Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The veteran Peter Simon does a classic to camera

"Kev and I are nothing without you, in fact without you dear viewer we have nothing"

sure Kevs wife and family are delighted at this news

And the final 2 Trasers sell out so maybe it worked!

The veteran Peter Simon does a classic to camera

"Kev and I are nothing without you, in fact without you dear viewer we have nothing"

sure Kevs wife and family are delighted at this news

And the final 2 Trasers sell out so maybe it worked!

It's ok the shyster will find more in the back of his wardrobe for the next show he does. ;)

Probably pinch from his Son's stock as he still has the Trasers T100 in stock and selling them.

BTW
Remember that claim the lying shysters have been making for the past 24 hours, how we the IW viewers are first in the world to see and and first in the world to buy and own the pick of the day Ceres celestial watch?

Well I wonder how this person managed to buy one and post a review on the 14/1/2023 a month before it's alleged world premier on IW, as Peter V would say it defies logic. :ROFLMAO:

Ceres 14 1 2023.JPG

I wonder if along with being married to a presenter that because he has been in a number of tv shows & films IW thought his celebrity status would be a selling point, especially to those viewers who seem to go gaga for z list type non-entity celebs.

He has to be one of the worst so called 'experts' on IW, where the technology shows really show his lack of knowledge, the other shows reveal how is quite happy to repeat the scripts given to him even though they are full of misleading info and lies.

I actually find the Roofix shows are one of the worst for misleading the viewers. They mislead by having demos comparing Roofix with Bitumen paint, two different products for two different jobs, while some unscrupulous salesmen in DIY stores might try to fob you off with the paint for a leaking roof, most will have and offer you bitumen acrylic resin roof repair products similar to roofix. They also make a point of Roofix M is only available to IW and you can't buy it anywhere else, which technically is true, but it's very misleading, Roofix M is actually Roofix 20/10 (available in many retail outlets) but put in a special tin marked with an M for IW to claim exclusivity, so while the tin may be exclusive to IW the Roofix contents in the tin isn't. We know this as COSHH requires safety data sheets for all chemicals, compounds and mixtures for the health & safety of Flag Paints employees, end users etc. No data sheets exist for Roofix M only Roofix 20/10.
Ahhh. I wondered about that. It’s unscrupulous, I think.
DSG (Curry’s and Dixons) used to use a similar ruse - have a existing product rebadged, or re numbered, and then claim it as either a exclusive, or more commonly, claim the lowest price nationally on the item (knowing that they are the only vendor of that exact product- even though it is 100% identical to another existing product sold everywhere else).

Think whatever vacuum you buy the key to them which is barely mentioned though Simon Iles used to occasionally back in the day throw it in filters maintenance/cleaning.

People either never do it, do it for the first few uses then forget and wonder why they become half as effective.

During a barren spell of work during covid I took to the local selling sites for peanuts and bought dozens of "broken" vacs from most major brands 75% just needed filter cleaning and/or replacement for a nice selling flip. A fair few of them were utter pains to clean properly especially the models with the hidden second filter (often people had cleaned the easily seen filter at least to a degree)

Flicks on Ideal

Kevski "IT IS ILLEGAL" calm down Kev calm Kev
Your comment about filters is a good one. I bought a Dyson a while back, was really happy with it but it kept cutting out when I tried to use it. Thought the battery was dead so charged it, emptied the bin thoroughly and checked for blockages but it made no difference. Looked online for solutions and it recomended washing the filter. Did that and it worked perfectly, I now wash it once a month. I wasn't too worried as I bought it in John Lewis and they have Dyson reps in store so I was sure I would get support if I hadn't solved the problem myself.

The bit of info IW conveniently skip when flogging a cheap air filter :

Although it depends on the specific filter you have, as a rule of thumb, replaceable HEPA filters should be replaced every 6-12 months, depending on air quality and environmental factors. Carbon pre-filters should be replaced every 3 months, depending on air quality and environmental factors.

From amazon………same brand…….TELL PEOPLE IW !
Q: At what rate does the filter need replacing?

A: Good morning, Claire: around every 8 months, it says in the accompanying booklet.

The bit of info IW conveniently skip when flogging a cheap air filter :

Although it depends on the specific filter you have, as a rule of thumb, replaceable HEPA filters should be replaced every 6-12 months, depending on air quality and environmental factors. Carbon pre-filters should be replaced every 3 months, depending on air quality and environmental factors.

From amazon………same brand…….TELL PEOPLE IW !
Q: At what rate does the filter need replacing?

A: Good morning, Claire: around every 8 months, it says in the accompanying booklet.
Spot on

They are pretty good devices but again how many people who buy them are told?

Why does Ideal not sell the HEPA filters and carbon ones (generic) on the same shows and as well as making a small bit more help the consumer realise how they work and how they can make them work efficiently for a long period?

Arguably the only advantage tv shopping has is someone showing you the things like this which are not always clear online

And they don't do it despite the endless hours they devote to the product

Your comment about filters is a good one. I bought a Dyson a while back, was really happy with it but it kept cutting out when I tried to use it. Thought the battery was dead so charged it, emptied the bin thoroughly and checked for blockages but it made no difference. Looked online for solutions and it recomended washing the filter. Did that and it worked perfectly, I now wash it once a month. I wasn't too worried as I bought it in John Lewis and they have Dyson reps in store so I was sure I would get support if I hadn't solved the problem myself.

Think I bought 12 Dysons during the covid start 11 of the owners sold them as " broken", 7/8, or just needed either filter cleaning or replacement

The more I am reliving this I am wondering why I stopped doing this :D

Chef Joe musf be hard up, he done a full shift at Create and Craft, and is now on IW, seeing they arent in the same building anymore he got there quick, he was on Craft until 4

What is he demoing another flipping air fryer

Not sure if he has any more shows tonight but how can that be financially viable for him? factor in travel costs both ways and him being on a hourly rate it can't be much in the way of net income

Not sure if he has any more shows tonight but how can that be financially viable for him? factor in travel costs both ways and him being on a hourly rate it can't be much in the way of net income
looking at google maps its about a 15 mile journey, that is his only show tonight, he is back on air on Create and Craft in the morning, Guess he lives local or is in a hotel

What am I watching (WATCHing) this evening?? Upside Down Head Two on full bullshit bingo alert mode with Cannot Believe That RRP (spot on) Ryan. Tourbillon watches with some resurrected brand name being worshipped by the two of them. Both should be swinging by the tourbillons from a bridge for crimes against exaggerated claims. A genuine and extremely rare Chinese made Ernie Thomshaw now on show, in a limited edition plastic finish. Rare as from how they describe them, it sounds like Tommy is still making all the rest in his English workshops. The sad thing is people out there with more money/credit than sense are actually buying these cheap watches thinking they are getting something special, thanks to the rubbish coming out of both their mouths.

Latest posts

Back