Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Reynolds spewing out the lies tonight.

Type 21 only became available to distributors last week - Bullshit, i seriously was tempted to buy it over a month ago from Jomashop.

On the Edmonds with the "bombay" sapphire glass, they get a great price because they buy ALL the stock from the warehouse in Geneva - Bullshit, if you buy ALL the stock how come all these folk and many more sell it.

As for the clocks, he can spout all the rubbish about German design and made in Germany and couriered to Geneva, but the truth of the matter is they are Chinese made, and you can see a heap of variants on Ali for a quarter of the price he's selling them at, on Ali £50 free postage on IW you're paying £199 + £3.99 for the same wall clock and having the Mathey Tissot name on it.

Reynolds has become as big a shyster as the rest.

It's illegal to sell this T100 Traser watch in any country in the world except for UK and USA, so says Reynolds.
Yet Traser sell it on their own web site in Switzerland, and in a few seconds also found it on sale in Slovakia, New Zealand, Australia etc. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cheeky Chappie you more than anyone, knows they will spout out any old crap to sell something.

i know eventually I’m going to get a HOW DARE YOU
How DARE you!!!

I caught some of a watch show last night, the 100% trustworthy Mike M presenting. He said they were down to one of a particular watch and 'if you don't buy it I will, I WANT this watch!'

I for one believe he will have bought it as he, like all selly telly presenters, is a man of his word. Yes, of course if he really wanted to secure one he could simply ask a family member/friend to order one (or even just buy one himself), but he wants to ensure the buying public has first dibs, he's such a genuine generous person.

You'll also note he asks the producer how many are left, doesn't tell us, then asks how many are trying to buy them, doesn't tell us. He then has a shocked look on his face and urges viewers to get their skates on.

Let me assure you, Mike M isn't doing this to rush or panic the viewer into making a purchase. Mike M is doing this because he cares.

I have today contacted the Vatican to enquire how I can make an application for him to be made a living day saint. Saint Mike Mason. Saint Paul Becque. Saint Peter Simon. etc etc.

They all deserve it.

Peter - First in the world to see, WORLD EXCLUSIVE.

The other day, decided to check on the watches coming up, kinda figured the claims Peter would make.

Any his claims are bullshit as usual.

Laughable duo these two, with 90 years experience between them 😁 one knows nowt about watches, and the other one knows nowt 😂 can't even open a bracelet 🤔
What was Pete going on about? Pyramids etc 😂 lost it
Yeah for two folks with supposedly 90 years of experience between them they don’t half come out with some rubbish.

While most of what they say is just exaggerated nonsense, about quality, investment potential, book value/sale value, lack of movement availability, world exclusives, never seen before, etc they spout is obviously meant to persuade potential customers to buy, it’s when they come to actual tech speak that they really show their ignorance and makes their 90 years claim very unlikely. While Peter’s ignorance, being just a TV salesman/patter merchant, is understandable, its Reynolds ignorance which betrays his claims of 45 years in the trade, some of the crap he spouts really does make him sound more like a novice to the horology scene than someone that allegedly has 45 years of experience. When he starts speaking about meca quartz, hybrid movements, COSC certification, GTLS (T25 versus T100) etc then it’s patently obvious he hasn’t learned much in 45 years, personally think his lack of knowledge results from setting up watch base and his limited dealings with a very few select watch brands, and all his horology learning is the guff he’s being fed by those brands.

For info:-

Although i really like Mathey-Tissot watches (not all of them of course, some have really ugly dials/hands), been trying to work out where they are made, as we never hear or see about their production facilities like we do with other watchmaking brands on IW. WE are continually told they are still a watchmaker since 1886.
Anyway after a bit of searching, looks like they don't make watches themselves anymore, their watchmaking facilities have closed down, and it's just offices they have in Geneva now, they are made by a third party in Switzerland for Mathey-Tissot.
What i can find is that Mathey-Tissot watches are made in Chiasso, near to the Italian border, and there is a watchmaker there who make watches for different brands, TAN SA. So it looks like Mathey-Tissot watches are made by TAN SA for them.

Yeah for two folks with supposedly 90 years of experience between them they don’t half come out with some rubbish.

While most of what they say is just exaggerated nonsense, about quality, investment potential, book value/sale value, lack of movement availability, world exclusives, never seen before, etc they spout is obviously meant to persuade potential customers to buy, it’s when they come to actual tech speak that they really show their ignorance and makes their 90 years claim very unlikely. While Peter’s ignorance, being just a TV salesman/patter merchant, is understandable, its Reynolds ignorance which betrays his claims of 45 years in the trade, some of the crap he spouts really does make him sound more like a novice to the horology scene than someone that allegedly has 45 years of experience. When he starts speaking about meca quartz, hybrid movements, COSC certification, GTLS (T25 versus T100) etc then it’s patently obvious he hasn’t learned much in 45 years, personally think his lack of knowledge results from setting up watch base and his limited dealings with a very few select watch brands, and all his horology learning is the guff he’s being fed by those brands.

For info:-

Although i really like Mathey-Tissot watches (not all of them of course, some have really ugly dials/hands), been trying to work out where they are made, as we never hear or see about their production facilities like we do with other watchmaking brands on IW. WE are continually told they are still a watchmaker since 1886.
Anyway after a bit of searching, looks like they don't make watches themselves anymore, their watchmaking facilities have closed down, and it's just offices they have in Geneva now, they are made by a third party in Switzerland for Mathey-Tissot.
What i can find is that Mathey-Tissot watches are made in Chiasso, near to the Italian border, and there is a watchmaker there who make watches for different brands, TAN SA. So it looks like Mathey-Tissot watches are made by TAN SA for them.

I'm not trying to be funny Hammy, but when I hear Peter shout this ...

FIRST LAYER LEATHER!!! JUST BUY IT!!!!!!

... that alone tells me he probably has more, MUCH more experience than any other so-called watch expert on the planet.

I wasn't going to divulge this but I have a friend of a friend of a friend who's heavily involved in helping to organise the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. The Queen is to be presented with a commemorative watch. It will be handed to her by another Peter, Peter Andre. Do you know who the adviser was that selected the watch? That's right, Peter Simon.

I'm sure the Queen will be very happy with her Swan & Edgar timepiece, with free pen, wallet and cufflinks.

Maybe just reign (get it?) it in a bit when you don't actually know all the facts, okay?

;)

I don’t think the 42 minute shows really worked for Ideal World or Create and Craft, when Ideal Shopping Direct owned them, I know especially on Create and Craft, it meant in general they had to cut a demo.

Seems though through being taken over, but Ideal World and the new Create and Craft have reverted back to 1 hours.

Gardening Angela was on Create and Craft earlier I guess she’s freelance.

Does anyone know which company ideal world use,for there background music when they show products and talk over the music.I remember bid tv used, audio network company for there music.

Cheeky Chappie intersting you mention the word desperate.

Shona is on with a George Foreman BBQ and talk about sounding desperate.......Shona is in overdrive telling us every 8 seconds "its so soo soooo sooooooo busy wow wow wow less that 15% left wow!" "more than 85% sold" "and less than 100 left" "one of the busiest shows of the day" just screaming desperate!

Looks very clear that she has been told to rush the buyer or else.....Then she randomly shows a cushion to celebrate the jubilee, IW being classy as ever she keeps saying the union jack cushion......eh if IW done any research its simple a cushion with a union flag print on it as no warships are involved in this sale as far as I can see.

Stay classy IW........

Cheeky Chappie intersting you mention the word desperate.

Shona is on with a George Foreman BBQ and talk about sounding desperate.......Shona is in overdrive telling us every 8 seconds "its so soo soooo sooooooo busy wow wow wow less that 15% left wow!" "more than 85% sold" "and less than 100 left" "one of the busiest shows of the day" just screaming desperate!

Looks very clear that she has been told to rush the buyer or else.....Then she randomly shows a cushion to celebrate the jubilee, IW being classy as ever she keeps saying the union jack cushion......eh if IW done any research its simple a cushion with a union flag print on it as no warships are involved in this sale as far as I can see.

Stay classy IW........
Yeah, they talk quickly, often in an overly excited tone, repeating how busy the show is and how quickly the item is selling. They repeatedly tell viewers to check out their baskets, check out or lose out blah blah blah.

But NONE of this is done to rush or pressure the viewer into buying ;)

The never ending liars - "Never been seen before, new for tonight."

Funny how every time they say, new, never been seen before, it's ALWAYS available elsewhere already. :rolleyes:

Just listening to "i'm not being funny" Shaun during, what seems to be never ending gardening shows, flogging compost, describing how he's been to GARDEN BARGAIN'S NURSERY many times.

Either Shaun is on drugs or yet again lying, as Garden Bargain's DON'T have a Nursery, heck they don't even have a warehouse or keep any stock, Garden Bargains is just a web site owned by IW that flogs gardening stuff, ALL orders to their site is fulfilled by another company You Garden's who do own a Nursery. Though they sound familiar, and both based in Peterborough, they are not connect, company wise, they are owned by two different companies, Garden Bargains is owned by Ideal World and You Gardens is owned by Kester Capital/Cortland Topco Group (used to be owned by Shopping @ Home ltd)

Of course this is common on IW gardening shows, they continually imply that Garden Bargain's is some horticultural center, even Garden Bargain's web site implies they have a nursery, when in reality it's just a middleman web site that grows sod all.;)

Latest posts

Back