Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really? I had a quick look and I wasn't that impressed at all, it's a bumfreezer jacket made out of 100% polyester and at £25 I'm not bowled over...most certainly wouldn't pay full price for it! Check this out...looks 100% a better deal!

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=38361. Full sized parka, made from 100% cotton and it's water resistant. Ok you'd have to go and buy it, but even with bus fare it'd work out cheaper! Well I guess not everybody's got a Lidl that close, but would imagine Primark do some pretty good parkas too!

Just meant in general merry looks a clone of centigeade to my eyes which could be clever enough

Wouldn't look good on me as a fairly large gent ;)

Ideal are now selling the car cane

Saw this on an infomercial the other early morning and wondered if it would be snapped up. Someone from ideal saw it to

Of course Sally can't leave it just for what it is for. She has now told us its a safety device if you have a crash and need to smash the door open ! (surely you could just pack a hammer)

Poor stuff really rather than just selling it for what it is which is a good idea they have to push it

Ideal are now selling the car cane

Saw this on an infomercial the other early morning and wondered if it would be snapped up. Someone from ideal saw it to

Of course Sally can't leave it just for what it is for. She has now told us its a safety device if you have a crash and need to smash the door open ! (surely you could just pack a hammer)

Poor stuff really rather than just selling it for what it is which is a good idea they have to push it

Sally's hubby might have smashed her back doors in with it by now...

Sally is extolling the virtues of Flexipay. She says : -

'Ah! I hear you. I can't get credit Sally, I've had problems in the past. That's fine, we take everybody, as long as you've got a credit or debit card and as long as you've got a UK address we don't care if you've had any problems in the past we will take you on'

They're desperate aren't they? :down:

'Ah! I hear you. I can't get credit Sally, I've had problems in the past. That's fine, we take everybody, as long as you've got a credit or debit card and as long as you've got a UK address we don't care if you've had any problems in the past we will take you on'

OMG. That's just an open invitation for anyone thick enough to rip Ideal World off. Karma...:mysmilie_59:

You can see their last-ditch strategy in action here; Ideal World has now become the Brighthouse/Perfect World of 'lower-cost' shopping; Brighthouse and Perfect World high street shops base their pricing models on the assumption that nearly all of their customers will default on credit payments at some point which is why their prices/repayments are so extortionate. Ideal World is trying the same idea with cheaper items as opposed to "big ticket" goods like sofas and washing machines whilst at the same time pretending to offer good deals in order to also suck in ignorant but value-minded punters.

They are selling another overpriced rip off toy bundle, I Pity the people who think they are getting a bargain with the naff stickers, flashing teeth (why?), bubble machines, poundshop santa sacks and those stupid rocket things.

They are selling another overpriced rip off toy bundle, I Pity the people who think they are getting a bargain with the naff stickers, flashing teeth (why?), bubble machines, poundshop santa sacks and those stupid rocket things.

They are literally selling the same products they have for the past 2 years :mysmilie_17:

You missed off them magic pens and splat balls!!!

You can see their last-ditch strategy in action here; Ideal World has now become the Brighthouse/Perfect World of 'lower-cost' shopping; Brighthouse and Perfect World high street shops base their pricing models on the assumption that nearly all of their customers will default on credit payments at some point which is why their prices/repayments are so extortionate. Ideal World is trying the same idea with cheaper items as opposed to "big ticket" goods like sofas and washing machines whilst at the same time pretending to offer good deals in order to also suck in ignorant but value-minded punters.

Good post pp

I am currently setting up a new business myself and have done lots of research/reading to find the right place to aim my product at.

Everybody is telling me you either need to be at the very cheap end of the market or the premium end. Aiming for the middle ground seems to be widely accepted as very difficult to profit from in this climate.

Qvc are obviously the premium of shopping TV for all of the faults they have .

Ideal probably were middle ground when bid existed now you could argue there is a gap at the lower end.

They certainly seem to be trying to fill it and it might just keep them going a bit longer than expected

QVC - premium? Only in price - overpriced! They are selling their fair share of crap that wuld not see the light of day on the high street.

Pick of the day DRILL BITS. I thought idealworld were not bringing them back.

I thought that also at the last drill bits POTD.
Warranty is shyte.

Apparently here is a quote from their website with regards the warranty.

"Warranty

All our drill bits carry a 10 year warranty if you should manage to break snap or bend 1 of our drill bits please return the drill bit along with a cheque for £4.95 to cover p&p"

Seems to me that a cheap bit plus postage won't work out to £4.95. Or maybe I'm just a born sceptic.

I thought that also at the last drill bits POTD.
Warranty is shyte.

Apparently here is a quote from their website with regards the warranty.

"Warranty

All our drill bits carry a 10 year warranty if you should manage to break snap or bend 1 of our drill bits please return the drill bit along with a cheque for £4.95 to cover p&p"

Seems to me that a cheap bit plus postage won't work out to £4.95. Or maybe I'm just a born sceptic.

In other words, you buy another drill. Some guarantee!!!

What a dull boring channel ideal world really. Please put us out of our misery and make it another craft channel. All IW do is the same boring products every week. Another thing peter simon STOP whining.

Latest posts

Back