QVC fashion?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
I'm off work on leave at the moment and am watching QVC for the first time in ages. Fashion is usually an area I avoid but am strangely unable to switch over, I'm entranced by the models, presenters and style gurus. I'm not for one minute tempted, the prices are extortionate for basic acrylic knits and the never ending tunics and dresses on offer, which are shapeless, old fashioned and unflattering (even for the tall, thin models). I'm intrigued to know who buys this and why. It's not as if it's value for money, it's anything but. I don't think I've seen a single pure wool, cashmere or cotton item yet. The static in the QVC studio must be reaching danger levels:mysmilie_17:

The postage is ridiculous and I expect the inconvenience of returning items must be a real pain, so who would be tempted? I have bought several clothing items online which I've regretted later but they've been delivered to my local stores where I've returned them free of any postage charges...a much more practical and economical way of shopping, in my opinion. Is it the small number of people who can't shop on line that are their main demographic? Poor souls having this lame choice.

I buy Kim & Co tops and jumpers - they wash well and last the test of time.

I also wear Diane Gilman jeans, Tiana B dresses and have some Marlawynne items.

In all my days of travelling to conferences, management meetings etc no one ever indicated I looked like a 'poor soul' for my choice of clothes.

Yes, like all department stores, there are crazy patterns etc that don't appeal to me... but I just pass those by and choose the things that I like.... and for business travel, Kim & Co tops and dresses can't be beaten for practicality.

I love SOME of the Q fashion and long may it continue.

I'm having a look in, although little has tempted me but I'm also looking in on the Beauty Live thing on the Beauty channel. Not sure why QVC have sheduled these two events at the same time.

QVC did it to themselves again though, I would have likely placed an order for the Stinger Micro boot, which I really liked but by the time I'd found out what I wanted to know, they were off easy pay. I've lost count how often this has happened now, although it did me a favour once I realised how much the P&P would have been if they didn't fit and needed to go back!

I watched the knitwear show but it was all acrylic from what I could see which makes my hair go flyaway with static.Wish I was able to wear them but was not tempted.

In Primark they have some very acceptable long chunky knitwear much cheaper than Q.

I have worn some Q clothes ,not so much recently and nobody has ever remarked on them being awful,but I steer clear of the shark bites and lurid patterns.These days that doesn't leave very much.

Each to their own, it's certainly not my taste. The brands mentioned by Tiddlywinks which she likes are the ones I like least :doh: . Sorry for implying you are a poor soul, Tiddlywink. I'm sure you're very happy in your style choices and will accept we can't all like the same things.

Like Tiddlywinks, I too have a few items of Kim & Co, and I have a few items from other designers. like Yong Kim but I always order when they are on special offers. I have bought a Lulu G bag, I have bought fine jewelry ( I have this clogau gold ring
XXOLDR06t.jpg
which was cheaper than from them direct and they are in sale now, and I still got it a lot cheaper,) and fashion jewelry from Lola Rose and others.I have bought lots of Elemis and other brands, I have bought Birkenstocks and other footwear and lots of other stuff.

Why do I buy them? One is they offer 30 days returns where you can actually wear them and return them within 30 days with no penalty...which other high street shops offer this? Fair enough, we loose out on postage, but that is the risk we take. QVC offers me the chance to try out brands and designs that otherwise I would not have known or would be able to try out. I grumble a lot about QVC, but I know I have the choice to buy or not to buy. All our grumbles and groans are in the hope that QVC will improve their service.

Another reason why I buy things from them is I can't go shopping in the high street as much as I once did....and the orders come straight to my house and there is a choice of paying for them in easy payments if I wanted to, and they come to collect heavy items from me with no extra cost.
And as I have mentioned, I only buy the items when I think they are good value and cheaper than the high street shops or if I cannot get them anywhere else other than the Q.
I hope I have answered your query, Huggles :happy:

It's like everywhere, some are woeful and some are much as DHS.

Plus point is range of sizes (most HS stores seem to resent stocking anything over a 14 despite saying they go to 18)

But the very big minus is that the garments are at least 10/15 quid dearer than HS equivalent AND then could be another £6 postage.

I do think that the quality of everything, shoes, bags, clothes, other bits, has reduced greatly in the past 5 years.

I watch very few live shows so I see very little of their fashion. It just doesn`t appeal to me but mainly because I`m tall and body lengths, skirt lengths, trouser lengths and sleeve lengths are always a problem and also because so much of their fashion is either loose and baggy, sharkbite, hi/lo, too short or with garish patterns and I suit none of those things.
I simply have to try stuff before I buy and with their high p and p costs and the trouble and cost of returning items, I can`t be bothered, even if there was something which caught my eye. I`m one of those women who could take 4 dresses into a fitting room, all the same size and one would be too short in length, one would have the waistline under my bust instead of where it should be, one would have too short sleeves and if I were lucky, the 4th one might fit ok. It`s the same with trousers and I`ve lost count of the many tops which are supposed to sit at hip length but on me they sit waist high or even higher !

Like Tiddlywinks, I too have a few items of Kim & Co, and I have a few items from other designers. like Yong Kim but I always order when they are on special offers. I have bought a Lulu G bag, I have bought fine jewelry ( I have this clogau gold ring
XXOLDR06t.jpg
which was cheaper than from them direct and they are in sale now, and I still got it a lot cheaper,) and fashion jewelry from Lola Rose and others.I have bought lots of Elemis and other brands, I have bought Birkenstocks and other footwear and lots of other stuff.

Why do I buy them? One is they offer 30 days returns where you can actually wear them and return them within 30 days with no penalty...which other high street shops offer this? Fair enough, we loose out on postage, but that is the risk we take. QVC offers me the chance to try out brands and designs that otherwise I would not have known or would be able to try out. I grumble a lot about QVC, but I know I have the choice to buy or not to buy. All our grumbles and groans are in the hope that QVC will improve their service.

Another reason why I buy things from them is I can't go shopping in the high street as much as I once did....and the orders come straight to my house and there is a choice of paying for them in easy payments if I wanted to, and they come to collect heavy items from me with no extra cost.
And as I have mentioned, I only buy the items when I think they are good value and cheaper than the high street shops or if I cannot get them anywhere else other than the Q.
I hope I have answered your query, Huggles :happy:

i have that clogau ring bought it from qvc

I did buy a lot in the early days - Dreamkeeper had beautiful 20's style jackets with fringing (not the robey shawly stuff of nowadays), Indigo Moon did some really quirky jackets - not the rhinestone stuff, but again fringed velvet numbers, - yes Kim & Co dresses do suit my figure, but I'm careful about choosing the prints. The other stuff like Nina L, Attitudes by R, Marc Bouer have ended up in the charity bag. I also like the Ronni Nicole dresses, but their sizing is dire, and the buyers do bugger all about it. Its mentioned all the time they come up short and the sizes only go up in 1" increments, ridiculous.

I have rarely bought for the past few years, its not only the p&p but also the return charge, which means you fork out roughly 10 quid just for trying something on. Nah !

Why do I buy them? One is they offer 30 days returns where you can actually wear them and return them within 30 days with no penalty...which other high street shops offer this? Fair enough, we loose out on postage, but that is the risk we take. QVC offers me the chance to try out brands and designs that otherwise I would not have known or would be able to try out

The problem is that's not entirely true as those who have received "The Letter" can attest. Because of that, I now won't buy anything from QVC that I don't already know or feel almost certain I'm going to like and want to keep. It's their loss in the long run as they're losing those sales to other retailers, MBG or not.

I've bought Kim & Co, although quality isn't as good now, Ronni Nicole and lately Nina Leonard, which are very good quality. One thing I would say is that the presenters are always wittering on about how wonderful all the clothes are for holidays but they are most definitely NOT. I was away to a hot place and took my QVC clothes and all they did was stick to me and made me very hot and sweaty. They are no good for hot weather although to be fair they do pack well. Fine for the UK, which is where I am most of my time.

CC

I have bought a few things over the years, most of which I've worn and love. The cotton sundresses from Casual & Co are great for holiday mooching. Kim & Co's fake denim leggings are brilliant. Her crepe shift dress is a classic for work too. Recently I've only bought things from Join. And I know some people hate that range with a passion.

I buy a few bits from Ronen Chen but tend not to buy from QVC but they do sell the three dresses I've bought in the last year or so. I can usually get them on offer elsewhere though.

QVC fashion ranges are no different to the high street to my mind. 90% of what's in Next, M&S or Dotty P's or wherever isn't me but then there's that one top, dress or jacket I love.

I think of myself as being the ideal customer for QVC. Time poor, a reasonable disposable income and not mad keen on Internet shopping.

I just don't buy clothes & footwear from Q now because most of my orders in the past have been returned so have made the rule not to buy unless I have tried something on & seen/felt the quality of the fabrics etc.But of course I have the time to shop around & have easy access to a wide range of shops, not everyone is as lucky.

When talking about QVC's "fashion," one uses the word very generously. Their offerings to the world of "fash" seem mainly to consist of heavily-printed Crimplene numbers, or sweaters and slacks designed to "appear slimming" or "cover lumps and bumps." I sometimes imagine a sea of lumpy-bumpy Paulines and Barbaras all sitting in their bungalows, tuning in to see the latest sequinned jumper from Quacker Factory, or a dreary dress from Michele "Barbie" Hope. Some of them probably have little get-togethers over a slice of Madeira cake in the conservatory. Then of course there's always Glen Campbell to tell them what's "on-trend" right now. His fashion sense and creativity knows no bounds. Dress it up! Dress it down! Safari look, nautical look. Throw on a pair of Birkenstocks - even if you're a man! I think Glen's signature tune has to be Huey Lewis and the News's "Hip to be Square."

I personally miss the late Lenny Feinberg, and although I know he's a figure of hate, I love to watch Dennis Basso! Everything about him is so repulsive it's hilarious. His faux coats look like the cheap coats from C&A did when I was a kid in the 90s! His growling bear persona is quite odd.

Don't watch QVC now but do channel hop on to it for a minute or two, just turned over to see Anne Dawson, she looks younger now than she did years ago with less wrinkles, either those QVC lotions and potions actually do work (ha!) or she's had a few cosmetic procedures, I'm going with the cosmetic procedures, hey I'm not knocking it she looks good, just wish she'd stop with the "yeh know?" every other minute.

Don't watch QVC now but do channel hop on to it for a minute or two, just turned over to see Anne Dawson, she looks younger now than she did years ago with less wrinkles, either those QVC lotions and potions actually do work (ha!) or she's had a few cosmetic procedures, I'm going with the cosmetic procedures, hey I'm not knocking it she looks good, just wish she'd stop with the "yeh know?" every other minute.

Her face was never a problem, it it her harsh voice she needs to work on.

I have bought a (very) few things from QVC fashion in the past. I still have a plain black Kim top, in the original heavy 'slinky' fabric and it's brilliant - washed loads and still keeps its shape and colour. It all seems very samey now, drapey tunics and baggy dresses, Diane Gilman jeans which I hate as even a size smaller than my normal is too big and ends up sliding down. It would be nice to have some cotton/linen/wool/silk occasionally. Even if I do spot something which looks quite nice, the price is too high for what's on offer.

Mind you, the DHS doesn't seem much better this season. Is it the year of the horse blanket?? I don't like the seasonal colours either, or they don't like me - browns and oranges are a no-no!

The P&P charges are off-putting and I don't need 30 days to decide with clothing - 2 mins is enough! This is where other mail order or store delivery wins hands down - can usually return for free, they have more sales and special offers and, in my experience, deliver faster.

Just glancing at this Coco (whatever) range they have on Sunday a.m.More stretchy tunics & pants--are these aimed at those ladies who cruise? I don't know as I only go on P&O Pride of Hull-- but one thing I do know to have a bold band print with stripes which do not match at the side seams (as in a tunic priced around £43 + p&p) was a NO NO when I used to be involved with a large High St. Chain store!

Just glancing at this Coco (whatever) range they have on Sunday a.m.More stretchy tunics & pants--are these aimed at those ladies who cruise? I don't know as I only go on P&O Pride of Hull-- but one thing I do know to have a bold band print with stripes which do not match at the side seams (as in a tunic priced around £43 + p&p) was a NO NO when I used to be involved with a large High St. Chain store!

Lol Silver Fox!! I cruise and I def don't wear all Qs stuff. Having said that a lot of the passengers on cruises are from the older age group and they do wear stuff that is probably from Q such as Quacker, those awful Cashmasoft cardis, Michelle Hope etc!! I do have a few Kim tops and one Nina top and an Annalee & Hope top but most of it just turns me off both in style terms and the prices they charge!! I haven't bought any "fashion" from Q for over a year now. I do like some of the Join and Yong Kim but its way too expensive! How do they justify the prices!! I like the look of some of the Marla Wynne but that is also a bit pricey and I would need to order several sizes so the p&p would be astronomical so won't bother!!

Latest posts

Back