Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, Opatra do sell the Pro Lite tunnel for £20k, on their Opatra London website, also in Harrods on their 5th floor tech department. Because Opatra don't do advertising, so they have a deal with TJC/IW, to basically do it for them, thus saving Opatra thousands in adverts and meaning that they can do the Pro Lite and all their devices, at such discounted prices on TJC/IW, same for the American brand devices, Lunamour, who want a share of the UK market. Before U ask, no I don't work for either Opatra or TJC/IW..........and Natalia's lips were that size before she ever started on TJC/IW or started using Opatra, her forehead hasn't moved in the 2years that she has been working on TJC/IW either!! Hope that helps!!!
TJC and now IW (seems to sell everything TJC does which feels like watching the same info on different channels) do very good discounts on Opatra. I watched Chloe and Peter recently and they sold a large amount of the pro lite tunnels. A very good return on an hours broadcasting. Although the tunnel looks amazing it is definitely a considered purchase.

I have bad arthritis and have found the Opatra dermineck red light / massage etc device does help to manage symptons as you can use this device easily on most areas due to its brilliant shape. I use it on hands, knees ,ankles for arthritis but as it is advertised for use on your face and neck for ageing I have used it there too and yes you can reduce your jowels, reduce brown spots etc so for me it isn’t a vanity object but a useful multi - purpose tool. I do not want to take lots of pills to control the pain so for me Opatra is a boon. I got mine from TJC on one of the Beauty Events after watching the Opatra guest Marianne talking about light therapy over several months. Thank you elyssa for your posts explaining how light therapy can work to help people who have various illnesses.

Peter Is back this evening, all is at ease
‘Av’ a buy..Go on…Buy one in each colour.. Everybody needs toilet rolls in the colours of the rainbow. Our Bet, Dr. Lobitoff, I.P. Hourlee, Ladies…Cyril…How many left, Wholio? How many thousands? Can we put a clock on it? No…I’m not hurrying them with no good cause… Go on…’Av’ a buy…. Please…

As with many things, you get what you pay for re: Opatra et al.

All peer-reviewed studies I can find for light therapy only look at medical-grade equipment, not home-use devices.

Which is an important distinction.

After all, as someone else in this thread said, not all LEDs are the same. Studies looking at such devices use LEDs which are UV-free, function at specific wavelengths (and have enough power to, so aren't USB charged), and usually involved specific, even coverage... A plastic handle with 5 weak LEDS on the end the Selly Telly lady tells you to jab your jowls with while you watch Corrie probably isn't going to offer comparable results to the "scientifically proven study".

Has Opatra even published a non-peer, clinical study? I'm yet to come across one…

I do see they like to sell with "FDA cleared" or "FDA approved" in their descriptions, but that's marketing that implies more than it means. The FDA don't do their own testing (not for electronics, they're thankfully more involved with medicines). They just require a company to submit a clinical study (which a company is free to do themselves and doesn't have to be independently reviewed). Or if their product is similar enough to one already cleared/approved by the FDA, it can pass through automatically.

A quick search for "FDA recalls" reveals a few flaws with that process!

Similarly Opatra seem to make a big deal about "sold at Harrods" as if that means something too.

A quick search of UK business forums turns up lots of tips when pitching to Harrods' buyers, the main one being that agreeing to sell to them at cost or a small loss (!) is actually a win-win, with the benefits to future sales elsewhere (and other retailers agreeing to stock it) making up for any lost profit from sales made in Harrods.

A consumer hears a product is "sold in Harrods" and they think "it must be quality", regardless of whether it's true!

If I were to buy an LED light therapy device I'd lean towards a company with a background in producing medical equipment, like Omnilux. They've branched out in to home-use devices like masks, publish their studies, and sell their masks with the assurance they use "medical-grade LEDs" — which given they make and sell medical-grade equipment as their main business, I'm more likely to believe.

So yeah: like selly telly watches, there's the real deal, and there's the pretence of the real deal …picked-out-of-a-catalog Chinese device and a logo slapped on it, an RRP inflated, and lots of oohing and ahhing involved.

Not a direct comparison, Opatra - don't worry.

It's certainly interesting that neither the beauty press (e.g Vogue, Cosmopolitan) or consumer press (e.g., Good Housekeeping Institute) feature Opatra devices in their lists of the best LED therapy masks, etc.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen headphones being demoed so crapily

Still have no idea how they sound, at least when Gen had them the other day, she had her phone connected to them, are played music

Ooh its price to clear he says, no its not, same price as other day

He’s only been back 20 minutes and it’s the BS Show allready

In the previous versions of Ideal World and I guess on the Bid stuff, he hasn't had to wax lyrical about much tech stuff. They usually had someone like Janice on or the folks that would be the expert for the sat navs or whatever tech device they were selling. He gets the occasional tech word they've said in his ear correct, but has no idea of the context. He said you get 'all the USBs' but didn't elaborate. he started talking about memory but stopped mid sentence as usual. If you were wanting to learn about something and he is the man selling it, you would be totally confused as he has no idea what he's talking about

Latest posts

Back