Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was another who checked out the YouTube feed of old Pedro after seeing the comments on here. What on earth has he done to himself? I was surprised he didn't even address the way he looked when he did his opening introduction as there was no hiding it.

For all the sh*t we give him, all of it deserved, I really hope he hasn't being taking beauty tips off Natalia.

The bit I watched yesterday, he was stating that Vibrapower was his favourite item that he has brought to air in his 30 years on television, claiming that he uses it at least every other day. I thought he had dodgy knees and couldn't exercise? Or is this just another case of his ailments changing depending on what he is selling?

I was another who checked out the YouTube feed of old Pedro after seeing the comments on here. What on earth has he done to himself? I was surprised he didn't even address the way he looked when he did his opening introduction as there was no hiding it.

For all the sh*t we give him, all of it deserved, I really hope he hasn't being taking beauty tips off Natalia.

The bit I watched yesterday, he was stating that Vibrapower was his favourite item that he has brought to air in his 30 years on television, claiming that he uses it at least every other day. I thought he had dodgy knees and couldn't exercise? Or is this just another case of his ailments changing depending on what he is selling?
In all seriousness, his face was quite terrifying to look at. I think if they had some responsible adults working there in senior production, somebody should have had a word in his nose (where his ear once was) and told him to take a few weeks off. Why his nose looked as it did, I still cannot fully get to grips with. His eyes were so far apart they needed to be formerly introduced to one another. And he looked like he had a lumpy-bumpy, very red forehead. I know some people choose to turn their faces into cat lookalikes and other animals. I can only think he wanted to look more like a Klingon for some reason? If he had actually made some reference to the issue it might have helped. It was like trying to act as if nothing had happened with somebody with half their head missing, talking about the weather, when they should have just said they had an argument with a chainsaw.

Last edited:
Beast2.jpg

Peter Simon was very reminiscent of Ron Pearlman as the beast from the 80s TV show Beauty and The Beast with Linda Hamilton.

All joking aside I hope he seeks medical attention. There's something not right

Irresponsible to do a show!
But also the management at tjc what were you thinking?
He should have been advised to go home,there is enough of the shysters around the building to do his shift for him.
I’m beginning to think those in charge have no common sense,it’s like nobody cares,surely they could have given him the time off.

Good Morning, it’s Dr. Edwards here. Good Morning, it’s Dr. Edwards here. I strenuously deny I say everything twice. I strenuously…Mr. Simon, step this way.. What on earth happened to you, Man? You stuck what, where??.Back to your jar at the London Hospital. NEXT??? Now…I am going to show some superb quality oxymoronic under £10 medical aids. Let me shout that again again in a bad tempered manner. TURN THE SOD…LIGHTS OFF, BOBBY..Have we any price comparisons?? ANSWER ME!!!! Stop distracting people and busy clinicians by turning on lights to see where you’re going. Use this £9.99 reading light when exploring a pitch black cellar. I like a FUNNY, me.. And when you’ve broken your neck because you couldn’t see anything, DON’T bother a busy shopping clinician with your wretched injuries. Do me a favour now…Bugger off…

Irresponsible to do a show!
But also the management at tjc what were you thinking?
He should have been advised to go home,there is enough of the shysters around the building to do his shift for him.
I’m beginning to think those in charge have no common sense,it’s like nobody cares,surely they could have given him the time off.
The producer really should have sent him home. I think because they are just kids they don't have the thought to do that. He probably showed up 5 mins before air and they couldn't do anything. But what they should have done was let him go on for the first hour then bring in a relief presenter for the rest (using the hour to find someone available, heck even that guy Martin)

In all seriousness, his face was quite terrifying to look at. I think if they had some responsible adults working there in senior production, somebody should have had a word in his nose (where his ear once was) and told him to take a few weeks off. Why his nose looked as it did, I still cannot fully get to grips with. His eyes were so far apart they needed to be formerly introduced to one another. And he looked like he had a lumpy-bumpy, very red forehead. I know some people choose to turn their faces into cat lookalikes and other animals. I can only think he wanted to look more like a Klingon for some reason? If he had actually made some reference to the issue it might have helped. It was like trying to act as if nothing had happened with somebody with half their head missing, talking about the weather, when they should have just said they had an argument with a chainsaw.
You will probably find management aren’t around this weekend

The producer really should have sent him home. I think because they are just kids they don't have the thought to do that. He probably showed up 5 mins before air and they couldn't do anything. But what they should have done was let him go on for the first hour then bring in a relief presenter for the rest (using the hour to find someone available, heck even that guy Martin)
This, spot on. He should have been sent home and never should have been allowed on air, or at the very least if you are going to allow him to present, he should have addressed the issue. Peter Vol-au-vent is usually loitering around the studio; have him earn his money for a change as opposed to his usual stealing of a living. If there was no one to cover Pedro's shift, just play some pre-recorded video, like what is shown during the 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. slot.

What happened yesterday was incredibly irresponsible and the fault lies with the producer/manager.

Deja vu.

The trolley duo.

Big bottle of water.

Storage cases.

Bungee straps.

Push it around.

So simple.

Why is Peter V even needed?
I suspect what has happened is, it isn't TJC style to have specific 'experts' the only time I have seen that is for beauty products, often someone over Zoom (though I don't watch that channel very much). But the Ideal World model works better with items fully demonstrated. I think what they have done is put Peter V down as a freelance presenter and then bring him in to demonstrate stuff. So I don't think he is getting paid any more than the others it's just his role has increased. So on that front I'd rather have him demonstrate drinking tea if it means he shows how other products work. Ignoring the guff he comes out with, compared to the first couple of months in the broom cupboard having that role is a big improvement, There are certain products that having him there helps. Someone like Peter Simon struggles with the technical side of stuff and Peter V can pick up the slack. I'm not saying it's the best decision but probably one that works for them.

Latest posts

Back