Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The astonishing thing about her sales pitch is that she keeps going on about 'incredible functionality' but mainly sits there holding the watch, which is just as well given that the display and the touchscreen when she uses them looks awful. Possibly because the battery life's so poor that they're afraid it would run out before the presentation finishes.

One of her favourite words on IW watch shows.

These watches look hilariously awful. On one of the watches she kept pressing a button but nothing happened. This is the first time at least in recent history when I've actually felt sorry for an Ideal World presenter for having to suffer this ordeal although at least she now has a job.

Now it's a "Jacques Du Manoir" Swiss made movement quartz 'designer-made' watch. She keeps referring to them as 'Swiss-made' which surely must represent several breaches of what's left of the ASA's code of conduct.

Well at least they look a bit better than those Swan & Edgar monstrosities.

Although it's an affordable fashion/designer watch brand, the quality is above Swan & Edgar. Those two watches look to be from the low end of their watches, their top end RRP, ranges from approx £150-£300.

At least they're selling these cheap fashion items at cheap fashion prices which is more than could be said for the rubbish the old Ideal World used to try to flog at ludicrous prices to unsuspecting viewers. You can see the TJC ethos at work here where they sell relatively large quantities of cheap items with modest profit margins and have created a relatively successful business by doing so. Dave Loyden might be disappointed but as long as Ideal World's now making money TJC most likely won't care.

But will Idesl World's past reputation deter some viewers from taking the plunge? Is there any life left in the cheap impulse TV shopping purchase market? Can Ideal World succeed with a new generation of buyers?

So far, so good... dipped in and out of the new IW channel earlier tonight and the revamped website, looking at Recently Aired items from today and saw fresh new presenters tonight and a good mix of the Tamsy fashion lines, beauty and fragrances, and other TJC web site items like the mattress topper and a Bluetooth watch.

No sign, yet of Piranha, VE, RugDoctor, S&E stuff.... yet

But given the IW tagline, "home of big brands", it can't be long before watches, airfryers, etc. appear... Unless they decide to keep a strict split between lines appearing on TJC or IW.

My tip would be if you want something buy it from TJC site with a discount code and on a free p&p megaday/offer day!!! Not from IW. Although I note p&p on offer for £2 at launch.

So using IW to sell their non-jewellery homeware and beauty items that are on the TJC website makes sense to air them to a TV audience via new IW. With other things added in.

Think it's likely that Swan & Edgar watches will turn up on IW at some point, especially as TJC already has a working relationship with its supplier and TJC may want to hang on to Gamages as a TJC-exclusive. Though of course it's still possible that Gamages will appear at some point...

Anyway at 9pm they're selling a "Electric Rotating Vibration Handle Silicone Brush" that promises a "spa-like experience". Or if they want to live dangerously and run the risk of being taken off air early by letting Peter Simon actually demonstrate this product, an orgasm.

Much better specs ones are over a £100.

It's been on a few shows, always sells out but amazingly they get more stock that was meant for future shows. ;)

Also on all the shows i've never seen them show the small rear camera yet, also no mention that the rear camera is 480p and only the front camera on the mirror is 1080p.
The thing is, this Sale at least, it comes over the two ladies havent really a clue

Oh this is cringeworthy. I see they are already using the TJC model of doing a product to death, irrespective of what the published the hour should be. Natalia is particularly annoying. She’s probably missing her ‘TJC Beauty Family’. My curiosity has been satisfied, no need to watch again 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back