Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to watch QVC back in the day, bought a few bits and bob's and like Hammy, had a Kahuna watch. I preferred the DIY slot on Sunday mornings with Harry "safety first, diy second" Green. Sarah Green's dad iirc?
He used to make loads of mistakes and it was funny watching him try to cover up:ROFLMAO:

Forgot about Harry on a Sunday, seem to remember that he ended up with someone else with him to do the demonstration when he became to old to do them himself. There was also some guy did gardening, but found him boring, definitely wouldn't have fitted in on IW. :ROFLMAO:

On the watch with two 3v batteries showing, Shaun says, so two batteries in there, expert says yes. :oops: Actually it has three.

Oh well can excuse his mistake, he's only worked for them for a few months in Global sales and development, although think it's his Creative Universe Agency that he works for rather Electricianz directly. So i suppose that's why they've appeared on IW and in UK jewelers and online retailers lately, got an agency to puch the watches in the UK.

See she keeps banging on about Macy's, just like shopping at Argos then:ROFLMAO:
Meanwhile, I'm watching these muppets with my Cermit:cool:
hwi7MSQl.jpg

Well, have put on a blast from the past, a Kahuna bought from QVC quite a few years ago. Took it apart and gave the case a good clean up (under the bezel needed quite a bit of cleaning :whistle:), strap needed changing, so picked a spare Nato not quite a colour match though and put in a new battery, still working. :)

IMG_20201013_222439-crop.jpg

She's pushing a certain Danish brand, wouldn't be Skagen would it:unsure:

Could be, in her bio she had a wee stint (18 months) working for Fossil group, she started at Fossil the same time as they acquired Skagen.

You know, i'm quite astonished at all these watch experts/guests, who all seemingly have years in the industry, but who's knowledge is very, very poor at times, although they are all expert con artists, and are really quite skilled at spouting rubbish and misleading info.

The multi-tool thingy doesn't look very 'multi' to me. They keep bleating on about opening doors. Doors with knob handles? Nope, won't work. Doors with handles that take a bit of effort to pull down? Nope, as you'd need a very strong wrist/grip to hold that little device and pull/twist to open the handle. Good for touchpads/screens? Yes I suppose so. Good for opening bottles? Yeah okay. But that's about it.

Latest posts

Back