and friends about? :wink:

Blimey. I'm surprised to hear that.:confused: Don't you find that it comes up in conversation? I'm always talking about it. I may not spend as much time here as some of you, but everybody in my life knows about it. When I pas on info about TSVs etc I always say I read it on here.
Don't be obtuse. Of course it's not a dirty little secret but it's not necessarily a topic of general conversation either. I discuss the shopping channels with anybody if it comes up in conversation but not in the context of who said what about them on here. Unless people I know are members of ST as well it would be pretty meaningless discussing an internet site with them that they didn't belong to. I know my neighbour belongs to a site where they discuss steam trains :mysmilie_466:but he wouldn't bore the arse off me by talking about it, so I return the favour.

I understand why some people may find this place daunting, draining and depressing but I'm not embarrassed about my participation in it, and I don't hide it from anybody. :sun:
You can't resist your little digs about this site can you but all done in the guise of asteism, but oh so transparent. :rolleyes:

You can't resist your little digs about this site can you but all done in the guise of asteism, but oh so transparent. :rolleyes:

I don't know what asteism is, I guess it's a typo, but I couldn't guess what you meant.

I always try to be straightforward and "transparent" as you put it, but I'm not digging at anyone. Joshing p'raps? :sun: It can be hard to read tone on a message board.

It's certainly possible that you know people who lurk here too. I didn't know that the girls at work lurked on here until I mentioned it.

There's nothing wrong with talking about our interests, how else are we going to find like-minded peeps who share them?

That's why I was so surprised when a regular poster like you said she didn't speak to people about it.

I don't know what asteism is, I guess it's a typo, but I couldn't guess what you meant.

I always try to be straightforward and "transparent" as you put it, but I'm not digging at anyone. Joshing p'raps? :sun: It can be hard to read tone on a message board. It's certainly possible that you know people who lurk here too. I didn't know that the girls at work lurked on here until I mentioned it.

There's nothing wrong with talking about our interests, how else are we going to find like-minded peeps who share them?

That's why I was so surprised when a regular poster like you said she didn't speak to people about it.

I think the tone is pretty clear, Love A'Kin. PPC, I ask again - WHY are you just so nasty?

I believe it means putting someone (or in this case something) down but in a polite manner.

I always try to be straightforward and "transparent" as you put it, but I'm not digging at anyone. Joshing p'raps? :sun: It can be hard to read tone on a message board.

It's certainly possible that you know people who lurk here too. I didn't know that the girls at work lurked on here until I mentioned it.

For me, it's all part of the ST experience, I love the variety of opinion on here and I have made some great friends too.

I find this site informative & have learnt a lot since being a member. I think that all of us on here see QVC without the rose tinted glasses. I do however at times hate some of the back biting that sems to go on.

:sad:

Just to put my 2p in:wave: I never feel anyone has a go at me or feel any negativity,here.I was shot down in my first couple of posts - but loved the place so much,I decided to keep on posting.I dip in and out the posts - and feel able to say the things I want to say - albeit,I try to say it nicely :blush:

I don't think this forum is anywhere as "nasty" as some forums can be - have you seen the Ebay one?? *shudders*.

I even wrote quite a heartfelt thread here,about my little debt that I keep (kept) secret from my hubby.The thread could have been laughed at,poked fun at,people being really nasty about what a silly thread was......but I found everyone to be so lovely and very supportive - and any negativity,if had been felt,wasn't written.

I did write on the QVC review on Mary P's site - and I did it under my real name.I'm disappointed that people are abusing the system,by using forum names used here to write untrue comments.My comments were factual and TBH,nothing to do with this forum.I can only guess that the people who are abusing the system,are QVC workers.However,the series has been made - none of these comments are going to be picked up on- certainly not in this series - whether she will form another series of the basis of all these reviews on her website,remains to be seen.

Yes there's a bit of squabbling that happens on here from time to time. We've all got strong opinions and aren't and shouldn't be afraid to air them!
When push comes to shove though ~ as rainbowdottie said ~ this forum is full of very supportive people who in times of need are there to offer advice and a shoulder if need be.
I'm not quite sure why ST has been singled out as a particularly bitchy forum ~ I peruse Digital Spy from time to time (I don't post) and some of the comments on there have to be seen to be believed!
The one comment I would make about ST is that some posters imo seem to be allowed to get away with a lot more 'negativity' than others!

Yes there's a bit of squabbling that happens on here from time to time. We've all got strong opinions and aren't and shouldn't be afraid to air them!
When push comes to shove though ~ as rainbowdottie said ~ this forum is full of very supportive people who in times of need are there to offer advice and a shoulder if need be.
I'm not quite sure why ST has been singled out as a particularly bitchy forum ~ I peruse Digital Spy from time to time (I don't post) and some of the comments on there have to be seen to be believed!
The one comment I would make about ST is that some posters imo seem to be allowed to get away with a lot more 'negativity' than others!

Yes, but I do lighten me posts with a joke now and then, PP, not to mention a blingy pic or two, and if the QVC CEO can cope with my distorting his personal life in my flights of fancy, I'm a happy (albeit sad) bunny....in a positively negative way, that's also negatively positive; just as QVC fashion fits a tallish, shortish woman, with fattish, slimmish tendencies. Um.

I'm not quite sure why ST has been singled out as a particularly bitchy forum ~ I peruse Digital Spy from time to time (I don't post) and some of the comments on there have to be seen to be believed!The one comment I would make about ST is that some posters imo seem to be allowed to get away with a lot more 'negativity' than others!

Agree ,but the site is VERY heavily moderated and threads are closed regularly if they get too nasty.

We don't moderate people because they are too negative or positive for that matter, everyone is entitled to post their opinion be it negative or positive.

We don't moderate people because they are too negative or positive for that matter, everyone is entitled to post their opinion be it negative or positive.

Do you moderate FMs' behavoiur towards others, Sazza? Those who insult and use expressions like "feck off", call FMs "obtuse" or "idiots" for example? Is there a general code of behaviour like many other forums have?

I think I worded my statement wrongly! I meant some posters imo seem to get away with unpleasant comments towards other fm's posts while others imo are quickly clamped down.

Just to clarify, Sazza. I had a negative report on my blood results, but I'm quite positive about my ability to live with negatively charged venous fluid. Should I post positively about my negativity, or would you rather I remained negative, although in a positive way?
Confused? You will be.
All this, and much more, will be answered on this week's episode of The Forum.
Do do do do do do do do do (that's the theme tune to Soap, by the way...)

I think compared to some other forums this one is a lovely one.
I agree with the poster about the eBay forums - there's a nasty little underclass there who seem to rule from within.
I've also found you get jumped on on Digital spy and also Moneysavingexpert - usually by people who either read your posts wrongly or who think they know everythign when they don't :giggle:

It's a bugbear of mine, people stating things as if they are fact when they aren't :angel:

I co-run a couple of forums too and like this one, we don't come the heavy-handed moderation and everyone seems to get on, I think I've only banned one person! Had to put some e-sellotape over someone else's keyboard for 24 hours and that was it. :grin:

Just to clarify, Sazza. I had a negative report on my blood results, but I'm quite positive about my ability to live with negatively charged venous fluid. Should I post positively about my negativity, or would you rather I remained negative, although in a positive way?
Confused? You will be.
All this, and much more, will be answered on this week's episode of The Forum.
Do do do do do do do do do (that's the theme tune to Soap, by the way...)

I heart you, YoPuss x

I think compared to some other forums this one is a lovely one.
I agree with the poster about the eBay forums - there's a nasty little underclass there who seem to rule from within.
I've also found you get jumped on on Digital spy and also Moneysavingexpert - usually by people who either read your posts wrongly or who think they know everythign when they don't :giggle:

It's a bugbear of mine
, people stating things as if they are fact when they aren't :angel:

I co-run a couple of forums too and like this one, we don't come the heavy-handed moderation and everyone seems to get on, I think I've only banned one person! Had to put some e-sellotape over someone else's keyboard for 24 hours and that was it. :grin:

thats my brother, BuGbeaR :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back