Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Collectors show on as I type. Rob saying (as he often does) to the guest expert 'I don't want to make you blush but you do spoil us, you're definitely undervaluing the items you bring.'

A quick Google for comparable (and genuine) similar items tells you they aren't undervalued, if anything in some cases they're ...

Then, when presenting a letter written by Charles Dickens (selling for circa £10k) good old Rob … in no way trying to influence viewers … says he's tempted to buy it himself, pay the first of 4 flexis and take it to an auction house. To me, inferring even if you can't stretch to the £10k, pay the first flexi, flog it, then you'll have cash to pay the remainder and some left for yourself, cause everything's on sale at an undervalued price you see.

That a dangerous thing to hint at, you could end up with folk getting into serious debt if it doesn't go as planned, especially with the current situation with economy.
Too much of this speculating business to make money with collecting and not enough of just collecting items cause you like them, it's not the same thing in my opinion. And there is far too much bad/rubbish advice given by IW on that score, especially in the watch shows.

At least the Collectable hours has a proper expert in Gary Ashburn.

But why is it only on late at night, I like Collectables, and maybe inclined to buy stuff at a more sensible hour.

Do we need the 300 showings of a Beldray Vacumm

He used to do a show quite regular on another channel at about 9pm, think it was 676 on Sky, but I don't see it there anymore, must be just exclusive on IW now.

He has a web site with a shop.

Amongst other things, Orson Wells explained that these collectables are backed with a 'lifetime guarantee'. Could someone please explain who issues that guarantee?

yes, very simple is Peter Vollebregt, l have nightmares remembering him un- packing a suitcase of all the stuff he doesn't need to take on holiday because he now has a wonderful £89.99 mobile phone that their flogging.

'And when on your hols you can use your mobile phone to hire a moped so there's no need to pack one!' (hauls moped from the case)

'Or maybe you want to hire a car ...'

;)

Peter on S&E 'collectable timepieces'.

Within ten seconds of tuning in he's mentioned Basel, in the same breath he said 'symomonous'! (I think he meant synonymous.)
He's also just said that Swan and Edgar are the oldest British watch manufacterer.

Latest posts

Back