Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elbow things again, There is a mistake, meant to be £14.99, we sold them for £4.99, the producer said this morning we will stick to the mistaken price
Interesting that this is even being mentioned. Wonder if it has anything to do with what we posted on here?

Shock, horror, the same £4.99 he was peddling them at night. So much for never seeing them at that price again... The guy is an utter charlatan!

When you go into Boots, say, and pick up a bottle of aftershave or perfume, you then buy it because it is a known and used regular brand to you, or perhaps because it is known to you, but semi-aspirational, and you want to treat yourself or somebody else. You don’t want or expect their staff to approach you, hysterically and sycophantically telling you the geezers in the pub will come up to you and ask you what you are wearing, or the ladies will be all over you. You pick it up, you pay, and you leave, satisfied. Shopping television is clearly incapable of just providing the facts. It has to embellish, exaggerate and fantasise about the goods. That is why it is such an unpalatable sales medium to me.
And you can sample the smell too which you can't on tv. The verbal descriptions they give are often hilarious. "There's a hint of jasmine fused with boiled bacon and Quink ink".

I simply don't understand why people buy stuff like perfume or shoes this way or online. You can return the latter if you don't wear them outside but you aren't able to use a scent for 30 days and then send it back so the warranty that Salleh offered yesterday is disingenuous.

Essentially, their battle to win is to persuade people to buy things they really don’t need or want that moment, that day, that month or that year. When you buy conventionally like we all still do, there are spur of the moment type purchases, but generally you have an idea of what you want and why you need it and some existing information on the brand of it and its reputation. None of these things apply to any real extent on shopping television. We know it’s a ‘Considered Purchase’ they say for some tacky watch…What they really mean is you haven’t considered it until now and DON’T consider it any more…JUST BUY…and consider what you’ve done after I’ve gone home to my posh house full of posh watches you can only dream of owning…The spinning a dream aspirational type sales pitches are the shopping television presenter’s food and drink. Their main armoury in attempting to get the vulnerable of willpower to buy.

Old Walter wants to keep a fantasies diary. That way he can check back on how fat and out of condition or how toned and super fit he was or is each time a similar type of product comes to air. On-air now he has a second spare tyre in place (fitness belt) around his fitted one, and he tells us three or four months ago Michelin Lips recommended he used this to reduce his paunch. But only recently and since then, I am sure he has been saying how much excess and unsightly weight he is carrying around to enhance the Lose 25 Pounds of Ugly Fat by Cutting Your Head Off Diet Home Guillotine Kit…Cross reference the facts as they stand hour by hour…Give viewers an informed and accurate choice..

They are wasting their time trying to flog both their watches and their scent to this elderly cash challenged pensioner.
Ive never and will never bought/buy a perfume I haven’t smelt first.
I only ever buy cheep and I mean cheap watches because as well as being dyslexic I’m also disphraxic so neither strap nor watch glass live long when worn on my wrist.

Guess I’m not their ideal target 🎯

BAFTA™ Award Winner Sir Peter Simon, dear friend to the stars, and TV legend tells it like it is, and I really do mean this.

If he says the £4.99 elbow support was supposed to come to air at £14.99 and that one could easily expect to pay £19.99 for comfort, first-layer nylon of exquisite luxury, okay, and that it is quite probably the best one can buy, right, then I personally fail to see what the issue is.

In all his nigh-on 600 years in shopping TV he's quite simply never not told it like it is. So if Peter Simon says the price is a mistake, that the people who type in the graphics have more control over pricing than the suits who run the business, then I believe that it's a mistake.

So can we all stop complaining and go to the phones? This'll be with us in 3 to 15 working days and then we can put it on the household insurance in conjunction with a healthier lifestyle.

And remember: whoever you are, somebody somewhere loves you.

Last edited:
Now now, Peter S said a few nights ago that William Hunt is one of THEE most prestigious watch brands globally.

I for one believe him.

Ok must dash, away to plant these magic beans just sold to me :)
He really is either deluded, ignorant, or simply lying. I’ve been a qualified watchmaker for more than 20 years, and I have never actually heard, or seen a William Hunt.
The most prestigious watch brands are - Patek Philippe, A. Lange & Sohne, Audemars Piguet, Breguet and Vacheron Constantin.
All have their particular fans, but I know of no one who would ever list these differently.

Oh, and Nubeo, of course!
🤣🤣🤣

Regenecoll.

Cough cough
I've been taking this for 12-14 years
Cough cough

Well Pete you don't look great and you don't sound fit. You also that the the £99 12 week supply special offer is a one off. Won't be repeated. So how does this encourage anyone to buy when they know they must pay £100 per month to continue the treatment?
The other problem is that Regenecoll has only been a company since 2015 - meaning 9 years even if he bought their very first shipment.
Always with the exaggerations, or untruths. I don’t know why he does it. Why not just tell the truth for once, Peter?

Attachments

• IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 0
This is sort of linked to a point I'm going to make. Hopped on the YT feed last night and the presenter was flogging William Hunt scent. She said something like this ...

If you want to be different, if you don't want to be wearing the scents produced by the massive brands that cost a lot more, promoted by celebrities, this would be ideal for you. Buy this and in the small town or village you live in, you will probably be the only one wearing it. It could become your signature scent.

Some of that statement is of course perfectly valid. However it omits something. Rightly or wrongly, many people want the scents released by the big brands and often promoted by a celeb perhaps with their name on it. Even more so when you're buying someone a gift you want to make sure it's something the recipient wants.

Some of the products the likes of IW sell will no doubt be perfectly good, however most are unknown brands (to the masses.) Rightly or wrongly, brand means something to many.
From the Selly Telly channel that brought us the great smell of ‘Gammon’, next comes ‘Nobby Stiles’.
Splash it on all over - the great smell of Nobby.

Who’s to say they wouldn’t do it?!!
🤣🤣🤣

Sally is selling some shapeless Tansy tops, the one she's wearing doesn't flatter her. Apparently, this look is massive at the moment and bang on trend🤔. And she said their prices beat the high street, they are incredible.

She said she's wearing medium, size 12-14 and said quickly "and it fits me perfectly"....

Latest posts

Back