Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And he's off and running again on CCCP, "Alexander Shorokhoff inspired the Soviet watchmaking Industry in the 1920s, and in fact by 1922 the destination of CCCP was the authentication of some of the greatest watches in the world. And for a connoisseur of watches, you will know Russia is today, one of thee foremost in watch making, individual and hand assembled watches and if you're the owner of a Buran you'll know exactly what i mean and the Buran is their luxury brand in Russia, that is on the levels of the Rolex, and the Breitling. If you know of the Sturmanskies then you'll have heard of the CCCP."

What an absolute load of nonsense, that's just one load of false, inane, unintelligible tripe. How does his brain come up with this rubbish. :eek:

I suppose the Mig 21 is pretty unique, a Russian watch and model jet, both made in china, you don't see that every day of the week.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Oh the Nubeo has custom built automatic movement says Jim, that’s Peter excited, “now this is a custom built automatic movement, just for anyone not aufait with that can you explain that Jim” – Well custom build is when you customise it, take parts off it like the flywheel, the winder, the rotor wheel and you’ll add your own features to it, and give it a bit more customisation, so basically automatics, ETA or Sellita, whoever will make a standard movement, when you customise , it’s basically the watchmaker taking it down and really giving it a real ID of it’s own.” – Peter “so it becomes a unique automatic movement”.

So in this case, the Nubeo Mantra’s custom built movement, is a bog standard NH35 which their Chinese watchmaker has put on a crown to match the case and Rotor with Nubeo on it. Yep that sure is a custom built movement.:rolleyes:

Jim Clawley on the prices - "The things is Ideal World is a great media for shopping, we cut out all the middlemen of retail, you try and go into a retailer and buy a watch of this spec for within £200 you'll be doing well because you can't".

Maybe I'm stupid, but we are buying from Ideal world, we are not buying direct from the Watch brand, so surely IW is a middleman just the same as a retailer.

As for a watch with with that spec, depends what he means, is he saying we won't find a Chinese made watch with an old refurbished Soviet movement by a brand claiming false history and heritage in a High Street retailer or online? If it's high street I agree with him, we want find it, don't know any high street retailers dealing in watches with those kind of specs, but online or TV not a problem. ;):ROFLMAO:

Peter - Put the Earnshaw Holborn on your insurance as it's limited edition, they don't make thousands of them.

You sure Peter, this is about the fourth time the Holborn has been pick of teh day, as well as being on multiple other shows.

Oh and we have the £130 cufflinks. :ROFLMAO:

The thing is, if you are going to use this tactic, surely keep it for fewer items and, whilst price isn't everything, those higher up the scale, no? I'm sure one of the watches he used this tactic on last night was selling for circa £150. I mean come on!!! Next he'll be telling us to put accessory packs for vacuums on our household insurance 'these are limited edition accessory packs, you must INSURE 'EM!!!'

PS really makes me laugh i don't watch watch shows but when i changed channels and saw him i listened for a few mins first he kept saying ccp i thought it was cccp then he said when you have a mont blanc pen you have something special well this is not its T Earnshaw or something like that he really is silly

PS really makes me laugh i don't watch watch shows but when i changed channels and saw him i listened for a few mins first he kept saying ccp i thought it was cccp then he said when you have a mont blanc pen you have something special well this is not its T Earnshaw or something like that he really is silly

One of these days he'll say C R A P by mistake :)

When he goes on his verbal rambling you can often sense the guest is sitting there thinking 'ffs ...'

To me this just further adds to devaluing a brand and items in their range. If they have to resort to giving away tons of freebies then ...

Especially when the freebies are over valued as well. :ROFLMAO:£130 cuff links, yeah right.

IMO the problem is they have over valued the brand so much, that all these extreme discounts and freebies, can do nothing else but devalue the brand in the eyes of informed customers, I say informed as there seems to be a lot of uninformed (sorry to say it, but it's true) lapping up the rubbish, and judging by the antics and behaviour of the presenters and guests, they are probably IW target audience.

Oh BTW was watching Teddy Baldassarre on youtube the other day, he's a watch collector and does revues etc, but thought some of the points he makes in this video are quite apt for some of the brands on Ideal.;) All our fav gripes, like inflated RRPs, lack of Brand Info, Lack of technical Info etc are mentioned, quite interesting for anybody thinking of starting a watch collection and what to look out for.

"How To Tell If A Watch Is Poorly Made - 7 Tips to Avoid Getting Tricked"

Last edited:
So the pick of the day is £89.99 with a recommended price of nearer the five hundred mark and the FREE cufflinks are £130 pounds worth? What a great two gifts for Fathers Day. Why has a bargain like this not sold out already?

One of these days he'll say C R A P by mistake :)

When he goes on his verbal rambling you can often sense the guest is sitting there thinking 'ffs ...'

He said check out our webshite instead of website the other day, which I though was fairly accurate for the crap they were selling at the time. :ROFLMAO:

So the pick of the day is £89.99 with a recommended price of nearer the five hundred mark and the FREE cufflinks are £130 pounds worth? What a great two gifts for Fathers Day. Why has a bargain like this not sold out already?

It's a mystery, you'd have thought, being such a wonderful luxury piece of horology, it would have sold out within minutes last night, especially with those oustanding cufflinks thrown in, but obviously not. Of course it could be that everybody that wanted the pick of the day, had already bought it when it was pick of the day previously.

It's a mystery, you'd have thought, being such a wonderful luxury piece of horology, it would have sold out within minutes last night, especially with those oustanding cufflinks thrown in, but obviously not. Of course it could be that everybody that wanted the pick of the day, had already bought it when it was pick of the day previously.

During watch week?

Makes me laugh how they have a 'finale' for watch week when they're more or less every week! Shaun also said that their next watch week was November

During watch week?

Makes me laugh how they have a 'finale' for watch week when they're more or less every week! Shaun also said that their next watch week was November

No wasn't pick of the day then, it was way back, last year if I remember, when Thomas Tope was doing Earnshaw shows.

Yeah, watches are a pretty regular item now, think they found they've found quite a few folk who have started collecting watches and are making collections out of the watches they sell, it's frightening when you read some of the revues and how folk have fallen for the rubbish they've been spouting. I also don't think they sell out as universally as they would have us think, sure one or two of the watches might sell out in a show, but most don't, so they have to keep having shows just to get rid of the stock, you just need to look at the models of watches they have in stock on their web site, some have been there for a year or more, that's why the price gets lower and lower.

You know one other thing about their watch weeks, I think I've seen about four over the last few years, is I have never heard who has won the big prize giveaway, it's never mentioned on screen and nothing ever appears on their web site, you would think giving away over a £1000 of a gift there would be some big announcement, but as far as i can see, none.

Am i right in thinking they said that a box for the the watches was worth £100 i would not give them £10 for it is it made of coromandel wood or something

The divider in the center was squint, obviously not a tight fit, usually a good sign of how cheaply made they are. You can get way better quality 10 & 12 slot boxes on Amazon for £20-30. ;)

Am i right in thinking they said that a box for the the watches was worth £100 i would not give them £10 for it is it made of coromandel wood or something

This is the thing, when it comes to stuff they're selling they LOVE telling you how much you're saving. When it comes to the freebies they LOVE telling you the RRP or simply the 'what it's worth' price if RRP doesn't apply. What they FAIL to tell us is if they were selling these items e.g. the £130 cufflinks, they would be drastically reduced like everything else on the channel. So the cufflinks would in reality sell for £29.99 :)

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the product (£39.99 phone they've been selling in recent days) fine as a back-up phone or whatever. However on one of the first outings we were being shouted at 'BE QUICK, THESE ARE GONNA GO!!!' … fast forward 3 days and they're still not sold out :)

Latest posts

Back