Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are the majority of the presenters freelance as I notice Dan Bancroft has been on IW lately
I think they are, Dan has done some presenting on IW whilst at C&C before. Dean is and I think motormouth is as well. I’d be surprised if they weren’t all freelance on IW, with some being more regular/have set days than others.

I think they are, Dan has done some presenting on IW whilst at C&C before. Dean is and I think motormouth is as well. I’d be surprised if they weren’t all freelance on IW, with some being more regular/have set days than others.
It helps the IW and Create and Craft Studios are like 30 minutes drive between them both, I know the other week Joe Remblance was on Craft, and on IW just a couple of hours later

Currently Sally is selling fashion, Im sure its the same items she has sold for 3 days, Kitchen Gadgets and Shelving all tne way till 4pm

No wonder the AP300 air purifier is going cheap at 49.99, on instant brand web site the replacement filters are £39.99 recommended every 5-7 months. An extra £80 a year :oops: Why do they not point this out, we all know the answer.

Lurch and Fester have started repeating the line that an air fryer is like your hair dyer ‘times 10’ How exactly do they work that out …more hot air :poop:
It can only then be a matter of time before they start recommending that we cook using ten hair dryers.
Mike of the Masons isn’t using his at the moment…

lord peter, has announced a flash sale of automated watches at 2.30 mainly with single figures, hope Hammy finds out, he will be sooo gutted if he misses out

It's Miss Gerrard's "German made in China" watches, but the flash sale is only reducing them closer to their true value, still all selling at £99.99 which is still way more than you'd pay for a comparable quality watch on Ali. I will say that although Bon Mercato are just another lot that get their watches from China, i do believe they are a slightly, not a lot, but slightly better quality, especially case & movement finishing, than the Swan & Edgar and Resultco crap.

The sums cant be adding up at IW, taking in to account all costs to get the show on the road then presenters and guests payments etc I just cant see how its a viable business, The items they have been selling for the past 3 months have be on day in day out, they cant be moving all that stock each day, The margins just cant be enough to keep it a profitable long term business.........Just seems strange all round, what kind of profit are they making IF they are making a profit??

The sums cant be adding up at IW, taking in to account all costs to get the show on the road then presenters and guests payments etc I just cant see how its a viable business, The items they have been selling for the past 3 months have be on day in day out, they cant be moving all that stock each day, The margins just cant be enough to keep it a profitable long term business.........Just seems strange all round, what kind of profit are they making IF they are making a profit??
Based on a watch show I saw recently, I could have sworn that the average selling price of watches they feature on screen has increased significantly compared to not that long ago; case in point being the number of Swan & Edgar tourbillons being shown off nowadays (before it was usually one at most but now it's two or three). So they're definitely aiming for higher profit margins but again they're struggling to sell any of the higher-priced Swan & Edgars in particular. And this must also be reflected across other brands and products that IW sell.

On top of that they seem to have a backlog of air fryers, possibly not helped by Aldi selling them every few weeks at very competitive prices (they basically sell out in less than a day), making Ideal World look like expensive frauds by comparison. And they are.

I see the Protocol QVC is selling is called Advanced, and what IW tend to sell isnt advanced

Two different products, IW has had the Advanced as well, usually stuck in one of their pick of the day bundles. The usual one we see is for health/whole body etc comes in the white with blue packaging, the Advanced is the Beauty Collegen seems to be more for skin and nails, comes in a mauve/purple colour.
There's not any pics of the advanced on IW site, might be out of stock, but google has pics from older IW web pages.

Latest posts

Back