Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To be honest, fair play to Mike, when he was on with Rustie Lee and Simon Illes a few days back with that piranha, it was a lot less sales pitch and more focus on Rustie and what a difference! It seemed like a genuine laugh amongst friends and not bothering to sell anything (y)

He can do it, but can't remember the show now but it was probably months ago and he was like a different bloke

He has just said at the end of this show

"I have tried to be less pushy this show!

Keep trying it Mike it suits you, I get the feeling when there is a genuinely busy show (which that did seem to be) he relaxes a bit and perhaps the off camera Mike comes out a bit more

He can do it, but can't remember the show now but it was probably months ago and he was like a different bloke

He has just said at the end of this show

"I have tried to be less pushy this show!

Keep trying it Mike it suits you, I get the feeling when there is a genuinely busy show (which that did seem to be) he relaxes a bit and perhaps the off camera Mike comes out a bit more
100% agree, I have been his biggest critique, but ironically when he isnt talking about sales, there is a decent family guy in there I believe that, fair do's. 😇(y)

Kirsty Young has had to stand down from presenting the Coronation coverage with chronic pompositiitus. Mason drafted in to front events:

Mason: Right Gang...I don't mean to hurry you but the Geezer is being crowned at 11 and places are now limited stock..Mike? Yes, Michael? I expect Charlie to sell out before then..Some friendly, neighbourly advice - get two of him RIGHT NOW...Spot on, Michael. Mike? Charlie is a complete sell out, Gents..Er, Mike? Yes, Mike? Two Coronation Chicken Charlie baskets have not been checked out, so we are technically not sold out now again but sold out really..Now my next guest...Lordie Stephen Fry..Stevie Babe..Do you like my Arding and 'Obbs Coronation Chicken thyme piece, Geezer?

I didn't see the show with Lee. But from what has been written, it looks like Mason was a different person for that particular show. I think that is all well and good and I'm sure there is a decent family man outside of shopping television as he so often tells us that he is by implication.

I think sometimes we often make the mistake that Mason carries the can for all the questionable presentational and pressure selling techniques employed by ALL of the presenters and not just him. He is loud and brash so gets noticed doing it more; but even the softer in style ones like Ryan, for example, are doing exactly the same thing.

Though, before I get too carried away in praising him, I have heard and seen enough of him and selling style to be extremely uncomfortable with it at times - particularly the watch shows. Nice bloke he may be, and nice people all his colleagues may be (well, nearly all of them), collectively, and frequently enough, the information given to the punters is shall we say, vague, and sometimes extremely misleading. And not a way I would want to work if doing the same job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of interest - did they ever that bloke from Dragons Den, with the magic golf club back on again? He was 'the company' and seemed to be making some outrageous claims about the product, encouraged by the presenters at the time.

He was also good on the coin show last night, but when the guest is somebody from the company, you aren’t going to spout crap
good might be stretching it for me, for the five minutes I saw, every time he opens his gob he sounds like he is flogging cheap shammy cloths on Peckham market, seems to have the instant ability to cheapen a product. He probably is a good guy out of the day job, I just can't see past the blatant BS.

And the 'not to rush or hurry you' - sorry that simply does not cut it as a disclaimer.

The guy exudes about as much class an FSO Polonez with a Sideskirt Kit and Louvre back window!

Just out of interest - did they ever that bloke from Dragons Den, with the magic golf club back on again? He was 'the company' and seemed to be making some outrageous claims about the product, encouraged by the presenters at the time.

A BOSH

I believe he has sold everything from that "range" presume Ideal was part of a last attempt to sell some

Vostok double special show is on

Kev tells us the prices are "special for the coronation" free postage tbf if anyone is tempted!

Just turned over from watch football highlights and we've a never seen before movement, kev doesn't think anybody else uses it, Mathey-Tissot is first. Movement Ronda 5040F.

Oh look Zeno-Watch Basel uses it inside their Race Chrono which has been on sale at Amazon since 2019, but as kev says Mathey-Tissot are first to use it. Oh and they're only £240 for a watch with this new wonder movement. :ROFLMAO:

"You have to be in a very special society a cob (meant club i think) and you are because you tune into Freeview 51 only
100 ever made means this is actually PRICELESS"

Not really Peter

This Matt chap is very likeable just hope they don't train that out of him :)

Its Becks who must get very confused whether she is on Gems, Ideal or TJC not surprisingly she doesn't get involved in the channel name
be a disaster waiting to happen

This Matt chap is very likeable just hope they don't train that out of him :)

Its Becks who must get very confused whether she is on Gems, Ideal or TJC not surprisingly she doesn't get involved in the channel name
be a disaster waiting to happen
he is a natural hope he stays decent.

She is quite an attractive woman with a shocking dress sense! Sorry but its water on a tile.

My God, that Hayley (the Rubberhead partner) is probably the most oily, annoying and painful shopping experience since a crate of Mazola fell on my foot in David Greig’s in 1972. Unctuous selling manner underplays her on the insincerity front. Flogging a barbecue when it is pis..raining down on us all. Flogging it on the plus point that you can bring the wretched thing in and do a barbecue inside. Er..no thanks.. On now with Chef Car on His Head. Now doing a seedy double entendre routine about who likes what on cuts of meat..Well…”I like the Breasts,” says Chef Carry On..”I like the thighs, too.“ Your Rubberhead, he likes the thighs the breasts, and the chewing on the parson‘s nose, doesn’t he, Mrs?? he drones.. I assume they think they’re being clever and getting these things in without people even noticing, so low is their opinion of their audience, you suspect. Just get on with your calzone snot burgers…On we go with old Oh My God, feigned surprise it’s two cheap ice cube trays you get, not one. Oh my God, my ars…

Last edited by a moderator:
My God, that Hayley (the Rubberhead partner) is probably the most oily, annoying and painful shopping experience since a crate of Mazola fell on my foot in David Greig’s in 1972. Unctuous selling manner underplays her on the insincerity front. Flogging a barbecue when it is pis..raining down on us all. Flogging it on the plus point that you can bring the wretched thing in and do a barbecue inside. Er..no thanks.. On now with Chef Car on His Head. Now doing a seedy double entendre routine about who likes what on cuts of meat..Well…”I like the Breasts,” says Chef Carry On..”I like the thighs, too.“ Your Rubberhead, he likes the thighs the breasts, and the chewing on the parson‘s nose, doesn’t he, Mrs?? he drones.. I assume they think they’re being clever and getting these things in without people even noticing, so low is their opinion of their audience, you suspect. Just get on with your calzone snot burgers…On we go with old Oh My God, feigned surprise it’s two cheap ice cube trays you get, not one. Oh my God, my ars…
she keeps continually looking up to the skies perhaps some attempt to try accentuate her amazement. Can believe rubber head has managed to hold down a woman given he seems about as masculine as Charles Hawtrey.

And now its big Pete as the Resident Faux Rattan Guru - time for a bit of cushion fondling, IW style....it makes a change from him fretting about his skin dander!

Latest posts

Back