Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lovely to see Dr. Edwards and Professor van Hoielleeke this morning offering a joint battery A&E clinic. The prep room has been converted into an operating theatre trying to resuscitate very poorly price comparisons, while the good doctors carry out life saving, severely exaggerated psychic scaremongering surgery on the unsuspecting viewers' perfectly well batteries. £500 for a replacement battery says Dr. Edwards, while Professor van Heckxpurtinevretingge, nods in agreement. I wouldn't buy four tyre valve caps off those two pis...per..pis..physicians myself.

I would also love to know what vehicles need a £500 battery? A Hummer?

Last edited:
They always use the most hysterical pricing examples and battery prices are no different. I would suspect most of their viewers have cars somewhere between 20 years to a few months old. I got ripped off by the AA for a battery for a 1997 Nissan Primera. £165 they wanted for a battery around £80 elsewhere. My second and 'classic' car and worth about £1000 at most. The battery costing around 20 percent of the value of the car.

Actually, these two out of acting work actors would have been great together flogging those rattan furniture sets during the final hours of the last version.

Why? Why is a grown man sitting with another male being presumably paid in money to discuss the most ghastly, lurid toilet seat covers from the late 1970s? Have neither of them got any sense of having a purpose in the work they do? You know…getting home from work and feeling you contributed to society today and actually earned the money you were paid?

Why? Why is a grown man sitting with another male being presumably paid in money to discuss the most ghastly, lurid toilet seat covers from the late 1970s? Have neither of them got any sense of having a purpose in the work they do? You know…getting home from work and feeling you contributed to society today and actually earned the money you were paid?
Not that everything has to revolve around money, however this is why I'd love to know what sort of payment they receive for presenting. I don't know how it works now i.e. I know they don't just do an hour at a time, however it would be interesting to know how much Peter V for example gets for a presenting shift. Maybe that would make us think 'no wonder he's happy sitting there flogging tat!'

Peanuts or a high fee, I suspect. It was mentioned he has to hang around for a lift back home until his wife finishes. Maybe that reduces his fee for his undoubted expertise in sitting on a sofa, touching the buttons on a cheap fan heater for an hour.

I’m BSd out now… Time to go out.

I would charge him £5 an hour for being there. He contributes about £5 an hour to the wearing out the sofa budget. When you are out walking people’s dogs in all types of weather for minimum wage, £40 to £70 an hour sounds a particularly good screw.

Back to normal telly now. Bangers and Cash…

Thinks he's Les Dawson now.
I used to have tea sometimes with Roy Barraclough. It was back in the 80s when I lived outside Manchester, and Roy was often in a little cafe in Stalybridge called the ‘Owl’s Hoot’. He said Les was fantastic, but quite a sad man - and surprisingly cultured. Les was apparently a good pianist - his act about playing tunes wrongly, Roy said was what proved it- you had to be able to play well, to play badly, but recognisably.
I miss those days….

Latest posts

Back