Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

does a cracking Spanish accent too by all accounts, answers to the name of Juan Kerr!

It still amazes me Sally Jacks keeps claiming this 'northern bird' tag or in her accent 'nowvern bird'. She might be living in Lancashire these days but she sounds about as northern as Harry Redknapp.

@Hammy60 you missed caravan of love house martins!!:giggle:
🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻

A new watch brand that would have been right up IW's street.:ROFLMAO:

(for those that don't know, Ben has a youtube channel reviewing affordable side of watch collecting, but take great pleasure in taking the piss out of those brands claiming they make luxury watches but are just cheap Chinese junk, ie like Swan & Edgar)

Amazing. When you think you've seen the best ways to critique and have fun with these Chinese watch brands, then someone goes above and beyond and makes a truly top-notch piece of comedy, video, writing and excels at it. 10/10.

They even have a full website and store with the same comedy descriptions where I think you can buy the merchandise, even the Chinese watches they are taking the P out of... 😆

Scameti Store

Cart
11 item

Skip to product information
  • spaghettiscametiwebsitesquareproductshotshadowblue.jpg

Open media 1 in modal
  • DSC00798-LightroomEditSmaller.png

Open media 5 in modal
  • DSC00805-LightroomEditSmaller.png

Open media 6 in modal
  • DSC00811-LightroomEditSmaller.png

Open media 7 in modal
  • Spaghetti Scameti iCon Product Showcase Video

Open media 8 in modal
1/of5
SCAMETI.STORE

Spaghetti Scameti iCon Launch Edition​

9 reviews
Regular price£99.97 GBP Sale price£49.97 GBP
Sale
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

ColorSecret Sauce Dirty Dough Blackmail Bolognese Pasta Ponzi
QuantityDecrease quantity for Spaghetti Scameti iCon Launch EditionIncrease quantity for Spaghetti Scameti iCon Launch Edition
Add to cart
"Handcrafted" in the same Chinese factory as most other fashion watches, our exclusive Spaghetti Scameti iCon collection combines cringeworthy marketing and top-tier bottom-of-the-barrel performance. Make a statement by blowing your savings while we inflate your ego with inspirational, but ultimately meaningless, quotes and jargon.
Specifications:
  • TinSkin 3.0 Case - REVOLUTIONARY anti-scratch-resistant alloy.
  • 38mm Case Diameter – REVOLUTIONARY off-the-shelf case sizing.
  • 9.5mm Thickness – REVOLUTIONARY off-the-shelf case sizing.
  • Fragilite Crystal – REVOLUTIONARY outsourced "in-house" dial protection.
  • Luxury JAPANESE Citizen Miyota Quartz Movement – REVOLUTIONARY Rolex-killing performance.
  • 0ATM/0m Water Resistance Rating – REVOLUTIONARY Planned Obsolescence.
Exclusive Features:
  • 30-Second Warranty – Guaranteed to run out before you finish unboxing.
  • Eternity Shipping Program – Visionary next-decade delivery. If outside of the UK, your package will be classified as Delivered Duties Unpaid (DDU). You may owe customs duties and VAT in your country. If so, you may be contacted by your customs agency.
  • Certificate of Authenticity – The ultimate narcissism-enhancement device.
  • Middleman Elimination Confirmed - Undeniable evidence the middleman has been obliterated.

Yes, same here. Enjoy the food segments, like the Xmas selection, AndiP stuff, hampers, beef/steaks, Hotel Chocolat and mainly the Real Pie Company (which went bust or restarted under competitor I heard and moved from Kent/Sussex to Midlands somewhere).

Like looking at the pies full of meat ( but I read on here somewhere they are stuffed for TV and not always like that on delivery???). Always makes me hungry.

The presenters actually put me off when they start ooohing and ahhhing about how wonderful and superbly tasty the pie is... What croc. It's a pie with meat. It's not ambrosia of the gods

Then I work out the per pie/item price, and for lesser items like sausage rolls, factoring in their high p&p and it usually comes to over £3.50 per item and I realise I can get same or better for much less locally! And there's not enough room in the freezer for all the pies, steaks stuff I want anyway!!!! 🍕🍮🥧🥟 😚
something about cooking and telly, always enjoyed watching Rick Stein, James Martin, Masterchef, would I attempt to cook any of it....No.

you are right about the presenters, Rubber head, Mr Hayley was terrible (as in terribly false not just a terrible presenter) on IW when something was cooking, ridiculously false oooohs, it was verging on Frankie Howard!!

Tony, the American guy with the fitness stuff. Ponytail and baseball cap and ATTITOOD!! I remember him on QVC in the early 2000s... Unless I dreamed it, I also remember him storming off set when I think, a piece of his equipment snapped... His exercise equipment, that is..Re-recorded dodgy compilation CDs shows...Pagers, too. Dale Franklin receiving a 'you wan...' message on one live on air. Happy Days of tat and chaos now long gone- well apart from the tat.
His name was Tony Little. I bought a few thinks of his back in the day on Qvc.

Amazing. When you think you've seen the best ways to critique and have fun with these Chinese watch brands, then someone goes above and beyond and makes a truly top-notch piece of comedy, video, writing and excels at it. 10/10.

They even have a full website and store with the same comedy descriptions where I think you can buy the merchandise, even the Chinese watches they are taking the P out of... 😆

Scameti Store

Cart
11 item

Skip to product information
  • spaghettiscametiwebsitesquareproductshotshadowblue.jpg

Open media 1 in modal
  • DSC00798-LightroomEditSmaller.png

Open media 5 in modal
  • DSC00805-LightroomEditSmaller.png

Open media 6 in modal
  • DSC00811-LightroomEditSmaller.png

Open media 7 in modal
  • Spaghetti Scameti iCon Product Showcase Video

Open media 8 in modal
1/of5
SCAMETI.STORE

Spaghetti Scameti iCon Launch Edition​

9 reviews
Regular price£99.97 GBP Sale price£49.97 GBP
Sale
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

ColorSecret Sauce Dirty Dough Blackmail Bolognese Pasta Ponzi
QuantityDecrease quantity for Spaghetti Scameti iCon Launch EditionIncrease quantity for Spaghetti Scameti iCon Launch Edition
Add to cart
"Handcrafted" in the same Chinese factory as most other fashion watches, our exclusive Spaghetti Scameti iCon collection combines cringeworthy marketing and top-tier bottom-of-the-barrel performance. Make a statement by blowing your savings while we inflate your ego with inspirational, but ultimately meaningless, quotes and jargon.
Specifications:
  • TinSkin 3.0 Case - REVOLUTIONARY anti-scratch-resistant alloy.
  • 38mm Case Diameter – REVOLUTIONARY off-the-shelf case sizing.
  • 9.5mm Thickness – REVOLUTIONARY off-the-shelf case sizing.
  • Fragilite Crystal – REVOLUTIONARY outsourced "in-house" dial protection.
  • Luxury JAPANESE Citizen Miyota Quartz Movement – REVOLUTIONARY Rolex-killing performance.
  • 0ATM/0m Water Resistance Rating – REVOLUTIONARY Planned Obsolescence.
Exclusive Features:
  • 30-Second Warranty – Guaranteed to run out before you finish unboxing.
  • Eternity Shipping Program – Visionary next-decade delivery. If outside of the UK, your package will be classified as Delivered Duties Unpaid (DDU). You may owe customs duties and VAT in your country. If so, you may be contacted by your customs agency.
  • Certificate of Authenticity – The ultimate narcissism-enhancement device.
  • Middleman Elimination Confirmed - Undeniable evidence the middleman has been obliterated.
But I DO like the look of it, especially the octagon

But I DO like the look of it, especially the octagon
Lol. As someone said on the comments on the YT video, they'd not seen the octagon design on Alibaba/China catalogues before!

Ben is a talent. This vid in the style of Apple's Steve Jobs iPhone launch is so in-tune. The observations about collectors (VE springs to mind) is spot-on!

We should invite Ben into this forum, as he hits all the points I've seen mentioned, and more.

Lol. As someone said on the comments on the YT video, they'd not seen the octagon design on Alibaba/China catalogues before!

Ben is a talent. This vid in the style of Apple's Steve Jobs iPhone launch is so in-tune. The observations about collectors (VE springs to mind) is spot-on!

We should invite Ben into this forum, as he hits all the points I've seen mentioned, and more.

Like it

May I say the forum is great at the moment. Really enjoyable to be a part of it.

Yes, agreed. Thanks to all.

I feel I've joined a small community of similarly invested / interested / interesting people, with a common interest. 😀

At the risk of then redirecting us all elsewhere... watches on shopping TV got me into viewing all the shopping channels more, and as I've said before, the classic Eric Knowles appearance on IW made me search the web for similar comments and so I found this forum site.

So after recent discussions, then I searched for comments on Chinese watches, hyperbole, value and found a watch-related forum re Ideal World, Swan & Edgar, etc.

From the comments, I think some people here may be moonlighting? 😜

Then I found there are loads of watch discussion forums, general ones, specific, brands, high end, low end and fear I'm falling into the rabbit hole of watches, forums, collectors, comedy, shopping. Stop the watch forums, I wanna' get off! 😰

So thank you Eric K. 🤪

does a cracking Spanish accent too by all accounts, answers to the name of Juan Kerr!

It still amazes me Sally Jacks keeps claiming this 'northern bird' tag or in her accent 'nowvern bird'. She might be living in Lancashire these days but she sounds about as northern as Harry Redknapp.

So actually sleeping in the caravan, alone, in the grounds of IW House garden area , when so many nutters are watching TV sounded quite dangerous!

This was her own caravan, yes, used for... errrr, travelling around also? How low rent do you have to be, or not paid well enough, or a genuine caravan home from home lover? Don't they have Premier Inn, Travelodge or decent hotels or guest houses in Peterborough?

Remember a few years back when a couple of the presenters were talking about staying in caravan or chalets out the back, think it was due to severe snow/weather which meant they couldn't travel from home so stayed in chalets locally to do TV the next days. PeterS was one, making gags, innuendo about stuffing his sleeping bag, etc., the usual 'schtick'!

Or were they all bunked up in Sally's caravan out back?

Assume you mean eBay, Vinted, Gumtree or another suchlike?! 😀

Actually, the one real thing I do have, (apart from an old Dansette), is a Six Million Dollar man bionic Steve Austin action figure in his Rocket ship, which converts into a mobile operating theatre! 🚌📡🚒🦼
Apparently now worth £250+. 😁
Don’t mean any of those apps . I refer to an app which allows qvc addicts to show off all the lovely things they’ve bought - Qurio! Worth a look for the comedy value!

So actually sleeping in the caravan, alone, in the grounds of IW House garden area , when so many nutters are watching TV sounded quite dangerous!

This was her own caravan, yes, used for... errrr, travelling around also? How low rent do you have to be, or not paid well enough, or a genuine caravan home from home lover? Don't they have Premier Inn, Travelodge or decent hotels or guest houses in Peterborough?

Remember a few years back when a couple of the presenters were talking about staying in caravan or chalets out the back, think it was due to severe snow/weather which meant they couldn't travel from home so stayed in chalets locally to do TV the next days. PeterS was one, making gags, innuendo about stuffing his sleeping bag, etc., the usual 'schtick'!

Or were they all bunked up in Sally's caravan out back?
Due to Sallys health issues, she had to shield during Lockdown, got a feeling she was off air for nearly a year, only doing voiceovers from home, when she returned to work, I don’t think she felt easy going back to hotels so she purchased her Caravan, to stay in during her shifts, in the car park, I now during lockdown, IW had like portable cabins in the car park, for Presenters and Guests who would normally have stayed in a hotel

Due to Sallys health issues, she had to shield during Lockdown, got a feeling she was off air for nearly a year, only doing voiceovers from home, when she returned to work, I don’t think she felt easy going back to hotels so she purchased her Caravan, to stay in during her shifts, in the car park, I now during lockdown, IW had like portable cabins in the car park, for Presenters and Guests who would normally have stayed in a hotel

She was off 12 weeks, March till June, she stayed in the portocabins (background in pic) to start with. Caravan came later in the year.

porto cabins.JPG

I'm still laughing at this - thank you. Didn't she polish up her vowels and soften her voice in order to show us lucky punters around the caravan. I didn't enjoy the 'there's my bed at the back' bit, nor the "I'm in here just on my own for 99.9% of the time' bits. I was almost expecting her to point a cordless landline phone at the screen and start shaking it, whilst some overly-loud, repetitive music played over the silent VT...

She was off 12 weeks, March till June, she stayed in the portocabins (background in pic) to start with. Caravan came later in the year.

View attachment 26080

Better with other people in chalets (portacabibns) too.

Was there any overnight security on site, especially when she was on her own?

Didn't seem to be any security hut at the gates when the BBC investigated towards the end of IW.

Latest posts

Back