Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is only what I personally think but sadly I now feel Ideal World has strayed too far from the fully expected but clearly bull sales spiel to outright and, in my opinion, deliberate untruths.

I believe that, regrettably, perhaps the time has now come to formally start challenging some of their more 'exotic' claims.

It's not funny anymore, in fact it's £800+ worth of unfunny. It's very unfair and highly insulting. The sad thing is that Melitta make absolutely fantastic, premium products. Why they would want their excellent name associated with this shower and allow someone like that Coffee idiot (and all the time encouraged by that lizard faced gargoyle De Knees) to make utterly incredulous claims is beyond me.

Ideal World, you really are becoming just like Bid in all manner of ways (and let's be clear, several of the old school Ideal World presenters are seemingly every bit as disingenuous or worse as any of the ex Bid lot) so unless you get your act together you shouldn't be too surprised to be perceived like Bid.

But allowing Peter Simon to carry on unchecked just like he did on Bid is not on. If someone is playing the fool that much while wanting us to part with money there's a reason for it.

And we know why so please do something about it before it gets out of hand :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter is selling Chi Chi's at 6.00pm :mysmilie_13:

Meanwhile Genpleaseleave is on now with Moira C who, when sporting a Chi Chi, looks rather like Kenny Rogers :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

HALF PRICE - FOR 24 HRS ONLY!

What the?.............everything I've seen is being sold at the price they normally charge anyway, any old day of the week :mysmilie_506:

Am I missing something?

No Momma, it's the same old but.....

Soon it's Voucher Day but do remember.....

Ideal World is categorically, absolutely and indisputably nothing whatsoever to do with Bid :mysmilie_59:

No Momma, it's the same old but.....

Soon it's Voucher Day but do remember.....

Ideal World is categorically, absolutely and indisputably nothing whatsoever to do with Bid :mysmilie_59:

Of course not no!

I've just been looking on twitter for Lynn's neck. On the Lusardi show she was saying how her stuff has made such a difference to her neck and 'it's a pity we can't see my before pictures'.......Gen said 'we have to be careful of before and afters (why?) but your pics are all on twitter aren't they Lynn?'...she nods

Where? I can't see them

Of course not no!

I've just been looking on twitter for Lynn's neck. On the Lusardi show she was saying how her stuff has made such a difference to her neck and 'it's a pity we can't see my before pictures'.......Gen said 'we have to be careful of before and afters (why?) but your pics are all on twitter aren't they Lynn?'...she nods

Where? I can't see them

De Knees was going on about how she used Lusardi and the effect it's had on her skin. So that would be Lusardi, Crystal Clear and MicroDerm that she uses (there may be more).

I'd ask the obvious question 'how does she know what does what' but it's clear that with that grid none of it does anything :mysmilie_59:

Just listen to the bullshit that Dirty Peter and Kenny Rogers are coming out with:-

'ooh just feel the material, ooh, ooh, these silky scarves, it's so silky'

It's so 100% 'Chiffon' Polyester (not that you'll find that out on air or on idealworld.tv) :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter is selling Chi Chi's at 6.00pm :mysmilie_13:

Meanwhile Genpleaseleave is on now with Moira C who, when sporting a Chi Chi, looks rather like Kenny Rogers :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11182View attachment 11183

Problem is if she takes it off... when Moira C last was on and took off her ever-present Chi Chi, her hair looked like an unwashed, shellacked disaster zone.

Have Ideal World suddenly hiked P&P charges?

£5.99 for a Lusardi potion set and £5.99 for an iPhone, that's even more than QVC charge for similar items.

Their P&P charges were one of their very few saving graces :mysmilie_13:

Granny Smith was shilling yet more iPad 3's (with free cobwebs) earlier.

It crossed my mind, how many of these devices were actually returned to Apple for them to refurbish? Ideal World have been selling them for ages and even though it's a very, very long time since iPad 3's were sold new it's seems they have a seemingly endless supply of them.

I know it's the model of iPad that probably has the worst reputation of all but jeez, they must get them in by the juggernaut load :mysmilie_59:

Have Ideal World suddenly hiked P&P charges?

£5.99 for a Lusardi potion set and £5.99 for an iPhone, that's even more than QVC charge for similar items.

Their P&P charges were one of their very few saving graces :mysmilie_13:

I'm not sure about loose lardy but the iPads/phones come direct from them so it's them that charge the p&p. I bought two tops that turned out to be next day delivery for a knicker, not too shabby Wirral, not too shabby. :mysmilie_14:

I'm not sure about loose lardy but the iPads/phones come direct from them so it's them that charge the p&p. I bought two tops that turned out to be next day delivery for a knicker, not too shabby Wirral, not too shabby. :mysmilie_14:

I don't think the iPhone's are refurbished by Apple so probably don't come direct from them, you don't get a 12 month Apple warranty with them as you do with the iPads, instead you get a 12 month supplier warranty which you must contact Ideal World about as opposed to Apple direct.

The P&P charges are all over the place, it was £5 for a King Size Mattress earlier but £6 for the Face Potions :confused:

I'm wondering how many items are now coming from somewhere other than their own warehouse, like Direct Disptatch. This is what happened at Bid.

I don't think the iPhone's are refurbished by Apple so probably don't come direct from them, you don't get a 12 month Apple warranty with them as you do with the iPads, instead you get a 12 month supplier warranty which you must contact Ideal World about as opposed to Apple direct.

The P&P charges are all over the place, it was £5 for a King Size Mattress earlier but £6 for the Face Potions :confused:

I'm wondering how many items are now coming from somewhere other than their own warehouse, like Direct Disptatch. This is what happened at Bid.

Oh right, I must've misheard. When you think everything from Bid was £7.99 p&p and that's yeas ago, well there's no surprise really why they've ceased training, robbing bar Stewart's.

Oh right, I must've misheard. When you think everything from Bid was £7.99 p&p and that's yeas ago, well there's no surprise really why they've ceased training, robbing bar Stewart's.

The funny thing with Bid was even though they charged an eyewatering £7.99 P&P it was widely acknowledged on here that the actual delivery service was good.

But when it was clear that more and more Direct Dispatch items were being sold some delivery times went up to 14 days :mysmilie_59:

The funny thing with Bid was even though they charged an eyewatering £7.99 P&P it was widely acknowledged on here that the actual delivery service was good.

But when it was clear that more and more Direct Dispatch items were being sold some delivery times went up to 14 days :mysmilie_59:

I had awful service from Bid Wirral I really did, when I had to ring up to query they didn't way to know, but that's just my experience.

I had awful service from Bid Wirral I really did, when I had to ring up to query they didn't way to know, but that's just my experience.

It wouldn't surprise me, I wasn't personally what you might call a regular customer of Bid Shopping but I just recall people saying they were good at delivering quickly.

They were good at BS'ing quickly too :mysmilie_59:

Couldn't agree more, Wirral. We know the presenters are on there to push their products, it's their job and you expect it, but it's the deliberate untruths that take it over the line. They've crossed that line more times than you can count. And it's not just a slip of the tongue type situation once in a while, it is deliberate, IMO. And this "it's yours for only..." when that's just one easy-pay makes my blood boil.
This is only what I personally think but sadly I now feel Ideal World has strayed too far from the fully expected but clearly bull sales spiel to outright and, in my opinion, deliberate untruths.

I believe that, regrettably, perhaps the time has now come to formally start challenging some of their more 'exotic' claims.

It's not funny anymore, in fact it's £800+ worth of unfunny. It's very unfair and highly insulting. The sad thing is that Melitta make absolutely fantastic, premium products. Why they would want their excellent name associated with this shower and allow someone like that Coffee idiot (and all the time encouraged by that lizard faced gargoyle De Knees) to make utterly incredulous claims is beyond me.

Ideal World, you really are becoming just like Bid in all manner of ways (and let's be clear, several of the old school Ideal World presenters are seemingly every bit as disingenuous or worse as any of the ex Bid lot) so unless you get your act together you shouldn't be too surprised to be perceived like Bid.

But allowing Peter Simon to carry on unchecked just like he did on Bid is not on. If someone is playing the fool that much while wanting us to part with money there's a reason for it.

And we know why so please do something about it before it gets out of hand :mysmilie_59:

Couldn't agree more, Wirral. We know the presenters are on there to push their products, it's their job and you expect it, but it's the deliberate untruths that take it over the line. They've crossed that line more times than you can count. And it's not just a slip of the tongue type situation once in a while, it is deliberate, IMO. And this "it's yours for only..." when that's just one easy-pay makes my blood boil.

It most certainly is not on and shouldn't be ignored. But personally I wouldn't be arsed with the ASA over things like the Coffee crap, it's a waste of time.

Better to hit them where it hurts if they persist (and I really hope they don't but suspect that they will), an email to the CEO of Melitta or any of their Professional, Reputable, Experienced Official Retailers should do the trick.

I'm sure they'd all be horrified to see that performance :mysmilie_59:

I've heard some spurious crap from Ideal World's 'Experts' but I think the silly old Queen they have dragged in to demonstrate the Lawnmower has just taken the biscuit (or should I say the Cup Cake).

He said (in fact cooed) that when your using it on a Sunday morning people will look and think 'she must have come into money with that £500 Lawnmower'. He did specifically say 'she' but he was looking at Dirty Peter when he said it, I think it's old Queen speak.

Where do they find these talentless dummies?

It's an effing Lawnmower :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back